zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Auto) - Procharger HO Stage 1
Hello Everyone,
First and foremost, i'm new to the community, but have spent quite some time reading various threads. I am in need of a little bit of help from members that have experience with a Procharged 2018 Mustang GT. I will try to provide as much details as possible to reduce the number of questions.
I recently ordered and installed a Procharger HO Stage 1 Complete System (with tune). Referenced below are the details from the Procharger site:
#1 HO Intercooled System with P-1SC-1 supercharger 55-60%+ 6.5 psi 750+ HP 1FW614-SCI (stage 1 IC)

After having the kit on my vehicle for about a month, I was finally able to get it to a shop in Richmond, VA (National Speed) to double check my install and make sure there were no leaks, belt slippage, etc. I also wanted to get it on the dyno to see what numbers she was putting out.
National Speed did their testing and found no problems with my install. No boost/vac leaks, no belt slippage, all looked good.
To the dyno she goes. This is where I need some guidance on my issue. While on the dyno, the boost that was read looked low to me. At 7,500rpm the max boost I saw on the readout was 5.28lbs. I was under the impression that i'd hit 6.5lbs of boost with this kit at 7,500. Also, the vehicle pushed out 529.28HP at 6.87k and 474.37TQ 4.6k. One of the pictures that I took of the results showed 4.61lbs of boost at 7.12k. I do not have a printed graph for the 5.28lbs @ 7.5k rpm (sorry).
The results showed that boost was increasing as expected with and increase of rpm. There were no drops in boost pressure to suggest a leak or slippage of the belt. Here are the rough numbers based on what I can see on the graph:
3k - 1lb
4k - ~1.5lb
5k - ~2.2lb
6k - ~3.1lb
7.12k - 4.61lb
7.5k - ~5.28lb
Again, no drops in boost and the increase was consistent. The dyno was done in 7th gear with STD correction factor.
So, basically, with all that said, can anyone provide any help or input on what I should do/look for? I have not reached out to Procharger yet. I figured this would be a good place to start. It is a P-1SC-1, stage 1 intercooler, with what looked like a 4.38 pulley upon visual inspection of the numbering on it.
If the car in stock form is rated at 460/420 and it's ~415/397 to the wheels, even in the worst case scenario of a 50% increase, shouldn't the numbers be 690/610 and 622/595 to the wheel after the stage 1?
Now, I am aware that i'm only hitting 5.28lbs and not the full 6.5lbs, but if it were 6.5lbs, based on my dyno results, it still won't be anywhere close to that, right?
BTW, I understand that each vehicle is different and each dyno reading is as well. So, i'm not placing any blame. Just looking for some help.
Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Mustang Dyno or dynojet? For what it's worth my stage 1 kit on stock pulley made about the same but the Procharger tech on here said it should make a lot more. I've never found any issue that I could correct to make more power.

Edit: granted mine was on a mustang Dyno and in 4th gear

OP
OP

zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dyno or dynojet? For what it's worth my stage 1 kit on stock pulley made about the same but the Procharger tech on here said it should make a lot more. I've never found any issue that I could correct to make more power.
It was the dynojet. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope there is someone here that can help. I assume you had the 4.38 pully as well?
Did you just pulley down to accommodate for it?

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
It was the dynojet. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope there is someone here that can help. Were you getting the same amount of boost and hp/tq numbers? I assume you had the 4.38 pully as well?
No. Are you sure you aren't on the stage 2 bracket with a 4.38 pulley? Is it a dedicated kit? Mine came with a 3.7" pulley and made about 6 lbs. Addition of a mak inlet and 3.2" pulley and I'm around 14-15 now.

OP
OP

zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
No. Are you sure you aren't on the stage 2 bracket with a 4.38 pulley? Is it a dedicated kit? Mine came with a 3.7" pulley and made about 6 lbs. Addition of a mak inlet and 3.2" pulley and I'm around 14-15 now.
My kit is the one that has the 6rib pulley and feeds onto the serpentine belt. I'm pretty certain that i'm on the stage 1 bracket.

Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I would call ATI and ask about the stock pulley size then. It may have changed since I got my kit but the step up ratio should be the same so unless there is a change in the belt routing or something that would affect blower rpm I'm not sure why our pulley sizes are different.

OP
OP

zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
I would call ATI and ask about the stock pulley size then. It may have changed since I got my kit but the step up ratio should be the same so unless there is a change in the belt routing or something that would affect blower rpm I'm not sure why our pulley sizes are different.
I think the pulley sizes might be different because the 18+ cars have a larger diameter balancer. I guess I will give them a call and see what they say.
Reference:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/am-i-making-the-boost-i-should.123106/

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Boost pressure depends on atmospheric conditions. Nothing about what you posted seems odd. You are barely spinning the blower, hence the low power output. Put a 3.7 on it and hold on.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
P1sc+huge 6rib pulley+canned procharger tune= what youre getting. Find down what pulley you have and go down 2-3 sizes then custom tune it. Should gain 70whp easily.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
That would do it. Are you sure you don't have a leak, maybe around the maf? Although looking at your boost per rpm it looks like if it was run up a few hundred rpm more it might be close to that boost number you are looking for.

Sponsored
OP
OP

zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
Boost pressure depends on atmospheric conditions. Nothing about what you posted seems odd. You are barely spinning the blower, hence the low power output. Put a 3.7 on it and hold on.
Will atmospheric conditions cause the pressure to vary by 1.3lbs or more? I didn't realize that it could be such a drastic change. I appreciate the feedback and will most likely drop the pulley down.

OP
OP

zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
P1sc+huge 6rib pulley+canned procharger tune= what youre getting. Find down what pulley you have and go down 2-3 sizes then custom tune it. Should gain 70whp easily.
Looking forward to doing that as I'd like to get at least 600 to the wheels. Appreciate the reply.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Will atmospheric conditions cause the pressure to vary by 1.3lbs or more? I didn't realize that it could be such a drastic change. I appreciate the feedback and will most likely drop the pulley down.
On the stage 2 larger crank pulley with 4.50" pulley from 40° ambient to 85° ambient I lost 4 lbs of boost. so ya 1.3 takes very little change to effect.

OP
OP

zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
That would do it. Are you sure you don't have a leak, maybe around the maf? Although looking at your boost per rpm it looks like if it was run up a few hundred rpm more it might be close to that boost number you are looking for.
I did have the shop check for leaks and i've made sure everything is 100% tightened. I figured a leak would show some variance in the boost pressure instead of a steady increase. As in the leak would probably get worse as the pressure built up. You're right about that, but i'd rather pulley down.

OP
OP

zzevolzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
On the stage 2 larger crank pulley with 4.50" pulley from 40° ambient to 85° ambient I lost 4 lbs of boost. so ya 1.3 takes very little change to effect.
Oh wow, that's a huge loss of boost. I'll educate myself a bit more on the possibility of loss due to that.
Sponsored