Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I understand your frustration after all you did just find out that you could have had a supercar for a lot less than you paid for your 350. If you don't care why do you keep coming at me
Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I understand your frustration after all you did just find out that you could have had a supercar for a lot less than you paid for your 350. If you don't care why do you keep coming at me
Money isn't the issue. The biggest problem is I need to be about 40 years older, 150 pounds heavier, and actually shop at Tommy Bahama.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And with that amazing comeback I will surrender, and crown you the winner your abilities to think up these quips are uncanny. I get the calling me old and fat but sorry I am not sure what a Tommy Bahama is. I am sure the other members will know and find it hilarious. Again congrats on the win. As you mentioned drag racing before some of us win those and then some of us win the best comebacks award.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Money isn't the issue. The biggest problem is I need to be about 40 years older, 150 pounds heavier, and actually shop at Tommy Bahama.
A little cocky and full of ourselves, aren't we.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
And with that amazing comeback I will surrender, and crown you the winner your abilities to think up these quips are uncanny. I get the calling me old and fat but sorry I am not sure what a Tommy Bahama is. I am sure the other members will know and find it hilarious. Again congrats on the win. As you mentioned drag racing before some of us win those and then some of us win the best comebacks award.
I wasn't referring you to, I was referring to the stereotypical Corvette owner.
A little cocky and full of ourselves, aren't we.
Not at all actually. I'm just stating that the cost of the car has nothing to do with anything for me.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
These C8 fanboys will get a reality check when it wont get anywhere near the 0-60 times they are BSing about. Under 3 seconds, yeah right.
At the end of the day who cares if it's 2.99 or 3.22 it's still damn fast and I for one would not complain at all.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
He's just adding all that drag to win drag races.
Since yours is obsolete maybe you could give him yours?
:cwl::cwl: that's because you're just a lowly, old and fat, Mustang owner. If you were an old and fat GT350 or C8 owner you'd be sporting that TB dicky and driving gloves

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Ford GT owners are going to be very upset when that ZR1 comes out.
I am fairly sure that for the vast majority the cool factor of the Ford GT outweighs the performance advantage other cars have. Also they already doubled or trippled their investments. Ya I don't think any of them mind. All they will do is just keep buying high end cars

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Since yours is obsolete maybe you could give him yours?

:cwl::cwl: that's because you're just a lowly, old and fat, Mustang owner. If you were an old and fat GT350 or C8 owner you'd be sporting that TB dicky and driving gloves
He comes into all these comparison threads and talks down to the 350 owners and tells us about how our cars are bad. He wouldn't accept the handout.

Also, I'll have you know that we don't wear driving gloves, it adds too much weight. That's like .000001 off my lap time.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am fairly sure that for the vast majority the cool factor of the Ford GT outweighs the performance advantage other cars have. Also they already doubled or trippled their investments. Ya I don't think any of them mind. All they will do is just keep buying high end cars
I think you give "the cool factor" a little too much credit. Performance is the end all or we wouldn't even own Mustangs. If the top Vette to come outperforms the Ford GT for a fraction of the cost game over. It's that simple.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I think you give "the cool factor" a little too much credit. Performance is the end all or we wouldn't even own Mustangs. If the top Vette to come outperforms the Ford GT for a fraction of the cost game over. It's that simple.
Not true at all. Yes performance matters but when people are dropping 500k plus on a car the big draw is bragging rights that they have it and their friends don't also investment value. Yes performance is a factor but when the GT came out it was the king. Nothing lasts forever. But if you think people won't buy a GT cause it loses a race your nuts. They are still selling them and I have not read anywhere they can't find buyers. I'm believe there is still a line a mile long to get one.

Also no one gives a crap about a zr1 vs gt when a 720s will destroy everything right now. And that still isn't taking sales away. People are just getting one of those to compliment their gt.

When a car that looks like a gt goes for sale it sells. If the GT looked like a pinto no one would want it even with the GT engine. If the pinto came out looking like a GT well u would see a lot of happy pinto owners lol.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He comes into all these comparison threads and talks down to the 350 owners and tells us about how our cars are bad. He wouldn't accept the handout.

That is not exactly true and you can look at my post my problem is not with the car and a don't talk anyone's car down. We all have what we have for many different reasons. My problem is that some 350 owners have a better than thou attitude with GT or EB owners of which many of them younger and less far along in life. They should be respected in the Mustang family too. Not sure what you mean that I would not except the handout.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not true at all. Yes performance matters but when people are dropping 500k plus on a car the big draw is bragging rights that they have it and their friends don't also investment value. Yes performance is a factor but when the GT came out it was the king. Nothing lasts forever. But if you think people won't buy a GT cause it loses a race your nuts. They are still selling them and I have not read anywhere they can't find buyers. I'm believe there is still a line a mile long to get one.

Also no one gives a crap about a zr1 vs gt when a 720s will destroy everything right now. And that still isn't taking sales away. People are just getting one of those to compliment their gt.

When a car that looks like a gt goes for sale it sells. If the GT looked like a pinto no one would want it even with the GT engine. If the pinto came out looking like a GT well u would see a lot of happy pinto owners lol.
The Ford GT is a rarity to start with and hard to get even if you have the money. That is why it is "cool" and sure I like them, who doesn't. But if you think the Ford GT is still the winner over the Corvette "IF" the Corvette outperforms, outsells and is way cheaper I don't know what to tell you. I see this being the case, but we'll see. I'm a diehard Ford Fanboy, but I'm calling a spade a spade.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Ford GT is a rarity to start with and hard to get even if you have the money. That is why it is "cool" and sure I like them, who doesn't. But if you think the Ford GT is still the winner over the Corvette "IF" the Corvette outperforms, outsells and is way cheaper I don't know what to tell you. I see this being the case, but we'll see. I'm a diehard Ford Fanboy, but I'm calling a spade a spade.
The Ford GT does weigh a couple hundred pounds less than the base Corvette and has 150 more HP, plus the twin turbo engine in the Ford GT will have a lot more mid-range power than the LT2.

I think one of your spades might be something else. Look a little closer.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford GT does weigh a couple hundred pounds less than the base Corvette and has 150 more HP, plus the twin turbo engine in the Ford GT will have a lot more mid-range power than the LT2.

I think one of your spades might be something else. Look a little closer.
I'm going with the top dog Vette against the GT. Have those numbers? Nope.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.