One Piece After Market Driveshaft

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on the fence about if I need it or not. My car is a DD(drive to work 2 to 3 days a week 80 miles round trip) when I don't work from home. I am also in debate on trading her in soon for something else. Ugg!
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I'm on the fence about if I need it or not
You don’t need it.

This is an “I WANT IT” kinda thing.

I went into this knowing full well that less rotating mass = performance increase.

I’ve said it before, you do feel the gains. They are real, they are noticeable and it gives this car an American Muscle feel to it that the Ford Powder Puff Team tuned out.

Reactions: A7X

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I went into this knowing full well that less rotating mass = performance increase.

I’ve said it before, you do feel the gains. They are real, they are noticeable
Agreed. Faster to the higher rpms (where these cars shine) and instant response. I saw some reviews claimed .2 off the 1/4 with no other changes. Not sure about that personally but that was on pre 18 vehicles so would like to put that to the test in drag mode at the track.

Chris1229

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Performance Pack 1 Mustang GT 401A 10r80
All of this great info guys. Definitely
Since you are on the topic of driveshafts ... wanted to share a video review Bran did on the Steeda driveshaft:

Yes, shameless plus :)
All of this great info guys. Definitely considering a 1 piece Steeda unit in the near future! I have ordered tons $$$$ of parts in the past few weeks from Jigar over at Steeda great guy to work with!!!

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I saw some reviews claimed .2 off the 1/4 with no other changes.
Kelly @ BMR and forum member Wildcatgoal deserve credit for bringing attention to Shaftmasters Driveshafts.
These two guys made the decision easy when surveying the landscape of S550 One Pc. driveshafts.
If memory serves correctly Kelly tested for Shaftmasters and that 2/10’s E.T. reduction was backed up with more than a few laps down the 1320.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Kelly @ BMR and forum member Wildcatgoal deserve credit for bringing attention to Shaftmasters Driveshafts.
These two guys made the decision easy when surveying the landscape of S550 One Pc. driveshafts.
If memory serves correctly Kelly tested for Shaftmasters and that 2/10’s E.T. reduction was backed up with more than a few laps down the 1320.
The review I saw was actually for QA1 CF but same principle. Lighter weight plus stronger than stock to safe guard for later power adders. My decision was also persuaded by the fact Shaftmasters doesnt make one for the 18+ A10.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did any of you notice improvements at the drag strip after installing a lightweight driveshaft? If so, please share details.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Did any of you notice improvements at the drag strip after installing a lightweight driveshaft? If so, please share details.
Too hot for strip at the moment. 112 out today. See improvement in regular driving will definitely see improvement in drag mode in the quarter. Some reports of .2 off 1/4 times in some reviews even, though have not validated that personally yet.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Agreed. Faster to the higher rpms (where these cars shine) and instant response. I saw some reviews claimed .2 off the 1/4 with no other changes. Not sure about that personally but that was on pre 18 vehicles so would like to put that to the test in drag mode at the track.
One would assume that if its faster to the higher RPMs and there is no clutch slippage or wheel spin then it would have to be quicker on the 1/4.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
One would assume that if its faster to the higher RPMs and there is no clutch slippage or wheel spin then it would have to be quicker on the 1/4.
Definitely not arguing that logic just not able to quantify currently.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
The old bum-o-meter is a good indicator sometimes.
it can also lie, lol. I've added mods that made the car seem faster but it was the same or slower (switched the torque curve). I am after every single tenth in et for the strip so its tempting me to purchase the Steeda DS.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X