Sponsored

Lethal Performance by Griptec Supercharger Pulleys for the 2020 Shelby GT500!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
What are the drawbacks to removing the OEM clutch?
None that we're aware of. The Hellcats use the same design from the factory and most of aftermarket pulleys for them remove the clutch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a customer of Lethal Performance in the past, I've had a great experience so I trust your company. Given that cars won't be in owners hands until sometime his fall, what is the return policy on the part should things not work out when the car finally arrives? Just thinking if someone purchased it from your site today we're months away from being able to even install it.
Glad to have you as a Lethal customer. We will indeed offer a return policy on them as long as the item is new in the original packaging. We're going to hold off on shipping them until we get to successfully install one on a car which should happen fairly soon. We will make everyone aware once that happens.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm betting Ford will keep a very close eye on what people do with the 500 with respect to changing pulleys and tune, because you will need a tune as well. I predict within a month or so of deliveries, some will get modded and then blow up and the owners will try to get a warranty claim. I had two CTS-V's (2nd Gen) and same types of things happened.
Happens with every car.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
What is the purpose of the clutch?
When you stop the sc abruptly, there is alot of stress on the crank, pulley system rotor pack etc.

Additionally the rotor pack inertia can unscrew the pulley.. like when you do a burnout and let the tires hook. Been there!

Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you stop the sc abruptly, there is alot of stress on the crank, pulley system rotor pack etc.

Additionally the rotor pack inertia can unscrew the pulley.. like when you do a burnout and let the tires hook. Been there!
It's also used to keep supercharger noise down while the car is idling. :beer:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
These are a no clutch design. As far as tools go we're trying to make them so that you can use simple hand tools. However until they've been test fitted on a car we can't confirm that. If not we will have a removal/install tool available for purchase.

As far as boost goes with the 2.35" I'm unsure of that right now. We know that the stock boost level is 12psi however how much that changes every .05" in pulley size I'm unsure of. I will try and find out for you and reply as soon as I have that info.

Thanks!
As soon as I have a delivery date, ill be buying a few of them.. the question is do i have the willpower to avoid ordering all of them ;)

Also, what are other 2650 s/c cars doing as far as lower pulleys. I have been out of the PD blower game for a while, but on my Lightning, I had an upper pulley and lower, to help reduce belt slip.( truth be told, i bought the truck with the upper already on, and then just did a +4psi lower) But the tuners suggest i should go back to stock upper and larger lower

what are pros and cons of just an upper vs just a lower, in relation to heat and slippage, ie, why would a person want to do a ( i dont recall sizes so ill stick +psi) +4-6psi upper, instead of a +4-6psi lower pulley?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As soon as I have a delivery date, ill be buying a few of them.. the question is do i have the willpower to avoid ordering all of them ;)

Also, what are other 2650 s/c cars doing as far as lower pulleys. I have been out of the PD blower game for a while, but on my Lightning, I had an upper pulley and lower, to help reduce belt slip.( truth be told, i bought the truck with the upper already on, and then just did a +4psi lower) But the tuners suggest i should go back to stock upper and larger lower

what are pros and cons of just an upper vs just a lower, in relation to heat and slippage, ie, why would a person want to do a ( i dont recall sizes so ill stick +psi) +4-6psi upper, instead of a +4-6psi lower pulley?

Just got your order. Can't believe you ordered two of every size. You ok? lol

As to the lower those are already in process. However there's not a lot of room. I believe we'll only be able to fit a 1/2" larger in diameter balancer without having clearance issues. For belt wrap and less chance of belt slip it's always best to try not go super small with the upper. The smaller you go the more chance of slip you have. It's all going to get figured out shortly though once we get these products on a few cars to test. We'll definitely make sure to keep everyone updated.

Thanks again for the order! lol :cwl::cwl::cwl:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Just got your order. Can't believe you ordered two of every size. You ok? lol

As to the lower those are already in process. However there's not a lot of room. I believe we'll only be able to fit a 1/2" larger in diameter balancer without having clearance issues. For belt wrap and less chance of belt slip it's always best to try not go super small with the upper. The smaller you go the more chance of slip you have. It's all going to get figured out shortly though once we get these products on a few cars to test. We'll definitely make sure to keep everyone updated.

Thanks again for the order! lol :cwl::cwl::cwl:
Good to know. I figured ease of installation was a factor for mild modified people as well.

I Suppose ill take it easy until you guys find the DCT limits. My goal is a meager 8-850rwhp out the gate :)

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)

I read the hellcats take 80hp to drive the stock supercharger which is a lot of resistance especially when you cut the throttle really fast. So I'd imagine having a clutch is definitely a nice feature and an aftermarket pulley with a clutch would be nice to have for sure! I have a jeep wrangler with a hellcat swap and the 4.5l whipple blower with no clutch on the pulley and if you cut throttle at wide open throttle it sometimes will squeal the belt pretty damn hard lol however adjustment of the bypass valve has helped with this issue a ton.

Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
None that we're aware of. The Hellcats use the same design from the factory and most of aftermarket pulleys for them remove the clutch.
actually a lot of hellcat guys including myself went back to clutched style aftermarket pulleys the Clutch on the snout is there for a Reason . Its so when on throttle or under load the Blower is Driven and makes boost But when you chop out of throttle or should i say lift off the gas the blower free wheels and the engine can then slow down and loose revs at any pace and NOT load the Crank with Extra load from the blower and will prevent snapped crank snouts and spun harmonic Dampers .Lets not forget the loads these blowers will generate at 7500 rpm !!!

Last edited:

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
IS this not an issue on LT4? Just curious why the LT4 has direct drive snout pulley? Actually now I remember when taking the LT4 blower off to change snout pulley it has a rubber coupling just behind the front snout assembly, i assume this takes the impact.