Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
I wonder what it would take to achieve that 3-series smooth ride with handling performance?
I have wondered the same thing Condor. One thing my Mustang has that the 3 series can't compete with is the rumble of that Coyote V8........unless you move up to an M version and that's a lot of $$$$$$$

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
I just received my set yesterday and i also got the ford performance jounce bumpers. They are 1/4 inch shorter than oem. When I saw the steeda bump stop video on youtube i noticed that theirs seemed even shorter ( for cars that have lowering springs).

Hey Anyone

Would i need to cut the ford performance bumpstops even more if i were to pair this set with steeda ultralite linear springs?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I just received my set yesterday and i also got the ford performance jounce bumpers. They are 1/4 inch shorter than oem. When I saw the steeda bump stop video on youtube i noticed that theirs seemed even shorter ( for cars that have lowering springs).

Hey Anyone

Would i need to cut the ford performance bumpstops even more if i were to pair this set with steeda ultralite linear springs?
Yes, make sure the bumps stops are at least one inch shorter than production.
The number one culprit in ride quality is not addressing the bumpstops.
Steeda Tech

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
I have wondered the same thing Condor. One thing my Mustang has that the 3 series can't compete with is the rumble of that Coyote V8........unless you move up to an M version and that's a lot of $$$$$$$

So my wife drives an m2 and because of this my lifes quest had become to do what i needed to so i can gain even half the confidence i have driving her car. Last week a buddy of mine drove down from Rochester NY to show me his new 718 Cayman base model. My life's quest immediately changed.
Dont get me wrong. This car with a proper suspension setup is an amazing and very very capable car. It's been proven many times. I just wish it weighed a lot less, engine was behind me, and the steering was like the Cayman lol. ( i've driven a gt350 and the 2018) .....Still not as good steering.

Hopefully these active dampers and linear springs will do the trick?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hope someone with 2016 (or identical years) GT PP stock springs and shocks posts a review of these.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Yes, make sure the bumps stops are at least one inch shorter than production.
The number one culprit in ride quality is not addressing the bumpstops.
Steeda Tech
So when you say "production," im assuming you mean oem? The ford performance kit is already 1/4 in shorter than oem. Would I need to cut ( an already 1/4 inch'ly cut bumpstop) more? What should the actual length of the cut bump stops be?

Below, Left is oem right is ford performance.

sorry Bill

353557-d51590213c89a5ea8e96258c8b59c9a1.jpg
IMG-2315.JPG

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Make sure the Ford performance stops are one inch shorter than the OEM stops that are removed.
Steeda Tech

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So my wife drives an m2 and because of this my lifes quest had become to do what i needed to so i can gain even half the confidence i have driving her car. Last week a buddy of mine drove down from Rochester NY to show me his new 718 Cayman base model. My life's quest immediately changed.
Dont get me wrong. This car with a proper suspension setup is an amazing and very very capable car. It's been proven many times. I just wish it weighed a lot less, engine was behind me, and the steering was like the Cayman lol. ( i've driven a gt350 and the 2018) .....Still not as good steering.

Hopefully these active dampers and linear springs will do the trick?
Well, when it comes to steering and handling, One thing people often overlook is an easy way to achieve some of that. Just putting better rubber on my GT was a huge improvement. And I know it sounds crazy, but putting a slightly stretched tire on my car actually feels better than an extra wide tire. For example, I now have SVE R350 19x10 rims squared. A square setup on the Mustang definitely feels nicer in handling than huge staggered setups, imo. And instead of going with a 285/35 tire like most seem to, I went with a 265/40 tire on a 19x10 rim, which gives me 1/2" of stretch over the recommended 19x9.5 rim.
They run this same setup on the rear of the Caymans from a few years ago (265's on 19x10 rims in the rear), and the slight angled stretch provides a slightly better feel in cornering than extra wide tires with vertical or angled out sidewalls. Just because you get more meat on a rim, doesn't necessarily mean it will handle or drive better. It all has to do with geometry.

Sponsored

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Well, when it comes to steering and handling, One thing people often overlook is an easy way to achieve some of that. Just putting better rubber on my GT was a huge improvement. And I know it sounds crazy, but putting a slightly stretched tire on my car actually feels better than an extra wide tire. For example, I now have SVE R350 19x10 rims squared. A square setup on the Mustang definitely feels nicer in handling than huge staggered setups, imo. And instead of going with a 285/35 tire like most seem to, I went with a 265/40 tire on a 19x10 rim, which gives me 1/2" of stretch over the recommended 19x9.5 rim.
They run this same setup on the rear of the Caymans from a few years ago (265's on 19x10 rims in the rear), and the slight angled stretch provides a slightly better feel in cornering than extra wide tires with vertical or angled out sidewalls. Just because you get more meat on a rim, doesn't necessarily mean it will handle or drive better. It all has to do with geometry.

Good info on the tires. Something to consider next time around.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what it would take to achieve that 3-series smooth ride with handling performance?
I would guess Magneride with aftermarket controller (www.ridetech.com). The Ford programming isn't bad, just not all that good IMO. The GM Camaro/Corvette tuning is impressive.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure the Ford performance stops are one inch shorter than the OEM stops that are removed.
Right, because the lowering springs robbed the shock of 1" of travel and you need to give it back by chopping the bump stops. Does the shock piston crash into the other end of the body should there be no bump stop? Or are we just protecting the exposed shaft end of the cylinder from impacting the shock mount?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Right, because the lowering springs robbed the shock of 1" of travel and you need to give it back by chopping the bump stops. Does the shock piston crash into the other end of the body should there be no bump stop? Or are we just protecting the exposed shaft end of the cylinder from impacting the shock mount?
In a severe case and extremely lowered S550 it may crash, but before that point the suspension gets into bind and the camber arm may contact the chassis.
Steeda Tech
Sponsored