Sponsored

A tale of damages | malpractice at Wade Ford, GA

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So exactly how did Wade Ford explain the “accident” to you?

Did you request an accident report from them?

After all whether it happened on their lot OR off of their lot during a Tech test drive - they MUST have documentation of the event.

Was a Police report filed by them?

You might want to consider calling the Ford 800# and demanding that you get an exact vehicle replacement.

That’s BS and as others have stated, you now have a S550 with under 1k miles with accident damages (which could show on any future CarFax or likewise VIN reporting service). You paid for a new car, not a wrecked one at someone else’s negligence.

I’d tell them you want a replacement.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
The only explanation that they voluntarily offered was in the voicemail message, along the lines of "... bad news, someone hit your bumper". Vague as that. It was until I got there in person that I managed to get from them (their words) that the car was parked in the lot and an employee backed up into it.

They denied the accident happening outside the lot nor when the car was being driven.

It is very possible that it occurred as they described.

Suspicious approach on their end from the start though... add that the PP2 lip is missing.

Last edited:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
If, like they say, an employee backed into it, was the other vehicle involved another customers or their own? If it was their own personal vehicle, that damage would be covered by their (employee) own personal insurance policy. If it was another customers car, then of course the dealerships insurance should pay. I would ask them for the name and policy number of their dealership insurance, because that is who your insurance company will have to go toe to toe with to be compensated.

Its sounds to me like someone (the dealership) is trying to cover someone else's ass. I would probably also contact the local police of the shady dealer and ask for the accident report, perhaps show them pictures and file a hit and run complaint if you don't get answers from that dealer.

Georgia Accident Reporting Laws
Under Georgia law, you're required to file a police report in accident where the following occurs: Any property damage greater than $500. Any death or bodily injury.

Somewhere along the way, someone or many know what happened and you aren't being told the truth ... I find it really hard to believe the PP2 front spoiler would be damaged by someone backing into the fender above the wheel. I'm guessing they took it off for the fender repairs and put it somewhere out of the way.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Was the drivers airbag deployed ?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
If, like they say, an employee backed into it, was the other vehicle involved another customers or their own? If it was their own personal vehicle, that damage would be covered by their (employee) own personal insurance policy. If it was another customers car, then of course the dealerships insurance should pay. I would ask them for the name and policy number of their dealership insurance, because that is who your insurance company will have to go toe to toe with to be compensated.

Its sounds to me like someone (the dealership) is trying to cover someone else's ass. I would probably also contact the local police of the shady dealer and ask for the accident report, perhaps show them pictures and file a hit and run complaint if you don't get answers from that dealer.

Georgia Accident Reporting Laws
Under Georgia law, you're required to file a police report in accident where the following occurs: Any property damage greater than $500. Any death or bodily injury.

Somewhere along the way, someone or many know what happened and you aren't being told the truth ... I find it really hard to believe the PP2 front spoiler would be damaged by someone backing into the fender above the wheel. I'm guessing they took it off for the fender repairs and put it somewhere out of the way.
Here's info on police reports in Georgia on accidents on private property
https://ghailawfirm.com/video/accidents-on-private-property-in-georgia/

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Some how I’m thinking some dip shit tech took it for a TEST drive and wrecked it. I would ask Smyrna PD to see if they could pull up a crash report with the dealers name and your VIN.

Edited, if they even reported it. If it even matters or would help.

Last edited:

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Thats pretty frustrating for sure but i will eliminate for you any thought of them owing to replace the car. Your state no doubt has clear total loss laws and this will not be anything close to reaching that level, that said, you absolutely have a case for deminished value. As the accident supposedly occurred on private property, they would not legally be required to claim a police report but you can be sure the details are out there as the particulars would be provided to their insurance company. The fact that they began repairs outside the scope of the approved work order could also be a point of legal contention and should only help you on a deminished value conversation. You will be able to claim that having not seen the true extent of the damage that only the higher of the cost of repairs should be used in determining deminished value. Your own insurance company can assist in some ways but may have little to do with work already started, i would suggest calling to see if they could atleast advocate on your behalf for the deminished value. Good luck!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well it’s obvious there is front end damage...

So ask them to produce the images of the vehicle that supposedly hit yours.

Here’s where I am going with that...

If they are saying another vehicle hit yours, whether it’s one of their employees in one of THEIR Dealership owned vehicles, the employees’s own personal vehicle OR a Customer did it -

That Dealership HAS to have paperwork to document the damage claim, because obviously they or their Insurance company is going to have to put out cash to fix your car. They have to have paperwork, period.

Someone is hiding something, the story isn’t adding up.

F’em - tell them you want a brand new damage free car and that you’re going to involve Ford Corporate.

I mean seriously think about it - did you plunk down your hard earned money on a brand new car or one that will now have damage history?

Tell them you’re going to send your story and images of damage to your local News Station’s Investigative Team - another member on here did when his S550 was wildly test driven and the entire news story went completely public shaming that Dealership nationally. He got results.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Well it’s obvious there is front end damage...

So ask them to produce the images of the vehicle that supposedly hit yours.

Here’s where I am going with that...

If they are saying another vehicle hit yours, whether it’s one of their employees in one of THEIR Dealership owned vehicles, the employees’s own personal vehicle OR a Customer did it -

That Dealership HAS to have paperwork to document the damage claim, because obviously they or their Insurance company is going to have to put out cash to fix your car. They have to have paperwork, period.

Someone is hiding something, the story isn’t adding up.

F’em - tell them you want a brand new damage free car and that you’re going to involve Ford Corporate.

I mean seriously think about it - did you plunk down your hard earned money on a brand new car or one that will now have damage history?

Tell them you’re going to send your story and images of damage to your local News Station’s Investigative Team - another member on here did when his S550 was wildly test driven and the entire news story went completely public shaming that Dealership nationally. He got results.

There was also another member who’s car got hit a while back and that dealer just gave him a new car but I believe he had bought the car at that dealer. I would talk to the manager/owner and tell them you want a new replacement car at whatever price you bought yours or for however much you owe now. They might agree if they’re a big volume dealer and it doesn’t hurt their profits if not then talk to a lawyer and discuss your options, but definetly talk to the dealer first since they’ll stop talking to you once you get a lawyer involved.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I'm a LEO. I work accidents all the time, and the occasional private property accident. Just based on the evidence I see in the pictures, I'm positive that accident happened when the car was in motion. Wether it was on the street or in a parking lot, there is a lot more too that story. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I'm a LEO. I work accidents all the time, and the occasional private property accident. Just based on the evidence I see in the pictures, I'm positive that accident happened when the car was in motion. Wether it was on the street or in a parking lot, there is a lot more too that story. Just my 2 cents.

Georgia Accident Law, you are required to report any accident, or accident with injuries that exceed the amount of$500.00 in damages. Reagardless of where the accident occurred. You should always get a report from Law Enforcement on a private property accident, if there are injuries or property damage. All for insurance purposes and to CYA. This includes the dealership, which they should have done. But like I said above, that is really suspect, and more to the story.
Great advice.btw thanks for your service

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I am surprised you haven't put this on their social media pages yet, that usually makes companies start bending over.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Working for a dealer , 30 plus years at the same dealer 3rd owner , there should be some policy's in place . If that was to happen where I work the first is a ua is done . I know our policy is that , also the dealer is going to keep it in house . The reason is the deductible for the shop insurance is probably really high . Ours is 5k . Our policy is also the tech that did the damage , f*up is reasonable f I r half the repair bill . Your right that the car should be fixed and maybe compensated for your time and being out the lose of your ride . Sh*t happens give the dealer a chance to make it right . Not everyone that works on these cars are dumb sh*ts . Yes I work for a Ford dealer , but I also take pride in what I do , not all dealers are the same . Please stop making us out to be thieves . I have been doing this a long time , and getting real tired of people slamming the profession I chose . Rant over !
Sponsored