2016 GT Premium PP

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
GT350 engine is a masterpiece. Even dated, the GT350 still looks amazing from the front. I am surprised Ford didn’t make it more aggressive with the new 18-19 gt headlights.
Yeah. Like most of us, when I get beat by a car with more HP but more cubic inches, I say "In yo face!"

Also why I drive my ATS 2.0 when I feel the need for speed. Monster puts out 136 hp per litre.
Lol that cracked me up. Hey the FQ-400 Mitsubishi Evo had 200 hp per liter. People compare cubic inches but don’t realize that a bigger bore engine also consumes more physical volumetric space under the hood. Lt1 and ls3 are both smaller engines compared to the coyote and voodoo. Next time instead of the going for hp per liter, go for the physical volumetric engine size comparison and step it up a notch lol

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
GT350 engine is a masterpiece. Even dated, the GT350 still looks amazing from the front. I am surprised Ford didn’t make it more aggressive with the new 18-19 gt headlights.

Lol that cracked me up. Hey the FQ-400 Mitsubishi Evo had 200 hp per liter. People compare cubic inches but don’t realize that a bigger bore engine also consumes more physical volumetric space under the hood. Lt1 and ls3 are both smaller engines compared to the coyote and voodoo. Next time instead of the going for hp per liter, go for the physical volumetric engine size comparison and step it up a notch lol
Like a rotary?

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You must be over 60.
Not even close. More and M then Baby. I just understand who they designed the car for.

I read where Chevy build the backbone stronger on the car to lower roll pan heights. Aka so you wouldn’t have to lift your leg as high to get in and out of the car.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dead giveaway. Younger people want to pay more for a worse car.
Nope but I completely agree.

I think the common thinking with the M generation is “I am not ever going to retire so why don’t a spend it now?”

Bad of steaming crap? Eww. Is it designer? I’ll take two.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Worse how? IT makes 250 more hp?
Don't ask me. Someone posted they are buying a C8 because its a better car. Someone else said that statement means (s)he is over 60, not that he disagreed if it was a better car.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dealer in my neck of the woods will sell at MSRP
So a Z51/1LT $63500-$65000

Yes I can mod a 36K GT to crush it but just look the C8, its perfect.
I know what I'm buying, Lets not even compare a GT350, its almost the same price and imo Fords gonna have rethink that pricing

Chevy hit a grand slam

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Anyone else find it odd that if the price for the Z51 option was gonna be the same, why didnt Gm announce it?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer in my neck of the woods will sell at MSRP
So a Z51/1LT $63500-$65000

Yes I can mod a 36K GT to crush it but just look the C8, its perfect.
I know what I'm buying, Lets not even compare a GT350, its almost the same price and imo Fords gonna have rethink that pricing

Chevy hit a grand slam
But you can't install a back seat in a C8 so it's irrelevant. Which is a huge part of the reason why the Corvette is quicker and also a huge reason why the average Corvette owner is 67.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have a feeling the high end GT's are going to be in trouble with this car. It may have a base model with only 490HP, but the car is extremely lightweight compared to a Coyote Mustang of any flavor (I heard sub 3,500lbs), and has a 0-60 that will make the GT350 look like a freight train. Also, you can bet the new C8 base will probably give the GT500 a real hard time on the track, simply because of it's obvious increase in handling. Mid engined cars are no joke. Just look at how the Cayman does against cars that have 200HP more. Those C8 test vids at Nurburgring were just a taste. That's where it will shine. Most C7's like the Z06 can probably give a GT500 a run for its money on a track. For the money, the C8 will make a joke out of it.

The Base C8 will not be faster and car weighs in at 3700 (sub 35 without fluids gas ect)

Cracks me up that people say the C8 is going to make a joke out of the 500 when they know nothing about either car.

]

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Base C8 will not be faster and car weighs in at 3700 (sub 35 without fluids gas ect)

Cracks me up that people say the C8 is going to make a joke out of the 500 when they know nothing about either car.
There are also crotch rockets faster. Does it matter? You can fit your golf clubs and ole Maude in it and that's it. Unrealistic for the majority of the population over 28 and under 66 1\2.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Anyone else find it odd that if the price for the Z51 option was gonna be the same, why didnt Gm announce it?
No. They haven’t announced any option pricing yet. Why announce option pricing on one option and none of the others?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why announce option pricing on one option and none of the others?
to stroke thousands of content-free posts debating and guessing and inciting deep analysis of a poster's mental age and living arrangements. You must be new here. /sarc

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
This is hardly any news. The c7 GS can already beat a GT350R.
Without a doubt, the c8 while having more power, a better transmission, and better engine layout for the road course, no shit the C8 will crush mustangs. It will be the GT500 that will put up a fight. Then the c8z will take over.
Mustangs and Corvettes are not even in the same class of cars.

Its actually a compliment to the Mustang line up to compare it to a higher tier performance car. Corvettes competition is the 911 and ferrari equivalent.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.