OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I ended up buying all four calipers from the Bullitt a few weeks ago, finally had time to install them this weekend. Also installed a PowerStop pad and rotor kit and Steeda SS brake lines. I just ended up buying the rear Bullitt calipers and mounts also since I didn't want to mess with painting or taking them to get powder coated, just removed the old and installed the new. Just got back from a quick drive to seat the pads. Pedal seems a little mushy, need to bleed them again. I also ended up getting some SVE S350 wheels, got those all mounted up also.

Doug
IMG_0735.jpg
IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg
Looks great. I should have installed stainless lines when I put my calipers on.
Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Looks great. I should have installed stainless lines when I put my calipers on.
Thought about getting the SS lines too but talked myself out of it. Have to leave myself a project for next winter.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Just make sure you follow the break in directions to a T. It makes a difference.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought about getting the SS lines too but talked myself out of it. Have to leave myself a project for next winter.
I was undecided on the brake lines, but in the end I decided for the price I probably wouldn't notice much difference on the street. If I tracked the car I would have went with them.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I was undecided on the brake lines, but in the end I decided for the price I probably wouldn't notice much difference on the street. If I tracked the car I would have went with them.
I didn't notice any difference with the SS lines from what driving I have done on the street. I already had 6 piston Brembos, just switched them out for red. I have been racing atv's for close to 15 years, and have seen big improvements in lever/pedal feel switching stock rubber brake lines of SS lines. Figured I was breaking down the system, might as well replace them now instead of having to do it again sometime in the future. If I had it to do over again, I probably would have saved the money and just kept the stockers. Oh well.

Doug

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't notice any difference with the SS lines from what driving I have done on the street. I already had 6 piston Brembos, just switched them out for red. I have been racing atv's for close to 15 years, and have seen big improvements in lever/pedal feel switching stock rubber brake lines of SS lines. Figured I was breaking down the system, might as well replace them now instead of having to do it again sometime in the future. If I had it to do over again, I probably would have saved the money and just kept the stockers. Oh well.

Doug
At least you can confirm there is no big difference on the street, otherwise I would have really regretted not installing them when I did the calipers. If I wasn't trying to save some money to purchase an extended warranty before mine runs out I most likely would have went with the stainless lines, but even without the stainless lines the improvement by going from the stock 4 pistons to 6 piston brakes is impressive, even more so than I would have expected on the street. I think my next brake upgrade will be 2 piece rotors when the factory ones need replaced.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I would not expect much difference in street driving where braking efforts are generally quite low. And if you're running pads with strong bite/high-mu, maybe not much on the track either (I didn't on my '08 after upgrading the lines). Basically, the less line pressure you're actually using, the less important upgrading these lines seems to be.

Norm

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm liking these brakes more and more. One of my favorite upgrades to the car.
mustangshoot23.jpg

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
$540 shipped? Dang, now that's a good value. I was looking at my local dealer's parts site and the 6 pot PP Brembos were like $260 each, which isn't bad. These Brembos look like a much better deal though. If I ever upgrade my calipers, I'll definitely track this post down, much better than the $1500 Ford Performance 6 pot PP brake upgrade kit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$540 shipped? Dang, now that's a good value. I was looking at my local dealer's parts site and the 6 pot PP Brembos were like $260 each, which isn't bad. These Brembos look like a much better deal though. If I ever upgrade my calipers, I'll definitely track this post down, much better than the $1500 Ford Performance 6 pot PP brake upgrade kit.
Yeah. I was surprised at the price too. You still have to buy the rotors, pads, hardware, and dust shields but you can get all those for about $400 or so depending on which route you go. They do sell the rear Bullitt calipers, which are the same as stock but painted red, but I spent about $50 on a G2 caliper painting kit and they turned out as good as the Bullitt ones for a fraction of the price. The rear calipers are so small it makes them really simple and quick to paint. Overall it's a relatively inexpensive upgrade considering how much it improves appearance and braking. Eventually I might upgrade to a 2 piece rotor, but right now I can't justify spending $1000 or so on front rotors when I just use the car for street driving.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
About ready to order all the items to do this upgrade. Decided not to do the stainless lines from the comments on here but now I have a question. I see in the kit for this kit that does include all four calipers it includes new front brake lines. From all the reading I have done on this I did not think the brake lines needed to be replaced but want to verify before I order parts. I know I need washers for the banjo bolts but not new lines.

For those who did not go to stainless lines did you change the brake hoses?

Thanks.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About ready to order all the items to do this upgrade. Decided not to do the stainless lines from the comments on here but now I have a question. I see in the kit for this kit that does include all four calipers it includes new front brake lines. From all the reading I have done on this I did not think the brake lines needed to be replaced but want to verify before I order parts. I know I need washers for the banjo bolts but not new lines.

For those who did not go to stainless lines did you change the brake hoses?

Thanks.
I used my existing brake lines and they work fine. Also, you can buy the rear calipers or the kit, but it's significantly faster and cheaper to just get a G2 red paint kit and paint them yourself. It's such a small area to paint on the rear calipers that it's a very easy job. This was my first time painting calipers and it looks as good as the factory Bullitt ones.
Sponsored