OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
installed the full set of these over the weekend. they work great, and i love the look!

Photo Aug 05, 10 02 55 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 10 03 18 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 05, 10 03 29 AM.jpg
Caliper.jpg
Looks great with the blue car.
Sponsored

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I used my existing brake lines and they work fine. Also, you can buy the rear calipers or the kit, but it's significantly faster and cheaper to just get a G2 red paint kit and paint them yourself. It's such a small area to paint on the rear calipers that it's a very easy job. This was my first time painting calipers and it looks as good as the factory Bullitt ones.
Thanks I appreciate the confirmation on the brake lines. I wasn't going to buy the kit and just order separate parts to save the cost. Just noticed the brake line in the kit so wanted to verify. I knew the rears are the same as what is currently on the car only red. Will probably paint the existing ones.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I used my existing brake lines and they work fine. Also, you can buy the rear calipers or the kit, but it's significantly faster and cheaper to just get a G2 red paint kit and paint them yourself. It's such a small area to paint on the rear calipers that it's a very easy job. This was my first time painting calipers and it looks as good as the factory Bullitt ones.
What he said. I did use a small sanding wheel on the rear calipers to get them a little smoother. Very happy with the results.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
About ready to order all the items to do this upgrade. Decided not to do the stainless lines from the comments on here but now I have a question. I see in the kit for this kit that does include all four calipers it includes new front brake lines. From all the reading I have done on this I did not think the brake lines needed to be replaced but want to verify before I order parts. I know I need washers for the banjo bolts but not new lines.

For those who did not go to stainless lines did you change the brake hoses?

Thanks.
technically, The ends of both lines are the same, so the old ones will fit. However, because the placement is a little different, the lines for the Brembos are shorter. I think the OEM lines for the Brembos are pretty cheap, so you may want to consider those. If you use the ones from the 4piston calipers, be very careful how you manage the extra slack in the lines. Youā€™d have a really bad day if some moving part of the suspension snags on the line and yanks it during spirited driving.

Edit: OEM lines are about $25 each. For that price, I'd buy them just to eliminate the worry factor.

Last edited:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Iā€™d probably take a quick look at the placement of the lines before taking it for a drive. I didnā€™t change the lines when I did the swap on my non pp gt and I donā€™t rub anywhere. And thatā€™s with 10.5ā€ wide wheels

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
You do not need to replace the brake lines. I did the swap on a non PP GT also with 10" wheels and zero problems.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information. You are correct the price of the lines are fairly cheap so for the ease and peace of mind it is probably worth it.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Sorry another question. I have read thread after thread on this to determine part numbers between the various color combinations of the calipers and the part numbers in this thread for the red and white calipers. Had decided on the red ones but compared prices on the black ones as well. Upon seeing the price difference between the various combinations I convinced myself I have research overload and must have completely messed up in my research.

From what I have read this is the caliper part numbers:
KR3Z-2B121-A Left Caliper (Red with White Lettering)
KR3Z-2B120-A Right Caliper (Red with White Lettering)
FR3Z-2B121-E Left Caliper (Black with White Lettering)
FR3Z-2B120-E Right Caliper (Black with White Lettering)
JR3Z-2B121-A Left Caliper (Black with Red Lettering)
JR3Z-2B120-A Right Caliper (Black with Red Lettering)

On the Tasca site as a starting point on pricing the Red/White combo is around $213 per caliper, Black/White combo is $88 per caliper and the Black/Red combo is $150 per caliper.

If I am not mistaken they are the same caliper except in different colors. That is a staggering price difference. Am I missing something?

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry another question. I have read thread after thread on this to determine part numbers between the various color combinations of the calipers and the part numbers in this thread for the red and white calipers. Had decided on the red ones but compared prices on the black ones as well. Upon seeing the price difference between the various combinations I convinced myself I have research overload and must have completely messed up in my research.

On the Tasca site as a starting point on pricing the Red/White combo is around $213 per caliper, Black/White combo is $88 per caliper and the Black/Red combo is $150 per caliper.

If I am not mistaken they are the same caliper except in different colors. That is a staggering price difference. Am I missing something?
they know folks will prefer the red because they stand out, so they milk them.

Sponsored

Vincent518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

And dont forget about the $50 core charge you have to eat cause they wont take your stock if non pp car.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Im just assuming it also has to do with the fact that the red calipers were made for the Bullitt and everything that pertains to that edition is marked up.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

Tasca is showing $241 for the Black/White 50th anniversary calipers? It looks like all the other parts stores are around that price as well. The Performance Pack version is the cheapest, probably because they make so many of them.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Im just assuming it also has to do with the fact that the red calipers were made for the Bullitt and everything that pertains to that edition is marked up.[/QUOTE

This is the parts list from Tasca when selecting the 2019 F

This
upload_2019-8-7_15-21-32.png
Tasca is showing $241 for the Black/White 50th anniversary calipers? It looks like all the other parts stores are around that price as well. The Performance Pack version is the cheapest, probably because they make so many of them.[/QUOTE
I do stand corrected as the part numbers I have listed for the black/white combo for $88/each is FR3Z-25120-H and FR3Z-25121-H. The part numbers I had in my post end with the letter E and you are correct those are priced at 242/ea. I pulled up the front brake parts list for a 2019 Bullitt model on the Tasca site and missed the last letter was different from the part number listing I had assembled.

Sorry for the added confusion by missing that last letter difference.
Sponsored