Sponsored

Will there be 4 different settings on the exhaust???

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I just sold my 2019 Redeye Hellcat and it had 4 different settings on the exhaust. I wonder if the Shelby will have the same features??? If memory serves me right I think they were: Track, Sport, Street, and Custom. Also does anyone plan on enhancing the exhaust system???
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I just sold my 2019 Redeye Hellcat and it had 4 different settings on the exhaust. I wonder if the Shelby will have the same features??? If memory serves me right I think they were: Track, Sport, Street, and Custom. Also does anyone plan on enhancing the exhaust system???
The stock exhaust will come with bullet style resonators so there is always room to improve the flow of the exhaust (Anything you do will make it more raspy). In my opinion I think the 4 modes is unnecessary if you have a valved exhaust you either want it open or closed so 2 settings but consumers love more. But yes there is Quiet Normal Sport Track.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Are the other settings in between Quiet and Track (Loud/fully open) just partially opened flaps?

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I was hoping ( I think) that someone out there might be putting on a louder exhaust system. Borla, Corsa, ???

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I’m pretty sure it’s the same as the GT350. Full open/closed.

You sold the redeye for a GT500?

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I’m pretty sure it’s the same as the GT350. Full open/closed.

You sold the redeye for a GT500?
Sure did my friend. This will be my first ever Shelby and Iam getting pumped. I sold the 2019 Redeye Hellcat (797 HP Version) with 358 miles on the car. Iam going to blame that damn YouTube as if I had not seen the video I wouldn't even know anything about this car. LOL. Yes, I would have known about it. You're only down here for a very short period of time, why not enjoy life!!!!!

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Sure did my friend. This will be my first ever Shelby and Iam getting pumped. I sold the 2019 Redeye Hellcat (797 HP Version) with 358 miles on the car. Iam going to blame that damn YouTube as if I had not seen the video I wouldn't even know anything about this car. LOL. Yes, I would have known about it. You're only down here for a very short period of time, why not enjoy life!!!!!
Damn, I would have stuck with the redeye for a bit. They make so much power with not much investment.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Looking forward to your comparisons between the Redeye Hellcat and the 2020 GT500, maybe make a video and post it on YouTube :)

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Looking forward to your comparisons between the Redeye Hellcat and the 2020 GT500, maybe make a video and post it on YouTube :)
I would pay $100 to the charity of Chucks choice to see 67 YEAR OLD Chuck post a YouTube review.

Chuck is my hero though and asks all the questions I’m too timid to ask.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I would pay $100 to the charity of Chucks choice to see 67 YEAR OLD Chuck post a YouTube review.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Im 36 and would struggle making a YouTube video. But i also agree that i enjoy reading chucks posts, hope to see him at a Ford event.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Did you have 4 different settings or just 4 different driving modes? My gt350 has 5 different drive modes but only changes exhaust from quiet to loud. So only 2 different exhaust modes.
All of witch you can independently pick exhaust mode to witch drive modes, and also same with suspension modes. Example, you can put it in track mode turn exhaust to quiet and soften suspension. But keep steering in track. Oh yes you can change steering feel also.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I only had the Redeye for 4 or so months and only put on the car 358 miles before I sold it. Hence, the car was not even "broke in". The dealer told me the first 500 miles to keep it under 70mph which I did. Iam probably not a good one to ask for a comparison. The only thing I will tell you is this FACT: The REDEYE HELLCAT WIDEBODY was NOT designed for cornering. I can tell you that from "First Hand Experience". I hope and pray that our new 2020 Shelby does a much better job. Thats one reason among several as to why I did order the Handling Package plus the fact that I just Love the Rear Gurney.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

THANK YOU very much Timmer; Iam age 68 and just so you guys know I have Loved Muscle Cars since I was about 15 years old. I've had a ton of muscle cars over the last 48 years. Some great, some good, and some real pieces of -----. I suppose many of you can probably say the same thing. Iam technology challenged but I will do this, when my Shelby comes in and the weather is decent I will have my daughter (age 30) come over who is extremely good with technolgy and I will have her take some really great photos and put them on this site. Thats the least an old man like me could do!!!!!! Thank You again, for the very kind words. Just for the record, the Redeye (797 HP) is "definitely" a "straight line race car". But its not worth a ----- on cornering. Yes, I know that for a "Fact". In other words, yes I put it thru a couple of tests and it failed miserably. Hope the new owner is not reading this post. LOL
Sponsored