2015 Mustang GT OCS fault for 2017 Recaro Seats

Spanky4177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 6speed w/PP
I currently own a 2015 mustang GT and installed a set of leather Recaro Seats from a 2017 Shelby GT350 in excellent condition. But now my airbag light is on and error code reads B00A0-A4-8B "Occupant Classification System". So I'm curious do i just need to take my car in to dealership to have OCS reprogrammed/recalibrated? I'm trying to get this issue addressed quickly do to i'm selling my 15 GT.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

FYI: Original seats from my 15 GT were cloth base power seats

B00A0:4A-8B CMDTCs Occupant Classification System

Below is what I found online of what the error code means

(Sub-code 4A indicates the airbag module has detected an incorrect OCS module is installed)
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Did you not hang on to your cloth seats? The Recaros are worth $2-4,000 but probably only add a few hundred dollars to the sale value of the car.

OP
OP
Spanky4177

Spanky4177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 6speed w/PP
Did you not hang on to your cloth seats? The Recaros are worth $2-4,000 but probably only add a few hundred dollars to the sale value of the car.
No, I already sold my cloth seats, thats why I'm trying to fix issue before selling. I actually installed these last OCT but just figured it was a false error code and ignored it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You’ll need to find the electrical pin out schematics between the model year as well as the model (ie: 2015 vs 2017 and GT vs Shelby).

Even though the cars used similar body harnesses, the plug pin out varied - so even though it seems to be “plug-n-play”, because the physical connectors were able to be plugged in, it’s not 100% true (as you found out).

I think you’ll also need Forscan and a Shelby VIN and the proper codes because the As Built codes varied between models and option packages.
Sponsored