bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Nascar and Pro Stock (NHRA) still use iron blocks.
Spoken like a blathering fool who doesn't know the rules for NASCAR.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Norm, we're getting stomped by the ls........those things are like maggots on a corpse.

The Coyote just isn't the go to engine of choice for the masses.
Sales results says you're wrong for the billionth time. And I'll stop you before you start: drag guys who do custom builds and engine swaps are NOT 'the masses'. Get a clue. You're as sheltered as they come.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sales results says you're wrong for the billionth time. And I'll stop you before you start: drag guys who do custom builds and engine swaps are NOT 'the masses'. Get a clue. You're as sheltered as they come.
And Ford has sold a lot of crate Coyotes

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm Peterson said: ↑
How's about a significantly shorter stroke and an OHC conversion of some sort???
Norm, we're getting stomped by the ls........those things are like maggots on a corpse.

The Coyote just isn't the go to engine of choice for the masses.
Try to read what I typed instead of what you were hoping to hear. I said absolutely nothing about the Coyote.

So I'll try again . . . what if you started with this 7.3, cut about half an inch out of the stroke, and threw away all those pushrods. Maybe cut the deck height back a bit, maybe not. Don't you think that 6.5-ish liters of OHC V8 (properly developed) would have all those 6.2 LS engines for breakfast? Even if the OHC was only a 3-valve?

Norm

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Norm Peterson said: ↑
How's about a significantly shorter stroke and an OHC conversion of some sort???

Try to read what I typed instead of what you were hoping to hear. I said absolutely nothing about the Coyote.

So I'll try again . . . what if you started with this 7.3, cut about half an inch out of the stroke, and threw away all those pushrods. Maybe cut the deck height back a bit, maybe not. Don't you think that 6.5-ish liters of OHC V8 (properly developed) would have all those 6.2 LS engines for breakfast? Even if the OHC was only a 3-valve?

Norm
Norm, it will end up just being too wide.....
I do agree with you, but Ford will never do it.
The Mustang will never get it's own engine platform.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Sheltered.....you need to go racing at both of our favorite venues.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I do, regularly. Never have I ever seen a S550 LS swap, or even an 11+ S197 LS swap. I'm sure there's a couple that exist, but those are insignificant data points in a sea of hundreds of thousands.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I have been to lots of tracks, seen lots of cars. LS swap mustangs not that common. I will be at Route 66 in Joliet in July. I'll keep an eye out for how many non ford powered fords there are there

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I have been to lots of tracks, seen lots of cars. LS swap mustangs not that common. I will be at Route 66 in Joliet in July. I'll keep an eye out for how many non ford powered fords there are there
Knock it off........Most Stangs at the strip now days are ls powered.
Just go to Yellow Bullet or Competition Plus for internet verification.
These are drag racing forums by the way.

Being a Ford guy......they take great pleasure proving this fact over and over and over and.....

So while at the strip.......be honest with yourself.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6

Being a Ford guy......they take great pleasure proving this fact over and over and over and.....

hahaha

I used to hit the strip every Friday night. I participated in a traveling racing series from 08-10. Only rule was no throttle stops. Not 1 of the mustangs in the series was LS powered. We had classes from 13.50 down to 8.60 Not 1 LS powered mustang participated, And Mustangs by far were the most common car being raced.

Shadow17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
hahaha

I used to hit the strip every Friday night. I participated in a traveling racing series from 08-10. Only rule was no throttle stops. Not 1 of the mustangs in the series was LS powered. We had classes from 13.50 down to 8.60 Not 1 LS powered mustang participated, And Mustangs by far were the most common car being raced.
Yea but the ones in the 1320video youtube vids are LS powered, therefore they all are.. duh

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

Sure, guy who doesn't even know the basic rules of NASCAR. We totally believe you.