Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
WOW That is just not right. I see your profession is sale. How long would your company last if you treated your customers like Ford has treated you.
Not long. As a sales-professional, it's hard to find the words at the moment. Silence....a moment of silence seems in order.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The VIN was the first prize i was waiting for. it never came.
VIN's and Window Stickers always come near the end of the process but did you ever receive a Vehicle Order Confirmation from your dealership shortly after providing your deposit?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
WOW That is just not right. I see your profession is sale. How long would your company last if you treated your customers like Ford has treated you.
Based his original post how do we know if the dealership even had a legitimate R model allocation?

Don't know about you but been there many times myself when the dealership said "Yes" we can get an allocation for you when in fact they had no idea.

This sounds like more of a dealership problem than the Ford Motor Company from what I can see.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Really sorry to hear this kind of news as been there numerous times myself and a real bummer after 4 months of waiting as you could maybe have latched onto another R somewhere else.

Back in 2011 I had $5000 deposits with dealerships in Arizona, Arkansas and South Carolina as I really wanted a 2012 Boss 203 Laguna Seca and in all cases my money was returned to me because of no allocations.

I certainly understand how you feel but would suggest to not give up quite yet as never say never and hopefully something will work out for you.

Are you looking for strictly an MSRP deal on a 2019 R?

:sunglasses:
I wouldn't be in sales if I gave up easy. :) I'm already working at finding another. I worked for a year to get that first, although useless, MSRP deal so it will be very difficult for me to throw money at my lack of patience. I do understand the value of time but I also "appreciate" depreciation enough to know I will likely grind away until I "win" or lose the passion. This particular car is something that has had my attention since 2015 and it isn't waning. At some point, it's all going to work out. For now, I will appreciate my patience as much as possible and stay open to the possibilities. If someone had the right car in my driveway right now, my wallet would start peeking.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
VIN's and Window Stickers always come near the end of the process but did you ever receive a Vehicle Order Confirmation from your dealership shortly after providing your deposit?
Yes, I did. Within a week or so if i recall. It allowed me the dealer code and order number so i could make a call once per week to FP to check up on it and get the same answer ever time..."on hold still". I was starting to look forward to Mondays....

Sponsored

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Based his original post how do we know if the dealership even had a legitimate R model allocation?

Don't know about you but been there many times myself when the dealership said "Yes" we can get an allocation for you when in fact they had no idea.

This sounds like more of a dealership problem than the Ford Motor Company from what I can see.
I wish Ford cared enough to clear that up.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I pinned them down twice after order regarding the "R" allocation and was told it was "confirmed by the Ford rep". It would have to be a near-conspiracy at the dealer as I spoke with multiple people including the owner - whom I spoke face to face with - my wife present. I never got the feeling I was being taken for a ride but...something stinks somewhere.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yes, I did. Within a week or so if i recall. It allowed me the dealer code and order number so i could make a call once per week to FP to check up on it and get the same answer ever time..."on hold still". I was starting to look forward to Mondays....
Certainly a VOC was a good start but remember a VOC is a document generated by the dealership and is not a confirmation of an allocation for a GT350 or an R from Ford.

As mentioned earlier I have had VOC's generated in my name by various dealerships confirming my name, all options, pricing, priority build code and the dealership code and as with yourself it all came to a sad end.

I would suggest that the FRAP will discontinue production for the 2019's within the next month but hopefully in the mean time you might find another 2019 R to your liking and if not I suggest that there will be a fairly quick transition over to the 2020 GT350/R's and 2020 GT500 sometime in September.

It is my understanding that the 2020MY will be the last for the GT350/R therefore if a 2019 R does not come to fruition hopefully a last year 2020 R might be on the horizon for you?

:)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Bit of a long shot but if I hear of an R model allocation for either a 2019 or 2020 I will reach out to you based on having been in your position a number of times over many years.

:)

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
This morning it said “ sent offsite “. Now it says this. Anyone know what this one is?
2E77CB11-3AB6-48CD-BB9B-5EC80DCDED16.jpeg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
This morning it said “ sent offsite “. Now it says this. Anyone know what this one is?
2E77CB11-3AB6-48CD-BB9B-5EC80DCDED16.jpeg
Bill, I would suggest that your R model was sent over to the Mod Shop in order to start the process for adding the CF wheels, CF rear spoiler, finish off the rear seat delete work and sometimes if they get backed up at the FRAP I understand that they even install OTT stripes from time to time.

Not long now and you are going to really enjoy this vehicle!

:like::like:

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (past cars: 2012 370z, 2013 GTR)
My non R was shipped on 5/10 and arrived at the rail yard in Phoenix at least 2 weeks ago that I know of. As far as I know it is still sitting in the parking lot of the rail yard. Do you have a drone we can go down together and check them out.

Hey, not sure if this helps, but my dealer finally confirmed that they were told the GT350/R were held in AZ for the shifter cable assembly fix. Sounds like they might be going through them now, as they said one of the GT350s they ordered arrived this morning. So hopefully all the cars stuck in AZ will get released soon.

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
I pinned them down twice after order regarding the "R" allocation and was told it was "confirmed by the Ford rep". It would have to be a near-conspiracy at the dealer as I spoke with multiple people including the owner - whom I spoke face to face with - my wife present. I never got the feeling I was being taken for a ride but...something stinks somewhere.
Barry, PPOOO1 helped me find my GT350 Non R at MSRP. If you really want to find one, I can tell you from personal experience, Harry is the one who could really help you locate your dream car. I ordered mine on 4/8, it went into production on 5/29, and it is currently ready to be offloaded at the rail yard in El Mirage, AZ for delivery to a local dealership near Phoenix. I will fly out and drive her back to California to break the engine in. Mine is going to be a daily driver. If you really want an R, Harry can find a dealership for you that will work with you.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Hey, not sure if this helps, but my dealer finally confirmed that they were told the GT350/R were held in AZ for the shifter cable assembly fix. Sounds like they might be going through them now, as they said one of the GT350s they ordered arrived this morning. So hopefully all the cars stuck in AZ will get released soon.
Thanks, I gave up on that one sitting in the Phoenix rail yard and found another one very close to my liking. The one that I was tracking along with another one are still at the rail yard waiting to be shipped to the dealer. I find it interesting that the one that I bought which was on the same rail car and 3 VIN numbers apart got sent to a dealer and is sitting in my garage. And on a side note I don't have any shifter problems. Good luck on yours I hope you don't have to wait much longer.
Sponsored

Last edited: