2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

Emensty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I talked to my Dealer today and was told the same they assured me they are in the Shelby program. I'm kinda like a few others in a state of disbelief. Just want to be able to order my car.

dsroka80503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible
I talked to my Dealer today and was told the same they assured me they are in the Shelby program. I'm kinda like a few others in a state of disbelief. Just want to be able to order my car.
If they haven't gotten their allocation already it probably means they either 1. Aren't a Shelby dealer or 2. They got it and gave it to someone else and are hoping they get another to give to you. We got ours months ago, had to pay a deposit to hold it until the order banks opened.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
If they haven't gotten their allocation already it probably means they either 1. Aren't a Shelby dealer or 2. They got it and gave it to someone else and are hoping they get another to give to you. We got ours months ago, had to pay a deposit to hold it until the order banks opened.
Everybody keeps saying this but I find it hard to believe, and have talked to MANY dealers including mine and they insist they have not received their allocation, but enrolled and are still waiting. And outside of my guy they have no idea if i am willing to pay $30K over MSRP or MSRP, so i am not sure what lying to me would benefit them, i could be their golden wallet for all they know. BUT I am confused at why so many dealers say they will get an allocation but don't actually 'have' one yet.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If the dealers did not sign up and pay for the allocations, The only way they will get one now is from another dealer.

2020 GT350 and GT500 Program Enrollment.jpg

2020 GT500-GT350 Allocations.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nowhere in all that does it say how and when allocations are handed out.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Everybody keeps saying this but I find it hard to believe, and have talked to MANY dealers including mine and they insist they have not received their allocation, but enrolled and are still waiting. And outside of my guy they have no idea if i am willing to pay $30K over MSRP or MSRP, so i am not sure what lying to me would benefit them, i could be their golden wallet for all they know. BUT I am confused at why so many dealers say they will get an allocation but don't actually 'have' one yet.
They have the allocation, but not the build date. I think that maybe it is a play on words, but an allocation and an actual car with a build date can sometimes be a year or more apart.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you! But I also assure you I SPECIFICALLY ask them about allocation, not order, not build, not anything. Do you have an allocation right NOW! There answer is NO, we don't have it yet but should have it in X days/weeks/months. This isn't from 1 dealer but many dealers. All have gt350s on their lot, all said they signed up, all said still waiting on allocation.....SO back to :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

dsroka80503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible
I hear you! But I also assure you I SPECIFICALLY ask them about allocation, not order, not build, not anything. Do you have an allocation right NOW! There answer is NO, we don't have it yet but should have it in X days/weeks/months. This isn't from 1 dealer but many dealers. All have gt350s on their lot, all said they signed up, all said still waiting on allocation.....SO back to :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Are those GT350s 2019s or 2020? If they are 2020, they have gotten the allocation, they may just not know. They were provided together. The other Ford document I saw was that each dealer gets one of each. Somewhere around 2438 dealers or so. The sheet had the total volumes for both cars (allegedly) and the % that are going to be 350R (30%) and Carbon Track Pack and Painted Stripes (25%). I would ask them to just try and put the order in. I sat with the dealer yesterday and watched him input the car.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT350s are indeed 19s but my point was that they have played this allocation game before and presumably know how it works ....since they have SVT vehicles on there lot. I haven't asked them to input the order since the very very beginning and was told it would not go through because they didn't have their allocation yet. I can ask but i already know the answer......

At this point i feel i have a better chance of ordering my GT500 through the Hyundai dealer....:crying:

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I was just notified by my dealer that while I have their allocation for their 1 GT500, they still don’t know about the “golden ticket” (god I hate that term).

This was the regional managers quote:

“The carbon fiber track package and over the top painted racing stripes are on commodity constraint. Per PHQ, retail sales for 17MY & 18MY Shelby go a long way in determining how these are going to be distributed. Each cycle is different. We’re about to open the next wholesale production. By week’s end, I should know who in our zone got what.”

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
The dealer has to enroll in the GT350/GT500 program and pay $2000. This allows the dealer to buy 1 GT350 and 1 GT500. The enrollment period ended on May 31, 2019.
So the dealer has the allocations after he enrolls in the program and pays the $2000. The dealer can order as many GT350 and GT500's as he wants, many do, and he doesn't need any allocation.
When a dealer orders a car, the order is put in the order bank, even it does not have an allocation, sometime later, the factory looks through the order bank determines which cars are going to be scheduled for production. If the car they are looking at is allocated it gets scheduled, if it is not it is bypassed and another car with an allocation takes it's place.
If your dealer orders 10 GT500's and only has 1 allocation, you better be sure your car is the one with the allocation.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer has to enroll in the GT350/GT500 program and pay $2000. This allows the dealer to buy 1 GT350 and 1 GT500. The enrollment period ended on May 31, 2019.
So the dealer has the allocations after he enrolls in the program and pays the $2000. The dealer can order as many GT350 and GT500's as he wants, many do, and he doesn't need any allocation.
When a dealer orders a car, the order is put in the order bank, even it does not have an allocation, sometime later, the factory looks through the order bank determines which cars are going to be scheduled for production. If the car they are looking at is allocated it gets scheduled, if it is not it is bypassed and another car with an allocation takes it's place.
If your dealer orders 10 GT500's and only has 1 allocation, you better be sure your car is the one with the allocation.
IS THIS TRUE? Makes perfect sense to me, but that doesn't mean anything....

I sent this to my guy and asked him to order....interested to see what he says

And what tells me the order is allocated or real verses an order put in. All these guys showing there orders? Could all those be NOT allocated? How/when do you know its 'Real'??

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
IS THIS TRUE? Makes perfect sense to me, but that doesn't mean anything....

I sent this to my guy and asked him to order....interested to see what he says

And what tells me the order is allocated or real verses an order put in. All these guys showing there orders? Could all those be NOT allocated? How/when do you know its 'Real'??
Your car has been allocated when you look at your Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR) and you see this, "In Order Processing Unscheduled-Clean". Your dealer can get you a copy of the VVR or you can contact Ford Racing (800-367-3788) with your order number and dealer code from your Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC).

. UNSCHEDULED CLEAN
· The manufacturing plant has uploaded the order information from the dealer into their database.
· Dealership will provide owner with VIN once vehicle is serialized.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR)

1. UNSCHEDULED MATERIAL HOLD

· The vehicle order has been uploaded into the system by the dealer.

2. UNSCHEDULED CLEAN

· The manufacturing plant has uploaded the order information from the dealer into their database.

· Dealership will provide owner with VIN once vehicle is serialized. (Raptors taking longer).

3. SCHEDULED TO WEEK OF ___________

· Once vehicle is serialized with VIN, manufacturing plant will schedule build week.

4. SCHEDULED TO DAY ___________

· That’s the day the vehicle is scheduled to be complete and roll off the assembly line.

5. PRODUCED.

· Vehicle is produced and awaiting quality checks and/or repairs.

6. RELEASED AWAITING SHIPMENT

· Vehicle has passed the quality check and is waiting for a railcar or trucking company to pick it up.

· Typically logistics require multiple vehicles going to an area and ensure the railcar and or truck trailer is completely full before transit.

7. SHIPPED WITH A CARRIER LISTED

· Vehicle is in transit

· Estimated Time of Arrival to dealer can be given to customer at this point.

· Periodic intermediate check-in points may be listed in the Vehicle Tracking system as the vehicle moves

8. DELIVERED

· They Vehicle Tracking System will provide a date and final destination.

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Your car has been allocated when you look at your Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR) and you see this, "In Order Processing Unscheduled-Clean". Your dealer can get you a copy of the VVR or you can contact Ford Racing (800-367-3788) with your order number and dealer code from your Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC).

. UNSCHEDULED CLEAN
· Dealership will provide owner with VIN once vehicle is serialized.
This.
It was about 2 weeks from DORA to my dealer showing me unscheduled-clean, and then maybe 3 days until I got my VIN