Sponsored

BMR Suspension's New S550 Rear Upper SHOCK MOUNTS: SM760 - Design Finalized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What is your setup? Tires, wheels, offsets, camber?

Where is it rubbing?
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What is your setup? Tires, wheels, offsets, camber?

Where is it rubbing?
Gt350, 305/680 slicks,18x11+52 rear camber is close to 3 degrees.

I’ll be adding a spacer next time out.

It’s rubbing on the top of the rod end area, you can see the paint missing

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I do around a dozen HPDE and Time Trial events a year so that’s the alignment it likes.

I have a pyrometer and have been all over tire wear and those settings have netted me even wear and good results.
Can't argue with the data. Higher than I'm used to seeing even for a track alignment.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Can't argue with the data. Higher than I'm used to seeing even for a track alignment.
Yup I agree, it does have spherical bearings all around which may contribute but I’m not sure.

Can’t blame the rubbing on BMR though, I really do love this mount. A 5mm spacer will probably be all I need.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
... rear camber is close to 3 degrees. ...
:shock: Wow!
Like BMac said, if it works ...

Off topic sort-of ... I'm starting to wonder about the rear IRS design in these cars. There is something fundamentally wonky back there. 3 degrees negative camber as a tested setting; 0.2 degrees total toe in; binding sway bars for on-center response; can't lower more than 0.5 inch without repercussions? Can someone explain what's going on in these suspensions as they go through normal travel?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:shock: Wow!
Like BMac said, if it works ...

Off topic sort-of ... I'm starting to wonder about the rear IRS design in these cars. There is something fundamentally wonky back there. 3 degrees negative camber as a tested setting; 0.2 degrees total toe in; binding sway bars for on-center response; can't lower more than 0.5 inch without repercussions? Can someone explain what's going on in these suspensions as they go through normal travel?
Well, the camber he's at is a bit high, but as he's running slicks (and aero?), I could see needing more because of the roll, and I don't know how low his car is (looks like the BMR Magneride springs). More grip = more roll.

The integral link is still more or less a SLA type suspension, so it doesn't have fixed roll center, camber gain or motion ratios. They each have a curve, and never a linear one. I've not had the time or gotten the data to plot those, but everything that's been described to me by those who have either been part of the design or measured dynamic camber with ride height have said that the 10-15 mm drop is the sweet spot, unless you are going to go much firmer on rear springs to limit roll and squat.

The rear toe is not atypical. Powerful rwd vehicles need some to hook up and provide some stability on corner exit.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I’d say the suspension on this car has been slightly frustrating especially up front.

I too was surprised on how much camber I needed. The tracks in my area are fairly slow tracks, you won’t hit more than 130ish on most of them. They have a lot of tight low speed turns in some cases as well.

I started out with the Ford Performances spec sheet and went from there. I could see in pictures and tire wear how I was rolling over on the tires and just over heating the outside of them.

Overall I’m happy with the rear end, it puts the power down well.

The front is a mess, primarily on the dampening and roll.

I’ve never had a car with such a low spring rate and massive front bar. For example, if I hit a bump mid corner on a sweeper, the front end will just float, it bounces almost like a 60s Impala. I have the BMR magride springs which have helped but my plan at this point is to put a larger front bar than the BMR I have along with more tuning on the DSC controller.

If that fails I may scrap it all together and get a real coilover system.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone had any luck finding a M10X1.0 rod end bearing that would fit the Steeda non-adjustable shocks. The link to the MD Maryland site shows that company under new management and the link to the PDF will not come up. The other link takes me to a site in the UK but it shows them out of stock. Would like to try this mount if I could find the rod ends to work. Most sites only have the M10X1.25 or 1.50

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had any luck finding a M10X1.0 rod end bearing that would fit the Steeda non-adjustable shocks. The link to the MD Maryland site shows that company under new management and the link to the PDF will not come up. The other link takes me to a site in the UK but it shows them out of stock. Would like to try this mount if I could find the rod ends to work. Most sites only have the M10X1.25 or 1.50
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...0-design-finalized.113927/page-6#post-2494775

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Have had the the mounts in with Viking Crusaders in my bagged car for about two weeks now and so far so good.

GFhwXuK.jpg

Before and after pictures with the BMR upper shock mount and the Viking Crusaders.

Before:

wSdsTU0.jpg

After:

Htzjx6E.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I reached out to Fluro and they sent me the contact info for their USA distributor and he and I have been chatting a bit. The parts are technically available thru Motion Industries (but not listed).

Price of the GIXSW10X1.0 in qty of 50-100 is $34.96 each and takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

The other option is the FK JFX10Mx but they don't offer them in the extra fine pitch. Aurora bearings and RBC also don't offer it in extra-fine pitch. Kelly@BMR gets theirs from FK. I wish they had the business case to justify placing an order for say 100 just so they have them for us Steeda/Koni shock aficionados. It's not like they have a shelf-life or anything. But it is a $3000-8000 investment unfortunately.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Thanks. That is the link I mention in the post that does show the part but it is out of stock.

I reached out to Fluro and they sent me the contact info for their USA distributor and he and I have been chatting a bit. The parts are technically available thru Motion Industries (but not listed).

Price of the GIXSW10X1.0 in qty of 50-100 is $34.96 each and takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

The other option is the FK JFX10Mx but they don't offer them in the extra fine pitch. Aurora bearings and RBC also don't offer it in extra-fine pitch. Kelly@BMR gets theirs from FK. I wish they had the business case to justify placing an order for say 100 just so they have them for us Steeda/Koni shock aficionados. It's not like they have a shelf-life or anything. But it is a $3000-8000 investment unfortunately.
Appreciate the information! I will keep checking and hopefully the come back in stock somewhere without the minimum buy quantity.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Have had the the mounts in with Viking Crusaders in my bagged car for about two weeks now and so far so good.

GFhwXuK.jpg

Before and after pictures with the BMR upper shock mount and the Viking Crusaders.

Before:

wSdsTU0.jpg

After:

Htzjx6E.jpg
why is it lower??
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.