Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The C8 (on same tires as a GT350) is going to destroy a GT350.

Its lighter. Its nearly same HP. itll likely make more tq. Its got a DCT too.

The biggest scam in recent memory from GM was the Z28 that car was a parts bin whore they wanted 75k for. Onky thing remotely kind of warranting the Z28 at all was the DSSV suspension.
You'll need more than tires. The Z51 package is going to be a complete performance step up with brakes, suspension, wheels, and etc. I don't think that will be a cheap step up. Then we can talk. I might inclined to agree that it might take both but at $70k on the track. Not sure about eh strip. Chevy was claiming 2.85 0-60 on the ZR1 and after following that youtuber with a ZR1 who was getting thrashed by mustangs (one was an NA full bolt on, with E85 tune only) on the regular I doubt Chevy's performance claims. He also has a Mclaren and it didn't get thrashed. It lived up to it's billing unlike the ZR1.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You are one of the few that think the C7 is a good looking car. LOL
Haha I love it. I think it's great. Just not for me... Just not my style.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
You'll need more than tires. The Z51 package is going to be a complete performance step up with brakes, suspension, wheels, and etc. I don't think that will be a cheap step up. Then we can talk. I might inclined to agree that it might take both but at $70k on the track. Not sure about eh strip. Chevy was claiming 2.85 0-60 on the ZR1 and after following that youtuber with a ZR1 who was getting thrashed by mustangs (one was an NA full bolt on, with E85 tune only) on the regular I doubt Chevy's performance claims. He also has a Mclaren and it didn't get thrashed. It lived up to it's billing unlike the ZR1.

Ohhhhhhhhh now i get it!! You believe the clickbait youtube dildos?

It all makes sense now...

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Would you compare an ecoboost Mustang to a GT500? No.

Then why do you people keep bringing up the King shit top of the totem pole GT500 vs a freaking base C8.

There is Zero logic in this. They are not even close on paper or price tag. SMH.
Umm because its a vette and not supposed to be mustangs competition but vette guys insist on making it that way?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ohhhhhhhhh now i get it!! You believe the clickbait youtube dildos?

It all makes sense now...
You got me.....

Although if I paid $120K for a ZR1 I'd want my click bait to be "I destroyed a bunch blown Stangs". Not "I got beat by a NA Mustang". Especially after I called out a bunch of mustangs.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Umm because its a vette and not supposed to be mustangs competition but vette guys insist on making it that way?
Huh!? The doesnt make sense either. People love to compare how fast a ZL1 1LE is for the money and how many big dollar cars its faster than around a roadcourse but comparing a Base C8 vs. Top of the Totem pole Mustang makes zero sense.

Next you might as well compare a Civic Type R to a Nissan Versa LOL itll make about as much sense.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got me.....

Although if I paid $120K for a ZR1 I'd want my click bait to be "I destroyed a bunch blown Stangs". Not "I got beat by a NA Mustang". Especially after I called out a bunch of mustangs.

Again you and many others act like its a damn stock ZR1 vs a stock 5.0

Psst its not!! Just a hint!

Once you start to mod a vehicle all bets are off!!

Ever got your ass kicked by a 9 second turbo civic?

They exist too.

Point is you are only telling half the story. And the dude with the ZR1 is a dumbass for trying to run modded Mustangs.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0

They exist too.

Point is you are only telling half the story. And the dude with the ZR1 is a dumbass for trying to run modded Mustangs.
Actually no not on the street. modded mustang that weighs more.....no power adder.....and of course a smaller engine lol You gm guys are silly.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Huh!? The doesnt make sense either. People love to compare how fast a ZL1 1LE is for the money and how many big dollar cars its faster than around a roadcourse but comparing a Base C8 vs. Top of the Totem pole Mustang makes zero sense.

Next you might as well compare a Civic Type R to a Nissan Versa LOL itll make about as much sense.
Once again the mustang competition is the camaro. That why they weigh nearly the same. You vette guys...lol

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

They exist too.

What did I leave out? I said it was a full bolt on NA with E85. Full bolt on implies headers, wheels, xpipe, and CAI. Didn't think I had to spell that out for you. So about $5-6K depending on who did it. I'll take that to the bank any day. That's why you buy a mustang. Mod it and turn it into a beast at the track vs paying top dollar and getting thrashed. Then you get to be seen and heard in it around town afterwards. Can't beat that experience.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case you people dont read sigs or user info I have an 2018 A10 car and know damn well that the A10 cars are the business and the hype is real about the A10s.

I still stand by my comment once modded there are alot of stock cars you can stomp.

Maybe next youll brag how a modded mustang could beat a porsche.

Or how the youtube dildo with the orange turbo S550 beat a Mclaren.........

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
They're putting All season radials on the 60K base C8. All Seasons. Come on now. Only Grand Pa will be buying that 60K base with All Season Radials. My guess is that to see performance you'll have to spend another $10K
Base car with All Seasons is $60k. Z51 (which includes Summer only tires) adds about $5k to the purchase price.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I'm surprised they appear to be making the Magneride "difficult" to access. I get that the base won't have it (why though) but any trim level from there it should be default. Any 'track focused' package naturally should be equipped with the Multimatic spool dampers or at least 3-way Penske's.
What about it is “difficult” to access? It’s a free flow option on the base car. You can get base car + MR and no Z51. You can get base car + Z51 and no MR. You can get base car + Z51 + MR.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
In case you people dont read sigs or user info I have an 2018 A10 car and know damn well that the A10 cars are the business and the hype is real about the A10s.

I still stand by my comment once modded there are alot of stock cars you can stomp.

Maybe next youll brag how a modded mustang could beat a porsche.

Or how the youtube dildo with the orange turbo S550 beat a Mclaren.........
If it does I will. If you see that on youtube link it for me. I love watching Murica muscle s550's people built, versus bought, thrashing expensive cars, especially foreign ones. Makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.