Sponsored

Not quite cheating on your S550 (what cars have u thought about and why, why not)

What others cars do you think of buying to replace/compliment your Stang

• Total voters

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
well lets see cars i have owned since 2010 to now
2010 civic SI -SOLID CAR VERY FUN
2004 cobra pulley tuned FUN CAR GREAT BANG FOR BUCK !!
2007 shelby gt-h built 735rwhp -REDICULOUS 10.17 -137MPH 18 DRS 6 SPD !!!
2008 gti dsg tuned
2012 GT 6 spd brembo pkg full bolt ons 12.20s 116mph great car -Glass transmission
2013 genesis 5.0r spec -super Sleeper
2012 STI tuned stg 2 -Garbage !!! blew up 2200 miles traded in for Mustang GT!!
2014 chevy SS sedan -fun !!
2014 1lE SS built 801/646 FUN!!! Redonkulous -9.80s 142mph 6 speed -actullay great handling car
2015 Scat challenger A8 -ran awesome 11.77 116mph CAI ONLY !!!! more fun than hellcat !!!!
2016 A8 2 SS camaro - ran awesome not a fan of the direct injection only fuel system to difficult /expensive to mod past bolt ons --Great handling car as good as the M3/M4 i cross shopped and drove and as fast -poor visibility Sold it for the 2018 GT PP1 A10
2017 Hellcat A8 -respectable 10.8 129mph stock /tire only -Sold 3 weeks ago -Bye !!
2018 golf R DSG tuned ran good but car is piece of shit / Garbage just sold it 3 weeks ago thank you GOD !!!
2019 Eco boost F150 with JB4 tuner -Absolute Blast very Fast pickup truck love it ---
2020 BMW M340i xdrive -QUITE POSSIBLY BEST CAR I EVER DROVE !!! rated at 382/367 car absolutely Flys 0-60 4.0 so far and has a factory exhaust note thats intoxicating cracking and burbling like i never heard before /dual mode exhaust too--I cross shopped this with kia stinger GT2 and genesis g70 both 3.3 twin turbo and they were good fun cars but for same money as this M340i and no where near the fit and finish or quality for the dollar

The 2018 GT PP1 A10 301a pkg is currently still in my garage .I chose it over my Hellcat its not faster overall stock but not terribly off - but it handles better its great looking its lighter cheaper to mod and has a better after market 10x and it revs and sounds way better ,the hellcat feels like a fast Diesel -party is over at 6k.
The hellcat was not 30k better than the Mustang period . and for 10k i can make the mustang do what 100k car can ..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My GT350R is on your list as well as the Golf R’s cousin, the Audi S3.
1. Every time I think of selling the R, reality sets in where I know there isn’t a driving experience anywhere close for the money. So that car is staying.
2. I absolutely love my S3 for daily duty. I’ve done some bolt on mods (no ECU or TCU tune just yet) and the car responds extremely well to the mods. It’s refreshing to have a small, nimble car again. And if I stay out of the boost, I can average north of 32MPG. If my commute wasn’t 600 miles per week, I’d strongly consider an RS3.

That being said, I’ve grown more fond of smaller cars since owning the S3 and the M2 Comp intrigues me. I love the nature of the 2.0T as well and a 718 with PDK intrigues me as well. Once the R gets paid off shortly I may look into one of these as an addition.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I have a friend that works at a local Toyota dealer, he let me take a Civic Type R home for the weekend.

Crazy fun car to drive through the twisties, Recaro seats are stupid narrow for someone my size. Turning off traction control will allow you to leave some solid black marks through the curves.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For winter I have thought about a FiST or FoST. The FoRS would be good as well. Also Audi TT is interesting to me. It would be fun to have a small, manual transmission AWD car for winter drifting.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
A 996 turbo is enticing however idk if I could tolerate the interior for daily use.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I had a Grand Sport on order until my wife told me she was preggers, and i needed a back seat in my car to throw the baby in there in a pinch. The Mustang is a good compromise, and strangely enough, I like it better than my Viper GTS and my Boss 302.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
The only other cars I've thought about buying are Corvette and GT-R. Aside from that I'd like a Veloster as my daily.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
For winter I have thought about a FiST or FoST. The FoRS would be good as well. Also Audi TT is interesting to me. It would be fun to have a small, manual transmission AWD car for winter drifting.
I used to have a Stage 2 Audi TT (for 6 years!). Loved it. If you dont mind limit understeer, it was a quick tiny car with solid traction. I found the FiST to be the most fun out of all of these choices.

A 996 turbo is enticing however idk if I could tolerate the interior for daily use.
Friend has one of them. The steering is not good, interior is absolutely junk, luggage capacity is rubbish. It's small and light, but thats about it. One of the worst generations of 911s.

I had a Grand Sport on order until my wife told me she was preggers, and i needed a back seat in my car to throw the baby in there in a pinch. The Mustang is a good compromise, and strangely enough, I like it better than my Viper GTS and my Boss 302.
Interested in hearing the differences between your S550 and the Boss 302. I liked the Boss (old interior aside) when I drove it, but find the newer gen to be a much much better handler, especially as the roads gets rougher. Feel more feedback too from the chassis.

The only other cars I've thought about buying are Corvette and GT-R. Aside from that I'd like a Veloster as my daily.
Never warmed up to the GTR, its too stiff and heavy feeling! C7 is nice but I have a hard time driving it at the limit (too skittish). I prefer the Camaro over the Vette, except the visibility issues.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Interested in hearing the differences between your S550 and the Boss 302. I liked the Boss (old interior aside) when I drove it, but find the newer gen to be a much much better handler, especially as the roads gets rougher. Feel more feedback too from the chassis.
Honestly man, I think the Boss was over rated. Maybe I expected too much after reading and watching all the reviews about how amazing it was. It just felt like a regular mustang to me, with light suspension and engine modifications. I found the side exhaust too quiet, and the body motions were not well controlled either. The car just left a lot to be desired. My modified 2011 5.0 was a lot more fun, and all it had was just Ford racing parts on it. The S550 is a better car in every way, and only people with a strong sense of nostalgia would say otherwise.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Honestly man, I think the Boss was over rated. Maybe I expected too much after reading and watching all the reviews about how amazing it was. It just felt like a regular mustang to me, with light suspension and engine modifications. I found the side exhaust too quiet, and the body motions were not well controlled either. The car just left a lot to be desired. My modified 2011 5.0 was a lot more fun, and all it had was just Ford racing parts on it. The S550 is a better car in every way, and only people with a strong sense of nostalgia would say otherwise.
That's interesting. Most people on here who have Bosses seem to think they are awesome. I think you are the first person I have read saying anything else. I never bought a Boss 302 because the power increase didn't seem worth it to me, and at the time I wasn't thinking about road course stuff. I appreciate the honesty. I think many people will never say that they don't especially like something that they bought, because they don't want to admit they made a mistake.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
That's interesting. Most people on here who have Bosses seem to think they are awesome. I think you are the first person I have read saying anything else. I never bought a Boss 302 because the power increase didn't seem worth it to me, and at the time I wasn't thinking about road course stuff. I appreciate the honesty. I think many people will never say that they don't especially like something that they bought, because they don't want to admit they made a mistake.
I test drove it, and wasn't impressed, and I thought living with it would have made me love the car, but it just never happened. I even used it as a daily for a period of time. If someone owns one and they think it's the best mustang ever, more power to them. Maybe they know something I don't, or maybe im just an idiot who doesn't know good cars lol I just know my 18 is more fun than that boss ever was.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Wow interesting how others are majority in what I am thinking Challenger/Charger/Corvette. I suppose those are sort of the competition. But then again so is the Camaro.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
C7 grand sport is the only thing that could pull me away from a s550 as of now. If I didn't currently use the back seat as much as I currently do I'd probably would of already made the move.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I leaned heavily toward the E92 M3 before I picked up my 2015 S550. I liked the 8k plus RPMs, but that engine only makes 29y lbs of torque. Also being a previous BMW owner I knew all too well about the constant maintenance of those cars. Completely satisfied w/the Coyote platform, so to me I made the right decision.

As far as the Camaro/Challenger I just prefer the Coyote Mustang with the DOHC with 32 valves.
Sponsored