Sponsored

GT500 - will it be the balanced GT car I want?

2020 C8

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Get a ZR1. Its faster than your current stable. Has a removable hard top and enough luggage space to travel cross country.

It'll also decimate a road course and do well on the drag strip. The GT500 wont do as well as the ZR1 on the road course (weight, grip), but It may bring a fight at the drag strip or on the streets.
I think the 2020 C8 is going to make the C5/C6/C7 obsolete.
Especially in the traction department.
The C8's utility and comfort as a true GT car that the OP is looking for remains to be seen.

Can't wait until the car is unveiled in 3 weeks, and real world pricing of both the GT500 and the C8 are known.
Sponsored

2020 C8

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Remember, the gt350 was going to be 85k+ base msrp according to this forum
I'm hoping the GT500 and the GT350 have the same base prices, or the GT500 is less.
Considering the development money that went into the GT350, especially that flat plane crank engine, and the track focus of the GT350, there's no reason why the base GT500 can't be less.
Flame away. I don't care.

Frankly, I just want Ford to offer the DCT on the base Mustang GT, and I'd be happy.
If I buy a Mustang, it's going to be my daily driver.
I can add a TVS2650 and long tubes myself once the warranty is up.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the 2020 C8 is going to make the C5/C6/C7 obsolete.
Especially in the traction department.
The C8's utility and comfort as a true GT car that the OP is looking for remains to be seen.

Can't wait until the car is unveiled in 3 weeks, and real world pricing of both the GT500 and the C8 are known.
I initially was really excited for the mid engine Corvette, but after learning it will be DCT only I'm not very interested. Also, I'm worried that a mid engine configuration of the Corvette will be too hooked up on the street and not as much fun to drive. On the bright side, an american car with mid engine and V8 that might be made in significant numbers is a good thing. Maybe the manual transmission will come along in a year or two.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I'm hoping the GT500 and the GT350 have the same base prices, or the GT500 is less.
Considering the development money that went into the GT350, especially that flat plane crank engine, and the track focus of the GT350, there's no reason why the base GT500 can't be less.
Flame away. I don't care.

Frankly, I just want Ford to offer the DCT on the base Mustang GT, and I'd be happy.
If I buy a Mustang, it's going to be my daily driver.
I can add a TVS2650 and long tubes myself once the warranty is up.
The 10-speed is fine for the gt, slap that blower on and let the car eat.
Sponsored