Sponsored

Stock Pzeros, Wheel Hop Help

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
From what I hear, and based on the fact that my winter tires are fine, it's my understanding that the stock Pzeros on my '17 GT PP Premium are not the best for launches. I don't track my car, but I do occasionally like to have some fun on the street and parking lots, and with my winter tires that was easy to do - rev to 1500 and quickly release the clutch and step on the gas and off I'd go with some tire tracks (didn't do it very often of course). I am finding I can't do this with these summer tires or else I get a magnitude 9.0 earthquake in the car and immediately back off. Is there anything I can do outside of getting aftermarket suspension parts or different tires to be able to launch better?
Sponsored

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
From what I hear, and based on the fact that my winter tires are fine, it's my understanding that the stock Pzeros on my '17 GT PP Premium are not the best for launches. I don't track my car, but I do occasionally like to have some fun on the street and parking lots, and with my winter tires that was easy to do - rev to 1500 and quickly release the clutch and step on the gas and off I'd go with some tire tracks (didn't do it very often of course). I am finding I can't do this with these summer tires or else I get a magnitude 9.0 earthquake in the car and immediately back off. Is there anything I can do outside of getting aftermarket suspension parts or different tires to be able to launch better?
unfortunately there is nothing you can do, the stock PP tires are just that bad.

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
What is it about them - Too hard? Too sticky? What kind of tire won't do this, besides winter tires? Since I don't track my car I was probably going to get all seasons instead of a summer tire, would that help?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
They do what they made for..stick. .want some tires to spin go find some conti or Goodyear.

Shadow17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What is it about them - Too hard? Too sticky? What kind of tire won't do this, besides winter tires? Since I don't track my car I was probably going to get all seasons instead of a summer tire, would that help?
I have 295 nitto invo's on some different wheels and before I did all the suspension locking it still stopped hopping near as bad. Really anything that isn't those stock Pirelli's will give you what you want.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
That is really cheap but I'll probably run mine until they're shot.

What about dropping the PSI on them?

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
YES,It's easy, don't press so hard on the throttle,.that is the little pedal on the right side.hope this answers your question. LOL.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Mine dont hop. If they are cold they might. Could be your suspension if it's a base model that setup hops like crazy no matter what the tire.

OP
OP

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Mine dont hop. If they are cold they might. Could be your suspension if it's a base model that setup hops like crazy no matter what the tire.
No, as mentioned I have the performance package. Looks like you have aftermarket suspension components.

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
That is really cheap but I'll probably run mine until they're shot.

What about dropping the PSI on them?
Mine (pzeros) nearly killed me - terrible terrible tyres. Michelin pilots are the way to go.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
No, as mentioned I have the performance package. Looks like you have aftermarket suspension components.
Stock suspension they hopped. I've heard others even with PP same issue. The FRP track suspension kit got rid of the hop entirely.
Sponsored