Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Parked in the driveway, watched the rain start, heard thunder, the rain got harder. suddenly small pea sized hail...no biggie.
But then the wind picked up, rain going sideways..THEN bam the hail got bigger and wind whipped.........
Short story, really dented my car, at least 20 dimple like dents on hood and top and trunk lid.
I almost cried. At least no glass broke or cracked.
Almost!? I would have been using my body as a shield. :crying::frown:

The insurance adjuster would come out and she would say 'This is odd.' And I'd say yes, it's kind of late in the season for hail storms. And she would be like, 'No ... the whole car is covered in dents except for this big clear spot on the hood.' and I would be like ' that's where I lay crying the whole time it was happening' :crackup::cwl::crackup:
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Washed it with spotless water system and put it away. Early morning cars and coffee tomorrow:like:

DetroitMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
I know it hails a lot down in Texas and Oklahoma and they get much larger hail, BUT I've never seen hail like today here. It was too late to try to do anything,
I was getting ready to go to the market, 2 miles north of here, they got no hail there. :frown:

Last edited:

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry to hear all that, Detroit. I'm sure you'll get it fixed up pretty quick.

Sponsored

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
Parked in the driveway, watched the rain start, heard thunder, the rain got harder. suddenly small pea sized hail...no biggie.
But then the wind picked up, rain going sideways..THEN bam the hail got bigger and wind whipped.........
Short story, really dented my car, at least 20 dimple like dents on hood and top and trunk lid.
Sorry to hear that.

The Paintless Dent Repair places should be able to take care of that.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry to hear all that, Detroit. I'm sure you'll get it fixed up pretty quick.
Be sure to try a top-speed run before the repair: They say the dimples on a golf ball have a lot to do with how fast it goes.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Ouch. That sucks, man. I cringed reading that.

I live in TX and when the big storms are predicted if I’m not at home with it in the garage I start mapping out the closest parking garages or awnings if I need to make a quick getaway.

I hope you’re able to get it all fixed up!

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
What did I do today?
Carpro DLUX - hoping to get easier washings for a year or so.

What didn't I do?
- 3M Scotchgard Pro PPF
- Carpro UK 3.0 ceramic coating

Why didn't I do PPF?
- care and feeding of the PPF seems more costly than care and feeding of the OEM paint and clearcoat. Never in all the cool cars I've owned, have I owned a garage queen. I'm driving it while I own and and enjoying it, the next owner will have a used car one way or another.

Why didn't I do ceramic coating?
- reading the required maintenance on the ceramic coating reads exactly like the required maintenance of an OEM paintjob - only the products cost 3-5x more $$$ (Sonax Fallout Remover, Reload, etc etc). I'll save my money and stick with weekly 2-bucket washing, clay bar (towel), meguire's ceramic hybrid.

Hope that DLUX works and wasn't a waste of $$$ (Iron-X, Eraser, DLUX = $70 - way more than just using meguire's hybrid ceramic or armor all wheel protectant)
Bullitt wheel - DLUX 201906.jpg
I did PPF on the front bumper, and also the CQ UK 3.0. So far the maintenance on the xpel PPF has been...nothing. Just treat it like the rest of the car. The maintenance on the cquartz has been... weekly wash with 2 bucket method using reset, and using the Hydro2 Foam (lazy persons reload) once a month instead of reset. Still looks fantastic after 9 months.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I
Yes its from Beith . it's for the 19 .. hopefully get a chance to install it tomorrow.
I want one so bad but $1k is steep. Especially seeing the 15-17’s are about $250. The matte black carbon fiber is nice.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We added Pro Action Shocks & Struts to our Mustang ... & now we are putting them on sale!

1170x400_summer_2019_1.jpg
Sponsored