Sponsored

Cvf downpipe not what i was expecting!!!!!!!!

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Im sure everyone on here already knows about cvf products and just how good they are. Lets not forget about their award winning customer service with Jason. But for those who doesn't know well here it goes.
I was in the market for a downpipe and the prices on these things are expensive. So as i am on the forum i reading about all the different downpipes out their for my 18' mustang ecoboost. I came across cvf downpipe and thought first this is to good to be true, second for the price it must be a crappy product and a company with horrible customer service. Boy was I completely wrong on all of it. First and foremost I would like to thank Jason who was with me every step of the way for installation problem diagnosis and suggested solutions. Every time I contacted him he responded no matter what time or day. Next man this downpipe is hella good quality and the noticeable difference in sound and performance impact. I have this thing mated with a mbrp race axel back and this thing just sounds mean af. The performance upgrade was instantly noticeable, and this is without a tune. My mustang has a alot more pep in its step. Thank you for the good ol people at cvf for such a affordable quality product. Thank you to the person who designed it the person who made and welded it and most of all thank you for being their whenever I needed help
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same experience. Kudos to the staff at CVF.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
For the EB-disabled, can someone explain what a down-pipe does?

I'm considering switching to an EB vert.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Downpipe is the “exit” of the turbo and start of the traditional exhaust. It typically houses the catalytic converter and is often subject to horrible design and is pinched or necked down, which robs power.

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible

I have an EB vert, its amazing. Especially if you get a lot of good weather where you live!

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Downpipe is the “exit” of the turbo and start of the traditional exhaust. It typically houses the catalytic converter and is often subject to horrible design and is pinched or necked down, which robs power.
How? A down pipe lets the turbo spin freer and increases boost and responsiveness?

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
The sequence is Exhaust manifold-exhaust side of turbo-downpipe-midpipe-resonator-mufflers on the ecoboost. The stock dowwnpipe has a really restrictive catalytic converter and it is a small diameter pipe (2.5" i believe?). Most of the aftermarket downpipes are 3" which allows more air to move from the engine out the back of the car more easily. This allows for more air through the exhaust pipes to spin the exhaust side of the turbo quicker, bringing on power a bit quicker.

Also, with most of the aftermarket downpipes you will get a little more turbo noise (if that is your thing).

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Im sure everyone on here already knows about cvf products and just how good they are. Lets not forget about their award winning customer service with Jason. But for those who doesn't know well here it goes.
I was in the market for a downpipe and the prices on these things are expensive. So as i am on the forum i reading about all the different downpipes out their for my 18' mustang ecoboost. I came across cvf downpipe and thought first this is to good to be true, second for the price it must be a crappy product and a company with horrible customer service. Boy was I completely wrong on all of it. First and foremost I would like to thank Jason who was with me every step of the way for installation problem diagnosis and suggested solutions. Every time I contacted him he responded no matter what time or day. Next man this downpipe is hella good quality and the noticeable difference in sound and performance impact. I have this thing mated with a mbrp race axel back and this thing just sounds mean af. The performance upgrade was instantly noticeable, and this is without a tune. My mustang has a alot more pep in its step. Thank you for the good ol people at cvf for such a affordable quality product. Thank you to the person who designed it the person who made and welded it and most of all thank you for being their whenever I needed help
Grateful for the kind words!

We try to make ourselves available to help the folks who take a chance on us as quickly as possible, and it's nice to see it's making an impact.

Can't thank you enough for the confidence!

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also running the CVF catted downpipe with the MBRP Race catback exhaust, 3" all the way from the turbo to the back. Extremely pleased with the much deeper (and louder) exhaust note as well as the increase in performance.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have an EB vert, its amazing. Especially if you get a lot of good weather where you live!
True dat. I was able to drive to work topless two mornings last week, and this is the deep south! Today, we're back to "air you can wear". :frown:

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The sequence is Exhaust manifold-exhaust side of turbo-downpipe-midpipe-resonator-mufflers on the ecoboost. The stock dowwnpipe has a really restrictive catalytic converter and it is a small diameter pipe (2.5" i believe?). Most of the aftermarket downpipes are 3" which allows more air to move from the engine out the back of the car more easily. This allows for more air through the exhaust pipes to spin the exhaust side of the turbo quicker, bringing on power a bit quicker.

Also, with most of the aftermarket downpipes you will get a little more turbo noise (if that is your thing).
I am surprisingly satisfied at the morning turbo spooling. Nice little whine, not obnoxious.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I suppose I don't want to know what a decent down-pipe costs.

OP
OP
Akingn88

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
depends on your definition of decent

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
and your budget tells you what decent things you can afford. :)
Sponsored