N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
We haven't seen any track times from the C8 yet, nor pricing for the Z51 option, which I think will be in the 10+ grand range.
GM also announced it's going after the fastest Nurburgring lap. They won't be doing it with the base or Z51 package either.
The 911 GT2 RS 6:47:xx is still to much car for the vette to handle.
Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Its actually a compliment to the Mustang line up to compare it to a higher tier performance car. Corvettes competition is the 911 and ferrari equivalent.

I can’t say this enough. This really says how far ford has come. It used to be a Camaro debate. The coyote changed the game.

Now it’s Mustang vs Corvette. That in itself is a win for the Mustang.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
But you can't install a back seat in a C8 so it's irrelevant. Which is a huge part of the reason why the Corvette is quicker and also a huge reason why the average Corvette owner is 67.
I don't think the lack of a back seat on a Vette makes that much of a difference. The 911 has a back seat and it does just fine. Sure the lack of the weight added helps some but a back seat is not the end all be all. Also not many people buy a mustang cause it has one. Hell I could give a crap if my car had a back seat, never gets used anyway.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
No. They haven’t announced any option pricing yet. Why announce option pricing on one option and none of the others?
True but in all fairness it's the one option we all want and are nervous as hell it's gonna be marked way up.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the lack of a back seat on a Vette makes that much of a difference. The 911 has a back seat and it does just fine. Sure the lack of the weight added helps some but a back seat is not the end all be all. Also not many people buy a mustang cause it has one. Hell I could give a crap if my car had a back seat, never gets used anyway.
The average age of the corvette owner being 67 says otherwise. For someone like me and the majority of mustang owners it isn’t an option. Until I’m eating super at 3 that is.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The average age of the corvette owner being 67 says otherwise. For someone like me and the majority of mustang owners it isn’t an option. Until I’m eating super at 3 that is.
caranddriver thinks the average age is 61.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28450300/2020-chevrolet-corvette-cargo-storage/

"Old Men, Rejoice: The Mid-Engined Corvette Will Have Space for Golf Clubs

Old men love Corvettes. They love to buy old ones, talk about buying new ones, and complain about how those new ones will never be as good as the old ones. The advent of the mid-engined Corvette, which is intended at least in part to attract a younger audience (the average age of a Corvette owner in 2015 was 61), has exposed fertile new ground for the speculative complaining of aging boomers. If the engine's in the back, where will the golf clubs go?
Capture c8 trunk.JPG

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
caranddriver thinks the average age is 61.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28450300/2020-chevrolet-corvette-cargo-storage/

"Old Men, Rejoice: The Mid-Engined Corvette Will Have Space for Golf Clubs

Old men love Corvettes. They love to buy old ones, talk about buying new ones, and complain about how those new ones will never be as good as the old ones. The advent of the mid-engined Corvette, which is intended at least in part to attract a younger audience (the average age of a Corvette owner in 2015 was 61), has exposed fertile new ground for the speculative complaining of aging boomers. If the engine's in the back, where will the golf clubs go?
Capture c8 trunk.JPG
Yeah im sure that’s correct. Problem is that I, like most, need the option even though I usually avoid putting my kid in it. I’ll probably buy a 3rd car her soon but even then I want my GF and her son and my son to all be able to cruise to diner together on a nice night and rev that engine. Now if all my kids where grown and I just had an old ass GF with grown kids or a sugar baby (corvette and sugar baby is my retirement strategy) I’d no doubt get a C8 and the required handicap sticker and be happier than a pig in shit. Until then it’s 4 seater sports car

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah im sure that’s correct. Problem is that I, like most, need the option even though I usually avoid putting my kid in it. I’ll probably buy a 3rd car her soon but even then I want my GF and her son and my son to all be able to cruise to diner together on a nice night and rev that engine. Now if all my kids where grown and I just had an old ass GF with grown kids or a sugar baby (corvette and sugar baby is my retirement strategy) I’d no doubt get a C8 and the required handicap sticker and be happier than a pig in shit. Until then it’s 4 seater sports car
Trust me, I here ya.

Although, my girls are now older teens and will be moving out in a couple years. They'll meet a man who can pay for their bills. Then, it's just me and my woman. I'm thinkin', unless Ford gets off their butts, a C8 may be in my near future. :inlove:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
We haven't seen any track times from the C8 yet, nor pricing for the Z51 option, which I think will be in the 10+ grand range.
GM also announced it's going after the fastest Nurburgring lap. They won't be doing it with the base or Z51 package either.
The 911 GT2 RS 6:47:xx is still to much car for the vette to handle.
What evidence do you have that Z51 will cost $10k when it costs $5k on C7 with more content?

Agree, it won’t be a Z51 that gets the laptimes at NRing. Probably a Z06.

A 911 GT2 RS is a $290k car. If it bests every version of Corvette. Sure. OK. McLaren probably has some claims there too. But I’d rather spend somewhere in the $80 - 95k range for a Corvette Z06 that comes up just a little short to a 911 GT2 RS than I would spend $293k for the 911.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I bought my first Vette when I was 26. Kept a little Buick Skyhawk around for when I needed “extra” seats. A lot of people buy 2-seat cars during their younger years, sell them when they have need for more family oriented vehicles, buy another when the nest gets empty.

Even now that my nest is sorta empty, and both my kids have their own cars, I keep a Cadillac SRX with my Camaro Convertible, because, let’s face it....those are not back seats.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Trust me, I here ya.

Although, my girls are now older teens and will be moving out in a couple years. They'll meet a man who can pay for their bills. Then, it's just me and my woman. I'm thinkin', unless Ford gets off their butts, a C8 may be in my near future. :inlove:
Oh I’m getting close.... very close. C7’s with my GM discount were very very close to a loaded GT. I wanted one but my girl nixed it. Said it was an old mans car and mustang was sexier. She almost bought a GT500 a few weeks back so I think she’s biased.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my first Vette when I was 26. Kept a little Buick Skyhawk around for when I needed “extra” seats. A lot of people by 2-seat cars during their younger years, sell them when they have need for more family oriented vehicles, buy another when the nest gets empty.

Even now that my nest is sorta empty, and both my kids have their own cars, I keep a Cadillac SRX with my Camaro Convertible, because, let’s face it....those are not back seats.
Sure but we’re talking majority and averages not outliers... but 26 fits. Younger guys without kids are buying them. I would. The rest of the young guys with kids are outliers.

Edit. Btw, that Camaro back seat was a reason I didn’t buy another Camaro. Those back seats are useless. Saw a 850 rwhp 5th gen today at the speed shop. It was beautiful. 5th gen would be a nice project car.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This is hardly any news. The c7 GS can already beat a GT350R.
Without a doubt, the c8 while having more power, a better transmission, and better engine layout for the road course, no shit the C8 will crush mustangs. It will be the GT500 that will put up a fight. Then the c8z will take over.
Mustangs and Corvettes are not even in the same class of cars.

Its actually a compliment to the Mustang line up to compare it to a higher tier performance car. Corvettes competition is the 911 and ferrari equivalent.
Yeah last week the Mustang was one of the worst cars on the road per some people now the Mustang is supposed to compete with the Corvette and everyone who bought a Mustang is a dumb and supporting a bad company, etc. Ford is also supposed to go back in time and make sure the S550 will be faster than anything else for the next 100 years and sell them new for less than a used C5 Z06.

:crackup:

Oh and the Ford GT is a failure because the C8 will outsell it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What evidence do you have that Z51 will cost $10k when it costs $5k on C7 with more content?

Agree, it won’t be a Z51 that gets the laptimes at NRing. Probably a Z06.

A 911 GT2 RS is a $290k car. If it bests every version of Corvette. Sure. OK. McLaren probably has some claims there too. But I’d rather spend somewhere in the $80 - 95k range for a Corvette Z06 that comes up just a little short to a 911 GT2 RS than I would spend $293k for the 911.
Well that 10k was jmo. I think GM is barely breaking even on the 60k base price vette. That's just to get customers asses into the seat. Options is there bread & butter. Even 2 $120K, imo, isn't enough to beat the 911 GT2. As far as the 200K price, that's what's Porsche customers are willing to pay. For me I'd rather spend my $$$ on a 350GTR. Cheers.

Oh, and customize your vin for $5K: https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124195_2020-chevrolet-c8-corvette-vin?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d389cccba8d0400013c5181&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1rtpwH69n6VPZCZtUjPsF9yvIUJjgpUpeJ4Y_4MwzkkThtahVxCI3tnJw

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That's cause the c7 and below cater to older demographics. The c8 caters to my generation, the average age of ownership is about to go way down.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.