MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
JFC, hahahaha, did this forum suddenly get overrun with people who missed fundamental reading skills in elementary school... ?

C8 is going to eat the GT500 everything.
Can you post up some actual performance test numbers? Thanks!

Considering the C8 [...] will absolutely eat both the GT350 and gt500s lunch around a road course.
Excellent, you must have seen the performance tests too. I guess I missed them, are they online? Links? Which publications? Thanks!

Anyone who thinks there going to find a 60k c8 is delusional. GM is only going to roll out the highly optioned cars first. If you want a stripo c8 you'll have to order it and good luck finding a dealer willing to do it.
I don't think I have ever seen a new corvette for sale at a dealer that did not have options. I couldn't even find a used C6 that didn't have options.
Yep. I've owned a few Vettes and dealers __never__ get base, "no frills" models, usually it's 2LT or 3LT trim packages, plus a scattering of options like Z51. It winds up being cheaper (or the same price) to get a more optioned car off the lot for a discount, vs. ordering a "stripper". :crazy:

And why does everybody say it looks ugly?

When I first saw it, I immediately told myself, "Yep, looks like a new Corvette."

The lines are quite C7'ish, only the next step. To me it just looks like a Chevy. That's kind of the point.
There's some kind of "uncanny valley" thing going on with the design. It's got all the basic mid-engine design elements, it's low, flat, has big side ducts, plus some Vette-esque touches, mostly carry forward design language from the C7 (which in itself, lost some of the Vette vibe), but there's some kind of weird proportion thing that's just not working for me yet. Might be one of those hard to photograph cars where it __has__ to be seen in person.

Listen. That is dry weight. Will all fluids it with be around 3600 pounds.
I guess you can repeat yourself till you're BITF and this pretty simple concept will still be lost on some people.

Old Ickabod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
the C8 looks like a Saleen S1 IMO.......

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
There is no posisble way a GT500 will beat a C8-Z51 on the track. The mid-engine design has not only lower weight, but a ton of basic physics behind it. It will handle better and outperform the GT500 on just about anything that requires turning.
But the C7 was already 50/50 weight distribution. Anyways, all ME/RE cars do is push through corners unless you brake really early, but you accelerate outta the corner sooner. Whereas a FE you can brake late, carry more speed though the corner, but accelerate out of the corner later. Always a compromise between FE/ME/RE setups. no one is perfect. The Viper ARC is close however. Personally I hate pushing through corners. I'd rather have the ass slide around it. I don't think this thing will be any quicker around Nurburgring.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Yep. I've owned a few Vettes and dealers __never__ get base, "no frills" models, usually it's 2LT or 3LT trim packages, plus a scattering of options like Z51. It winds up being cheaper (or the same price) to get a more optioned car off the lot for a discount, vs. ordering a "stripper". :crazy:
Actually, big volume dealers like MacMulkin and Les Stanford, Kerbeck, and a few others get a lot of no optioned 1LTs because that's how a lot of people can get into a Vette. Also, you can factory order from them all day long with courtesy delivery and get that stripper Vette no problem.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can you post up some actual performance test numbers? Thanks!
I wish I had some numbers but I don’t. I will tell you what I do know.

The these are 2 different classes of car.

One is a purpose built racecar. The other is a 2+2 that is based on a 5 year old design.

One is 3366lbs the other will most likely be over 4000(hope not). There is a reason ford didn’t release the weight at the debut.

C8 is 60k GT500 is 73k Plus I don’t think GM will limit supply thus no ADM after awhile.

C8 495 vs 760 (at 10hp per 100lbs this is more like 560 vs 760)

C8 0-60 under 3 seconds. GT500 mid 3 seconds.

From stop light to stop light the C8 will murder the GT500.

The C8 looks better in my opinion. Hell my 2018 looks better in my opinion.

So where are the wins going to come from? Couple tenths quick in the quarter? Same lap times? Is that really a win?

And then of course the real supercar will come out at some point.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
News flash...ford X plan, doesn’t let you buy any Shelby or Raptor. GM Supplier discount, let you buy any corvette, except the ZR1.

That alone will get you a C8 Base, without ADM and dealer fees.

Read above, and the dealers can’t say no, because they are just the middle man between you and chevy. Prices are locked.
i have purchased A Shelby GT for xplan !! and Just inquired about current gt350 and the dealer said they would honor it !!

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I believe that's the dry weight, so add another 100lbs for all of the fluids
and 4300lb gt500 with fluids so !! GT500 needs 760 hp ...not to mentiion they wen 7 speed dsg vs 8 speed and there gear ratios in the DSG 7 speed are near identical to the old 6 speed ford auto of 2011-2014 with 4th being 1;1 .. this new GT500 is PURE RUBBISH!!!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
and 4300lb gt500 with fluids so !! GT500 needs 760 hp ...not to mentiion they wen 7 speed dsg vs 8 speed and there gear ratios in the DSG 7 speed are near identical to the old 6 speed ford auto of 2011-2014 with 4th being 1;1 .. this new GT500 is PURE RUBBISH!!!
You read too much into my comment. I was just simply saying it's going to be a little heavier. Had no other intent. Heck saw that others posted it first which is why I deleted it. Actually I'm excited for the c8

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
If you believe the ZR1 is faster than a Ford GT because an amateur in one was faster than an amateur in another on a open track day, I have nothing for you. And I can show you countless videos of Miatas passing all sorts of exotics, but that does not make a Miata faster car.
Probst ran both the Ford GT and ZR1 at Willow springs. His time in the GT was 1:23.69 and his time in the ZR1 was 1:23.70. So in a pros hand, there times are equal. But one cost $500,000 and the other is $130,000

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Probst ran both the Ford GT and ZR1 at Willow springs. His time in the GT was 1:23.69 and his time in the ZR1 was 1:23.70. So in a pros hand, there times are equal. But one cost $500,000 and the other is $130,000
Different days.

Randy is a sellout and MT is a joke. He ran slower in the GT350R than the ZL1, despite the ZL1 being heavier, having a worse weight distribution, smaller tires, less sticky tires, and less downforce than the GT350R. And on their data, the ZL1 made up all of its time in the corners. If it were the straights it would be more credible. After that article, Randy and MT lost all credibility.

*And I had a typo, it should have read Camaro ZL1** which was in that video (not Corvette ZR1).

GM has stupid names for models and trims. ZL1LTE51.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Different days.

Randy is a sellout and MT is a joke. He ran slower in the GT350R than the ZL1, despite the ZL1 being heavier, having a worse weight distribution, smaller tires, less sticky tires, and less downforce than the GT350R. And on their data, the ZL1 made up all of its time in the corners. If it were the straights it would be more credible. After that article, Randy and MT lost all credibility.

*And I had a typo, it should have read Camaro ZL1** which was in that video (not Corvette ZR1).

Different days.

Didn’t Fords own GT racer get a record time at VIR then a few weeks later the ZR1 beat it?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.