2015 GT Custom Twin Turbo Kit Under 4k

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bought the car back in April this year off of eBay (scary I know) and have just been cruising around enjoying it. The plan was to go twin turbo from the start so I have slowly been gathering everything I needed. Well as of this past weekend I officially have everything and began the work today. I looked into the hellion kit and trust me, its a great kit but I felt for the price its just not worth it. I could build a very similar kit for literally half the cost if not even less, especially since I know what I'm doing. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is tuning because I had no idea how much you could tune on this car up until about a week ago. I do have access to a dyno and some great EFI knowledge so I'm sure i'll be able to figure it out. With that being said lets get into this.

The car is a 2015 GT Auto in Magnetic Metallic. I actually took it to the track already and managed a best of 13.3 @ 110. I was happy with it considering it spins terrible with this wheel setup its really not meant for racing, lol.

full.jpg

As of right now the only mods are lowered on Tein springs and a Mach V thunder exhaust. As far as the fuel system I went with a DW 415 lph fuel pump and DW #78 injectors. Surprisingly to me once I entered all the injector data into HP tuners the car ran flawless, literally no change from stock. I expected the fuel map to be way off but its almost spot on with very little modifications. My goal as of right just is just about 8 psi hoping to make close to 650 HP. Maybe next year I will go bigger and for more power not really sure but this is my first goal.

As far as the turbo system I am running Dual Precision 40mm waste gates, Dual precision 6266 Turbos and a 50MM precision BOV, I will be running duel 2.5 in aluminium tubing to the intercooler then 3 inch into the throttle body. I'm going to have everything powder coated black once I get it welded up because I am a big fan of the sleeper look.

full.jpg

full.jpg

So far I haven't got much done but was able to squeeze in a little work today. I pulled both manifolds off the car for mock up. I am using a stock 11-14 GT driver side manifold and the stock 15 driver size manifold. I decided to cut off the flanges and weld a V-Band for multiple reasons. One they are way easier to work with than a 2 bolt flange and there is no fear of losing a gasket. From there I have an adapter which is where my turbos will hang from (all pictured below)

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

That's as far as I have gotten so far hopefully tomorrow I will have these all welded up and the turbos mounted. The goal is to have this thing running by Monday of next week but that can all change depending on how much free time I actually have. I will try to keep you guys updated as I go, stay tuned!

Also follow me on ig for more up to date pics and videos etc @imrex613 (shameless plug, lol)
Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Following.
I bought my 15 Procharged GT off Ebay, flawless car and flawless transaction. :)

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Following as well, looks sure to be interesting. I'm sure you know but be careful with that dw pump. I recently installed it and the fuel line from the pump keeps popping off, and after a little asking around it's a pretty common problem. Make sure you have 2 clamps on each side if you can fit it. I'm personally just going to go back to stock pump with bap.

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Following.
I bought my 15 Procharged GT off Ebay, flawless car and flawless transaction. :)
Me too it was great the car came literally flawless the previous owner really took care of it well. It was nerve racking sending the check thinking what if they run but it all worked out perfect.

Following as well, looks sure to be interesting. I'm sure you know but be careful with that dw pump. I recently installed it and the fuel line from the pump keeps popping off, and after a little asking around it's a pretty common problem. Make sure you have 2 clamps on each side if you can fit it. I'm personally just going to go back to stock pump with bap.
Good to know, was this happening under high RPM? Just curious if you lost fuel under boost or if it happened low rpm so no harm done.

Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Good to know, was this happening under high RPM? Just curious if you lost fuel under boost or if it happened low rpm so no harm done.
so far it's only happened when sitting overnight and the I guess it is popping off when I prime the pump before I turn it on. I'm about to go look again after I eat and I'll send a pic of what is happening.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Love me a low budget build!

Good luck OP. Looks fun

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Looking good so far. Let me know when you get done if you want to hit the track together. I have a 2015 with hellion sleeper kit. I do a few private track events a year if I can keep the car together. I also have a buddy that is pretty good tuning turbo coyotes on HPT.

Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Good luck! Local guy finished up his 7675 custom single kit recently and custom kits are always super special.

Top car (if it wasn’t obvious lol)

D3B97F98-0905-4A5A-8857-7905BAE77E76.jpeg

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got a little time today to tinker with the car. Both vbands got welded onto the factory manifolds. There were some massive gaps to fill (as you can see from my previous pics) but I think it came out ok. I also apologize for poor picture quality I will try to do better next time, lol.

Edit: I thought I had the picture of the gaps but I didn't so here it is
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

After that it was onto the wastegate flanges. Unfortunately, I cant measure right and the driver side is going to have to be angled slightly it just BARELY doesn't fit. I considered just beating the floor well in but its so easy to do it the right way so I will do that sometime at a later date.

full.jpg

I then assembled everything on the work bench and laid the turbos next to the manifolds just to see how it would look before I put it all back in the car.

full.jpg

full.jpg

After that I installed both manifolds, hopefully for good because I don't want to pull them again. I reused the stock gaskets and just put some silicone around the holes which should do the trick. I then hung both manifolds and this is when I realized the driver side wastegate needs to move since it doesn't fit. Again, no big deal I can just put a slight bend in that piece and since I went with vbands it all comes apart very easy.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

That's how its currently sitting now. Unfortunately I wont be able to touch the car until Monday at the earliest as something came up but next order will be the exhaust.... and moving that wastegate flange. I'll keep you guy posted.

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Love me a low budget build!

Good luck OP. Looks fun
You helped inspire me haha, thanks for answering any questions I've had also.

Looking good so far. Let me know when you get done if you want to hit the track together. I have a 2015 with hellion sleeper kit. I do a few private track events a year if I can keep the car together. I also have a buddy that is pretty good tuning turbo coyotes on HPT.
This is good to know I'd love to hit the track ill send you a PM.

Good luck! Local guy finished up his 7675 custom single kit recently and custom kits are always super special.

Top car (if it wasn’t obvious lol)

D3B97F98-0905-4A5A-8857-7905BAE77E76.jpeg
That's a very interesting setup, I thought about going single but I didn't want to create a lag monster when cruising around the streets.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Looks like it is comin along great. Are the turbos pointing as far down as it looks or is just the angle of the camera? Did you look into using the kooks shorty headers like the aldo weld kit? Not much more money but I guess you could alter it later if needed. I don't think you need anything on the exhaust gaskets to help with sealing. I also reused mine multiple times. You can also buy them from ford for about 30 bucks.

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks like it is comin along great. Are the turbos pointing as far down as it looks or is just the angle of the camera? Did you look into using the kooks shorty headers like the aldo weld kit? Not much more money but I guess you could alter it later if needed. I don't think you need anything on the exhaust gaskets to help with sealing. I also reused mine multiple times. You can also buy them from ford for about 30 bucks.
The pictures make them seem lower than they really are. Both sit above the frame rails and they are angled down more so then a hellion kit because I have them mounted higher than their inside the body. I'll try to get some better pics next week to show the position
Sponsored