Sponsored

Should I put stripes on my ‘18 Kona Blue GT?

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, Magnetic Gray
Hey guys, I’ve had my ‘18 GT pp1, with 15k miles, for about 6 weeks and love it so far! I’m starting to think about doing some mods and stuff, and I’ve always liked the racing stripes. Since Kona is pretty dark, my color choices are limited. I’d love to do matte black, but I think it would get lost in the blue. So I’m thinking white with a thin red pinstripe would look cool. I saw that combo on a gt350 and it looked great - red, white, and blue for an American muscle car, lol. I’d do the thinner stripes like on the gt350, I think they’re 7 inches. Anyway, just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. And I’ll buy lunch for anyone who can do a good photoshop job on my pics to give me an idea of what it would look like!

F90F9F88-4FF8-4801-A101-005744FCA1DD.jpeg
9B039004-D29C-4857-9E81-8F003B9B3A40.jpeg
C820130D-9A44-494D-AD65-BB75B1A367E0.jpeg
Sponsored

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
I have the Deep Impact Blue which is very close to Kona Blue. I did double 6" gloss black with a red pinstripe on each side. Very conservative but still noticeable.

2nd choice was med. gray with the red pin stripes. 3rd. choice was silver stripes with red pinstripe."Big Worm Graphics" has lots of options. Check them out.
IMG_1052 (3).JPG

Last edited:

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
If yiu like the look of stripes, go for it. What you like is most important.

On blue cars ive always like white stripes. The blue / white looks so good together.

SDStang06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT
If you care about resale value, I think no stripes is the way to go. Limit amount of interested buyers by doing stripes.

Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
"Should I put stripes on..." yes.
The answer is always yes.
White with red pinstripes would look awesome. Black with red is also great. If you want to be BOLD I have seen light metallic blue stripes on a similar color with amazing results. Check out Big Worm Graphix for pics and ideas.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you care about resale value, I think no stripes is the way to go. Limit amount of interested buyers by doing stripes.
If the stripes are vinyl, they can be removed. But, depending on how old and/or how well you have protected the car, the paint will be better under the stripes when removed.You may be able to tell if stripes were on the car if the paint has not been taken care of. Probably not much of an issue with removal if you have a quality car cover or garage for paint protection.
034.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that you need an exterior opinion might indicate a weak desire for the mod, so the answer is "No, no stripes."

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No stripes. Do the chrome trim around the side windows. It looks amazing with the blue color.

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The fact that you need an exterior opinion might indicate a weak desire for the mod, so the answer is "No, no stripes."
Frank, I see what you’re saying but in this case it’s because I like cars both with and without stripes. I think the Kona without stripes look really clean, but with stripes it looks more sporty, IMHO. I’m indecisive in general so I just wanted to get some opinions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have the Deep Impact Blue which is very close to Kona Blue. I did double 6" gloss black with a red pinstripe on each side. Very conservative but still noticeable.

2nd choice was med. gray with the red pin stripes. 3rd. choice was silver stripes with red pinstripe."Big Worm Graphics" has lots of options. Check them out.
IMG_1052 (3).JPG
Ezracer, I was considering silver with red pinstripes too! I was thinking it might be too “old man” of a combo, lol. Although at 45 I’m no young man!

I think your blue/black/red combo looks awesome!!

OP
OP
tps7c

tps7c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
No stripes. Do the chrome trim around the side windows. It looks amazing with the blue color.
That’s an interesting thought - hadn’t considered that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That’s an interesting thought - hadn’t considered that.
There's sporty looks, and then there's the Aston Martin look.

Deleted member 35775

i've been debating the same "stripe" considerations. will likely go with a subtle dark-silver rocker panel stripe similar to one of the options below.
rocker panel stripes.jpg

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ezracer, I was considering silver with red pinstripes too! I was thinking it might be too “old man” of a combo, lol. Although at 45 I’m no young man!

I think your blue/black/red combo looks awesome!!

You must have "Extra Sensory Perception" (ESP) . I'm actually 74 years old going on 20 so yes I wanted something more conservative. HOWEVER this thread is making me think I may remove the gloss black and apply silver ( red pinstripes ). I think with a few more mods I can hit 18 ( years old that is )
:handsinair:

Actually, I got my idea of blue/black/red from a Mustang GT350 I saw at a "Mustang" only car show.
Suh-weet!
Sponsored