PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Raptor, 2014 Ford Escape
Hi -
Looking for help here. I took my vehicle into the local dealership (only one in town), and they've screwed me before. Their service department door dinged my new 2016 Shelby GT350 (it is new, it had 4000 miles when I dropped it off, and I am literally the first owner, purchased end of June 2019). They covered it up with touchup paint that appears to be the red color that replaced candy apple red, and does not match the Race Red on my car. The paint was still soft enough to mark from a fingernail being pushed at it when I picked the car up (they had it for between 3 and 4 hours). I called the service department out immediately, and made the service manager come outside with me to look at it. He immediately denied it was them, and said "we don't even have paint here, it couldn't have been us". He then offered to cover the cost of fixing it through their body shop and provide information via email, which he never did.

I called the 1800 number for customer support, they told me I need to complain in writing to FoMoCo Customer Relationship Center. The local dealership service manager first offered to pay for getting it fixed after patently denying it could've been them, because they don't have paint. He has now rescinded that offer, probably because the body shop said the paint color I have is going to probably run 1.5-2k for fixing the door, which sounded high. The body shop in question does nice work, and is the Ford dealership body shop, so no number shenanigans are likely.

The dealership service manager called me a few minutes ago and reiterated that all three techs that touched the car did not damage it, they were extra careful, and they don't have paint, so couldn't have been them. He informed me they are dropping the matter, and consider it closed, and will not be covering or assisting with getting it fixed.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Where do I go from here? I gave them the lowest possible ratings in the survey on the service and asked to be contacted, but Ford has not reached out. I pinged FordService account here in PM, but they haven't logged in since 2017 I see now. I pinged FordService on Twitter too.

I have a couple high resolution photos of the side of the car, including one a couple days before it was taken in for service, and there is no sign of the damage.

I'm F$#@ING furious here.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Social Media rules....

Go to that Service Center’s or Dealership’s Social Media account and post your exact complaint with pics.... and how you’re being treated.

Trust me, it’s going to make waves at the Dealership at all levels.

Then you call and find out who the Franchise Owner is and request a face to face meeting, because not only of the damage, but again how you’re being treated.

Call the Ford 800# back again and request a Ford CSR Supervisor.. you do NOT have to put jack shit into writing... you are able to talk to them direct when there is a legit concern... whoever told you that you need to write a letter needs to be retrained. If they give you shit again, tell them you’ll be plastering all of their Social Media sites.

Do you have ANY pics of that side of the vehicle before it went into service, from that day, or a day before, or week before...??

Here’s what I suggest to ANYONE taking their car to ANY service facility be it the Ford Shop, body shop, detailer, car wash, whatever....

TAKE PICS OF THE CAR ON THEIR LOT BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT TO THEM TO PERFORM ANY WORK. Take pics of both sides, front, rear, wheels and interior. This documents that your vehicle was damage free before you released it for work to be performed. You all have phones with some type of camera, use it... this way it’s not your word against theirs or them blatantly lying that no damage was caused under their watch.

And please tell me what Ford Dealership does NOT have touch up paint readily available from their Parts Dept... or anywhere within the Dealership’s walls... they are BSing you on that one (obviously).

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
You have every right to be furious. It sounds like the dealer has dug in their heels on the lie that they didn't do it, which might make it near impossible to get anything from them. Hopefully somebody else has experience that will help you resolve the issue without resorting to arson. :angry:

OP
OP

PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I know I probably should've posted in the Shelby section, but I figured more eyes over here, and don't take this for anything other than what I'm typing, as I loved my 2010 GT, they are likely to be less careful with something other than a GT350 one would think. That's why I asked here. I tried Ford on Twitter, but nothing back as of yet. I tried several 1800 numbers, and the direct line to the lady a guy at work was going through for a lemon law replacement, but she no longer works at Ford per her voicemail. I am guessing I'm probably screwed here unless I want to go the lawyer route. Thanks for looking at and replying.

OP
OP

PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Social Media rules....

Go to that Service Center’s or Dealership’s Social Media account and post your exact complaint with pics.... and how you’re being treated.

Then you call and find out who the Franchise Owner is and request a face to face meeting, because not only of the damage, but again how you’re being treated.

Call the Ford 800# back again and request a Ford CSR Supervisor.. you do NOT have to put jack shit into writing... you are able to talk to them direct when there is a legit concern... whoever told you that you need to write a letter needs to be retrained. If they give you shit again, tell them you’ll be plastering all of their Social Media sites.

Do you have ANY pics of that side of the vehicle before it went into service, from that day, or a day before, or week before...??

Here’s what I suggest to ANYONE taking their car to ANY service facility be it the Ford Shop, body shop, detailer, car wash, whatever....

TAKE PICS OF THE CAR ON THEIR LOT BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT TO THEM TO PERFORM ANY WORK. Take pics of both sides, front, rear, wheels and interior. This documents that your vehicle was damage free before you released it for work to be performed. You all have phones with some type of camera, use it... this way it’s not your word against theirs or them blatantly lying that no damage was caused under their watch.

And please tell me what Ford Dealership does NOT have touch up paint readily available from their Parts Dept... or anywhere within the Dealership’s walls... they are BSing you on that one (obviously).
Yes, I have Hi-Res pictures from 4 days before the vehicle went in for service. I have posted on their social media already, and Google, and Yelp. I called the dealership (now owner, previously General Manager) directly and left a voicemail with him twice now. Previous history is that my wife's 2013 Ford Escape was in their service department for 6 weeks, returned not fixed, went back for 4 more weeks, returned broken, and went back again for a week for a new transmission. During the first two visits, because we didn't buy from them, they refused to provide a loaner vehicle. The Service Advisor did not provide reasonable updates, and treated my wife like she was a dips@#t, probably because she was female. They also blew two alignments on my 2010 GT so bad that it wore out a set of front tires in 8000 miles as well. I'm sure I'm in their system as an asshole, but hey, treat me like one after I've spent over 200k in the last 10 years on Ford products and I'm going to treat you the same way when you f@#k up repeatedly. Edited for language

Edit 2: Their social media team has already gotten someone at Facebook to delete my posting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yes, I have Hi-Res pictures from 4 days before the vehicle went in for service. I have posted on their social media already, and Google, and Yelp. I called the dealership (now owner, previously General Manager) directly and left a voicemail with him twice now. Previous history is that my wife's 2013 Ford Escape was in their service department for 6 weeks, returned not fixed, went back for 4 more weeks, returned broken, and went back again for a week for a new transmission. During the first two visits, because we didn't buy from them, they refused to provide a loaner vehicle. The Service Advisor did not provide reasonable updates, and treated my wife like she was a dips@#t, probably because she was female. They also blew two alignments on my 2010 GT so bad that it wore out a set of front tires in 8000 miles as well. I'm sure I'm in their system as an asshole, but hey, treat me like one after I've spent over 200k in the last 10 years on Ford products and I'm going to treat you the same way when you f@#k up repeatedly. Edited for language

Edit 2: Their social media team has already gotten someone at Facebook to delete my posting.
Keep reposting on their Social Media as many times as it’s deleted. Then post that you will be contacting your local News Station’s Investigative Team to get resolution.

Have you received a Dealership a survey by email yet? If so fill it out all negatives... that gets back to Ford and the Dealership has to resolve the customer complaint.

OP
OP

PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Keep reposting on their Social Media as many times as it’s deleted. Then post that you will be contacting your local News Station’s Investigative Team to get resolution.
I was just getting ready to send one to the closest news station, which is 150 miles away in Phoenix. My city has no TV stations.

Yes, I filled the dealer survey out for the service as all 1 stars, and put stuff in every text box about the problems. I also asked to be contacted in the comments and provided contact information to be contacted via.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Got to love babbitt , did I just say that ? Your SOL with Ford . This is a dealership issue . Try going above the service department and to the GM . But if you didn't buy with them good luck .

OP
OP

PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Got to love babbitt , did I just say that ? Your SOL with Ford . This is a dealership issue . Try going above the service department and to the GM . But if you didn't buy with them good luck .
I did not buy it from them. I was leaving the name out on purpose, but hey, doesn't take rocket science to figure it out. I tried the owner/GM (formerly just GM). He did not return calls and the Service Manager confirmed the GM was also telling me to get bent. This dealership sucks. I'm driving to Sanderson from now on, cause they are awesome.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Pm sent bud

Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Yo can we get the name of the dealership? Id love to give them a ring about some of their vehicles and then say OH WAIT you're that trash dealer who dinged my buddies gt350 I'll just go somewhere else.

What can I say I'm a troll

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
You can file a claim yourself in small claims court. Get a written estimate from a reputable body shop and also a statement from them about the attempted repair.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP - I read your review on Google of the crappy service you received there. What I found interesting is that the "owner" responded to just about everyone else's reviews, but not yours. Another point is that of all the reviews of the dealership about almost (~95%) all the negative reviews are directed toward the service department. In addition, most of the negative reviews are from 2019. Obviously something has changed in the leadership of the service department. None of this helps you, so I apologize for that...just thought it was interesting.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Ef them
rage.png

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Social Media rules....

Just my 2 cents,if at all possible just have ding pro fix it.if you call around to any local car club.theyll know the best.the issue with painting whole door is twofold, they're allowed several shades of paint,and door color may not exactly match the rest of the car.second,overspray.if they don't completely cover up everything,odds are you'll get overspray in lots if places.good luck
Sponsored

Last edited: