Sponsored

Who here has seen the 2020 GT500 in person?

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
65909B15-3D2F-43C8-AA42-D00B4C7D2AF0.png
I would keep the white stripes but that’s just me.

I've got a base on order with the Rapid Red Metallic with white stripes over the top and sides, but been debating to change it to black stripes. Mine would be the vinyl stripes and not the painted. See below this is the best picture I could find with the black stripes. I need some convincing to change my order.

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
65909B15-3D2F-43C8-AA42-D00B4C7D2AF0.png
I would keep the white stripes but that’s just me.
That is my exact build including the base seats. Yea I’m still trying to figure it out if I want to change it. I feel like the white stands out more than the black but the black accommodates all the black accent pieces. I started out shadow black because I love black but felt like it wouldn’t stand out at all.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
That is my exact build including the base seats. Yea I’m still trying to figure it out if I want to change it. I feel like the white stands out more than the black but the black accommodates all the black accent pieces. I started out shadow black because I love black but felt like it wouldn’t stand out at all.
I wish I could see it in person I’ve yet to see one in person too.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I have the base rapid red with black OTT and side strips, tech, CF IP, handling, base seats on order. saw it at the Washington auto show and knew it was the one, the black strips go very well with the other black accents. I’m so happy that they did very little chrome I’m not a fan of chrome. If I could have got the EATON charger black powder coated I would have. IMO if went white stripes it would go amazing with performance blue. I actually like the spoiler better on base better, changing out wheels with the SV703 from signature wheels as they look a lot like the CF wheels on CFTP which I like better then base wheels.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I have the base rapid red with black OTT and side strips, tech, CF IP, handling, base seats on order. saw it at the Washington auto show and knew it was the one, the black strips go very well with the other black accents. I’m so happy that they did very little chrome I’m not a fan of chrome. If I could have got the EATON charger black powder coated I would have. IMO if went white stripes it would go amazing with performance blue. I actually like the spoiler better on base better, changing out wheels with the SV703 from signature wheels as they look a lot like the CF wheels on CFTP which I like better then base wheels.
I am glad your semi local as your build is very similar to my 2nd option and i cant wait to see how it looks. Hoping to run into you at carlisle, maple grove or pocono

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I am glad your semi local as your build is very similar to my 2nd option and i cant wait to see how it looks. Hoping to run into you at carlisle, maple grove or pocono
I will definitely be at Carlisle with team Shelby and make it to maple grove most years. Have not made Pocono but want to this year. Team Shelby also does a track day in Pittsburgh It’s an awesome time too. One of the reasons I’m getting the GT500 is to get back to a coupe to track it a little. My supercharged vert is not allowed on the track so it has bummed me out the last few years.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Is Team Shelby a local group? Or a nation wide thing Ford does?
Im hoping to get into a local group so I can expand my Shelby knowledge and see what you other guys are doing to your 500s.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Well it’s nation wide but I do things with the local chapter the president of local chapter is out of WV. I will go look and see what region PA falls in. Gary Patterson almost always comes to Carlisle and they do a whole weekend of activities. In 18 he had the test GT500 (a 350 made into a 500) at Summit raceway for a track day with us it was amazing to see a prototype. Most of my buddies in team Shelby all have super snakes so they are excited to see my GT500 too.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Is Team Shelby a local group? Or a nation wide thing Ford does?
Im hoping to get into a local group so I can expand my Shelby knowledge and see what you other guys are doing to your 500s.
You fall in Northeast Region. Pic of your region section on team Shelby forum. Forum for GT500 section is pretty slow and a lot of haters. Seems most of diehard Shelby guys are having issues with no manual....lol. They will come around
C2EECDED-0757-4500-A988-06F2D8474BA3.png

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your info. I’m not a fan of chrome either. I agree with you on the spoiler. So at the show did it also have the side stripes in black? Thanks

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I agree with you on the spoiler.
This gives me hope that someone out there with a CFTP will want to do a trunk swap. IMO the big wing ties the whole thing together.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Thanks for your info. I’m not a fan of chrome either. I agree with you on the spoiler. So at the show did it also have the side stripes in black? Thanks
No it did not have side strips, have seen very few with that and none in person. Not sure why but it seems to something that ford thinks not many will want I guess.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
No it did not have side strips, have seen very few with that and none in person. Not sure why but it seems to something that ford thinks not many will want I guess.
You can’t get side stripes if you get painted over the top stripes.

13GT500JA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500
I have seen three in person. I have seen the Iconic Silver, Ford Performance Blue, and Rapid Red Metallic. In my personal opinion, the Rapid Red Metallic looks so much better than the other two colors. The one I saw had white stripes which I prefer over black.

I wanted to like the blue color seeing as I own a 2013 Deep Impact Blue GT500, but I just wasn’t a fan.
Sponsored