Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
I stayed off the highway and went through the rev range up to 5k. My 18 didn't burn any oil. My 19 is still full on the dipstick, but still too new to tell. All the velocity blues are in Florida, 5 that I can tell. 2 are in Michigan, but with massive markups. A few of the Florida cars are selling at sticker. Your situation is tricky just like mine, you also have a traditional variable that needs to make sense. As long as the R is what you want, and you're willing to deal with the extra maintenance and care of a black car, you're golden.
I agree with you. I’m ok with black, although not my first choice, it looks intimidating in black. I guess in roughly 9 hours it will be a done deal, unless I back out at the 12 th hour.
Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
I agree with you. I’m ok with black, although not my first choice, it looks intimidating in black. I guess in roughly 9 hours it will be a done deal, unless I back out at the 12 th hour.
I wish you the best of luck!

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Hello! My 2c: A '19 Blk R @ window sticker? Not really 1st color choice but you do like it? Local to you? Go!!! Lol!
I'm on my 2nd Race Red GT350; '18 and I love RR! But, I totally agree that Blk R's look SO sinister/mean! Wrap that thing pretty extensively in PPF to protect. Ceramic Coat it and get back w/us!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I agree with you. These vehicles are to be driven and enjoyed, but for me when any vehicle hits $ 70,000.00 and up, whether it is a car or truck it does become a investment when you take into account insurance, taxes, registration, maintenance, and things like PPF and ceramic coatings to protect your car ( investment). Unless the vehicle is a tax write off for work or the vehicle is bringing in income like a work truck, they really are investments today. Unless you have jay Leno like money.

On another note, at a local vehicle show/car auction up here in maine a 1965/66 Shelby GT 350 brought in $ 300,000.00, highest priced selling vehicle at the auction.
It's not an investment that will make money, I think is what he meant. It's a losing investment, if you will.

But dude, that is a lot of coin to upgrade. Do you track the car regularly? That is the only viable reason at that price difference to make the switch IMO. They have the same engine, trans., body, etc. If I had a GT350 already I wouldn't be upgrading to an R. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
It's not an investment that will make money, I think is what he meant. It's a losing investment, if you will.

But dude, that is a lot of coin to upgrade. Do you track the car regularly? That is the only viable reason at that price difference to make the switch IMO. They have the same engine, trans., body, etc. If I had a GT350 already I wouldn't be upgrading to an R. Just my 2 cents.
Thank you. And I do agree with your points. They are all very viable and correct. The only thing I will say is after driving both vehicles, there is a noticeable difference in how the cars drive. And go look at what used R's are bringing in that have not been recalled or damaged. 2017's are bringing MSRP with low miles.

But I do agree with everything else you said.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Hello! My 2c: A '19 Blk R @ window sticker? Not really 1st color choice but you do like it? Local to you? Go!!! Lol!
I'm on my 2nd Race Red GT350; '18 and I love RR! But, I totally agree that Blk R's look SO sinister/mean! Wrap that thing pretty extensively in PPF to protect. Ceramic Coat it and get back w/us!
I HEAR YOU, LOUD AND CLEAR !

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
I just went through the same situation - traded my 17 GT350 (which I bought new 3 years ago) for a 19 Black GT350R (KR277). I went back and forth... but the R is a really special car... and will be the car to have for the long term (desirable and rare - much more rare than a standard GT350 anyways). Up-front switch definitely hits the pocket book (I got similar trade money and bought at MSRP) - but assuming you plan to have it for many years, I believe that when the market establishes after they stop building them, there will be a similar gap ($20K-$30K) between similar condition regular GT350's and R's (Say $35K for regular and $55-60K for R).

Just my two cents... don't mortgage your house, but if you can afford it - go for it, you won't regret it.

And yes, while I wanted red or blue... the R looks so sinister in black!

IMG_6617.jpg

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
If you're just daily driving it aggressively and not driving like an asshat, you can get 5-6k miles out of them. Then switch to michelin p4s longevity/grip compromise.
True. 4100 on my stock Cup2s with plenty left.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Thank you for the heads up. Did you just run the stock Michelin tires out and then switch to the p4s ? Are you giving up much performance switching to the p4s ? Did you ever get caught in the rain with the stock tires ?

I am scheduled to trade in my gt 350 tomorrow morning and pick up the R. Black with the red pinstripe. Am I excited ? yes. Am I getting cold feet at 8:30 pm ? yes. I just took my GT 350 to fill it up with gas because I only had a 1/4 of a tank of fuel left and I have a 2 hour drive to the ford dealership. I have to be honest I was a little depressed driving the GT 350 to the gas station and back home because the Lightning Blue GT 350 has been a really enjoyable sports car and I have zero complaints, and I love it ! I have owned several performance cars from bmw m cars, Lexus, and Chevrolet. And other fords. And I have been in a few I did not personally own and I can tell you that my base GT 350 is the best handling, best sounding, best driving, best looking, and it gets the most attention out of all the other cars I have owned. I guess I have grown attached to the GT 350 in only 8 months of ownership. Absolutely love the car, and in 3000 miles I have not added a drop of oil. And yes, I have checked it atleast 6-7 times in 3000 miles ownership. And I watch the gauges like a hawk.

In one aspect I am excited and in another aspect I am a little sad and wondering if the GT 350 R is not just to much over the top for somebody who will probably only track the car once per year.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I really appreciated, you have been a big help.
Don’t have cold feet. The R is special and feels different from a 350 you will appreciate it. You may also find yourself wanting to track if a little more.

Nice color, and on the red raptor ;). My pair..
F3BC3C84-5201-4A35-BBCE-BA73992228BD.jpeg
7EEBAAF9-E6DE-48F0-ADA4-F3509A889C9A.jpeg

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I changed the wheels for street use and saved my cup 2s an CF wheels for track. If you dont track, yea, use them up on the street

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Tim

What wheels are you using for the street?

I am thinking I am going to upgrade to an R this week and have a set of stock GT350 wheels that I was going to put MPSS or PS4's on for street driving.

Will the stock GT350 rims work??

Jim Dombrowski

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
OP, Did you get the R yet?

It’s definitely worth trailing up man. You drove both so you already know. They drive differently. I have no plans to track my 350R. Still, I would not get a regular 350, so don’t feel bad about not tracking the car and getting an R.

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
Tim

I am thinking I am going to upgrade to an R this week and have a set of stock GT350 wheels that I was going to put MPSS or PS4's on for street driving.

Jim Dombrowski

Hi Jim-

I am going to use the carbon fiber wheels (and Cup 2's) for the street. While a lot of people say it is a waste, etc. - to me this is a good portion of what makes an R special - and I want to enjoy it as it was meant to be when I do drive it. That said, the Cup 2's throw rocks like crazy (and I have good roads around me) so I will be investing in PPF and ceramic coating (still evaluating who I want to do the work, I plan to keep this car in my collection long-term) vs. buying a set of forged aluminum rims and tires (PS4's)... similar cost for the amount of film I am planning vs. a lower end price of forged rims (signature, for example).

Anyone have a recommendation in the Cincinnati area?

Probably other feeds on the stock GT350 rims (I did not do a search but know I have read about it)... I believe they will work but there is work involved (changing out the hub assembles I believe)... and those wheels are not light... taking away most of the R experience and its suspension tuning... not that it is not an option to keep the carbon rims nice if that is your priority - but I would say there are better ones in my eyes.

Tim

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Tim

Jim Dombrowski
I have forgestars from one of the members. They do fit although the lugs need to be replaced
Sponsored