Sponsored

What car has the most obnoxious drivers when you drive your S550.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Idiots come in all shapes and sizes. It's never a muscle or sports car. Mazda3 base with a fart can and turquoise stock plastidip rims today tried to pass me. And then a teen in a base newer Impreza wagon right after him.

2 days ago a C6 vette did a burnout behind me at a red light. That was pretty awesome. I gave him a thumbs up. :D
Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I don't have much of a problem with people wanting to race my Mustang GT.
When I'm in my Hellcat its all the Mustang GT owners that want to race.
Go figure.
My Bullitt can't beat a Hellcat off the line. All the roads are straight around here (Central Valley): advantage Hellcat.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
other mustang drivers are the worst IMO

Makes me want to get rid of my car because of it

Deleted member 35644

The other Mustangs around here are one extreme or the other. I was behind a GT the other morning on Central Expressway, and he never topped 60mph in a 70 zone. On the other hand, a few weeks ago, I was ahead of (briefly) a gray GT on Renner Rd (40 mph limit) and he passed me at around 70mph, exhaust screaming. He didn't ride my ass or even come close to me, so I don't really care. But he better be careful....the Richardson police will have their way with him when they eventually catch him doing it. I will say it was better than my usual trip down Renner, getting stuck behind the Camrys and Corollas of the world riding side-by-side going 35mph.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
other mustang drivers are the worst IMO

Makes me want to get rid of my car because of it
That's only happened to me once and it was this past weekend with two different Mustangs. The first one was a Bubba in a red '15 or '16 GT that had several dents in the side I saw. Came up next to me on a 4 lane highway and revved. I looked and waved then ignored until he sped off obnoxiously. My traveling companion said he ogled her when she looked over. The other was on the interstate, I'm in the right hand lane doing 4MPH over the limit in a construction zone when a nice white late model GT doesn't like that traffic in the left lane is backed up worse than mine so he dives right onto an on ramp to pass me just in time to slam his brakes so he doesn't rear end the semi I was following using adaptive cruise.

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Wasn't there an article somewhere, maybe linked on Jalopnik about how bad Honda CR-V drivers are? Also, Jalopnik had another article saying Subaru WRX/STI get the most tickets so they must be in the running. And then add in the jerks in large pickup trucks who think they own the road. They'd probably get my vote. I'd have to say in reality nearly everyone sucks, and anyone will cut you off if you leave decent following room in front of you as I do. It happens to me multiple times every day on few miles I'm on the highway commuting to and from work. It also happens on the surface streets where they rush to the front of the line and cut over at the last minute.
I always leave a gap, I always worry about rock chips. And a lot of people take advantage of that unfortunately.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Almost got hit by a Jeep Cherokee yesterday. Stupid lady just rolled thru the stop sign and ignored the fact I existed.
They stopped making Jeep Cherokees after 2001. The XJ was the last Jeep Cherokee worth anything.
New Jeep Cherokees are a lifted car as far as I'm concerned.

Even with all these safety features, people still can't drive. I'm thinking people rely on these safety features and don't know how to drive otherwise. They are meant as an assist or aid, not to completely drive the car lol.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Bullitt can't beat a Hellcat off the line. All the roads are straight around here (Central Valley): advantage Hellcat.
if I was in a non-boosted Mustang I'd have no problem racing a Hellcat to the next light. That car has a lot of power for the street. Since I got boost I don't light it up from a dig anymore with cars around. That shit can get scary as fuck and there just isn't enough pavement once it grips and catapults you to the next time zone. Even the smallest bump, dead animal, pot hole with fuck your world up.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
They stopped making Jeep Cherokees after 2001. The XJ was the last Jeep Cherokee worth anything.
New Jeep Cherokees are a lifted car as far as I'm concerned.

Even with all these safety features, people still can't drive. I'm thinking people rely on these safety features and don't know how to drive otherwise. They are meant as an assist or aid, not to completely drive the car lol.
Yes I just was too lazy to type grand.

Reactions: Ebm

Deleted member

None in particular.

I will say that about 75% of female Asian drivers.......shouldn't have licenses. I mean, they're just dangerous.

And females in general. Just don't have that visual/spatial thing going on very well. Very timid drivers, and at the same time dangerous despite being scared and driving slow.

Come to think of it, really the worst drivers are the ones that are scared of driving. They hit their brakes if someone next to them does, slow down for no reason, are afraid to take any turns at normal speeds.
"I turn now! Good aruck everybody erse!"
tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Deleted member

I think of this scene every time I see an Asian or Indian woman pull this stunt on my way home from work....which is pretty much every day. They aren't making this shit up.
Brother you have no idea how much this is a reality in the south SF bay area.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've talked a lot to my colleagues about this as we travel all over the USA and get to see the lowest common denominator on the roads. To me, and my colleagues agree, it's not a particular car, but a class of car. And that class, while probably not meeting an EPA "Official" size class, I'm going to call the "corolla" club.

Basically any low-cost car. Corolla, Civic, Kia, Hyundai, Cruise, Fiesta, Versa and I'm going to throw the prius in here as well.

Although the cars are ill-prepared to swerving through traffic at 10mph faster than anyone else, the drivers seem compelled to do so. Yes, prius' included. (How? Well once they get up to 90, the drivers keep them there). I don't know if it's because they just don't care about their car, or their safety. Perhaps they are always late/leaving at the last minute and that behavior limits their income (e.g. hard to get/keep a good paying job if you are always late). Likewise, maybe it is (for example) a single parent that is unfortunately working two jobs and also taking their kid to school.

Around here, BMW's and other luxury brands are just status symbols, so most people (here) don't think the road is all theirs. But, you get into the midwest, for example, and it is a different story - people have to go out of their way to buy a BMW, there isn't a BMW dealership on every other corner like there is here.

Deleted member 35644

I think I might fall over dead of a heart attack if I see a Corolla or Civic (non-Si) traveling over the speed limit here. If they ever do experience mechanical problems, it will only be due to the cobwebs in the throttle body. I'm utterly convinced Toyota garnered their longevity reputation because they are never revved beyond 2,500 rpm.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I agree with all the Jeep and Dodge truck comments. Easily 7 out of 10 times I seem someone doing something stupid, it's a Jeep product or a Dodge truck
Sponsored