Phantym

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase

so unfortunately my wife is a cat lover.....we have 2 felines. I knew it would be a slight problem after i bought the new pony (3 months old now) but damn i didnt think i was gonna have to wash it every other day to get the hair and dirt off. apparently my roof and trunk is their new favorite hideout/ orgy spot/ whatever the hell they are doing spending so much time on it. who has been successful and how are you keeping these little bastards off the car?

We dont have a garage, car is basically just parked in the yard. I dont really have a good place to put one of those little sound emitters and im damn sure not putting some kind of spikey mat on or next to my car in the middle of the yard. I've heard keyanne (sp?) pepper, orange, etc sprinkled around or on the car but i dont want to buy a bunch of shit to test out.

TLDR: what has worked for you to keep the damn cats from nesting on your car :explode::headbang::curse:

edit: its also my DD that gets used plenty so no car cover
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Funny seeing this, my neighbor's son does put a car cover on his dodge challenger that he parks on their drive to keep the neighbors cats off it.

The guy is the biggest douche in the world, that's probably why the cats like to mess up his car, even they can sense his douchiness.

TC

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I left mine! And bought a house with a garage.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Try the water thing or maybe hit the panic button and scare the shit out of them. I have the 5 layer, 10 year warranty Sealskin cover for mine, but mine stays under the carport and only driven weekends and an occasional evening. I call it her burka.
002.JPG

OP
OP
Phantym

Phantym

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
Spray them with the hose when their on the car!
lol i would but i dont wanna scare the little bastards while they are on the car, you know, scratches and stuff :frown:

Build a garage
eh, i live in a mobile home so only option is one of those fab'd metal covers....which i personally think looks like shit and not really a good place to put it at my place. plus they are like 2-4k which im not looking to spend just to fix the cats problem...... and i dont think that would deter them neway

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Get a dog? :)

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
but i do not wish to add more animal problems to my equation lol
Depending on where in east Texas you are, I could possibly lend you my cover so you can try it out. It's very easy to put on and remove. It cost under $200

Sponsored

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
You can't keep putting a cover on and off a car unless that car is perfectly clean. The dirt on the car and eventually into the cover will scratch up the clear coat.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Try sprinkling cat nip on your wife's car, our last and only cat loved that stuff!

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
My girl Jesse loves riding the pony and I have no problem with it at all.
20190216_084418.jpg
20190216_084514.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

so unfortunately my wife is a cat lover.....we have 2 felines. I knew it would be a slight problem after i bought the new pony (3 months old now) but damn i didnt think i was gonna have to wash it every other day to get the hair and dirt off. apparently my roof and trunk is their new favorite hideout/ orgy spot/ whatever the hell they are doing spending so much time on it. who has been successful and how are you keeping these little bastards off the car?

We dont have a garage, car is basically just parked in the yard. I dont really have a good place to put one of those little sound emitters and im damn sure not putting some kind of spikey mat on or next to my car in the middle of the yard. I've heard keyanne (sp?) pepper, orange, etc sprinkled around or on the car but i dont want to buy a bunch of shit to test out.

TLDR: what has worked for you to keep the damn cats from nesting on your car :explode::headbang::curse:

edit: its also my DD that gets used plenty so no car cover

Cats are bad but don't do near the damage a Rottweiler will do to the hood of a brand spanking new 1995 Silverado going after the neighbors cat that took refuge on the cab.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
You could always just divorce her and then she will take the cats with her.
Sponsored