OBD still reading ”not ready” I have tried everything

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Good going, glad to see it worked out. I’m am in the same boat with a PBD tune as well. I have some time, so I decided to just put miles on it to see if it would happen, no dice. I think I have about 2000 miles now since the last time install and the O2’s are still incomplete.
Curious if you had to buy a Lund nguage? I’ve been using a HP Tuners Ngauge and cant stomach the idea of having to buy another for their tune. But it would be worth it if I can stop fretting about having a car that won’t pass the test.
SCT 4 is what I used... I did read a good thread on the HP Tuners site... it seemed like they had it figured out.... https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?50900-2014-Mustang-GT-Readiness-Monitor/page3 it is a very long thread... but had some interesting points...
Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
SCT 4 is what I used... I did read a good thread on the HP Tuners site... it seemed like they had it figured out.... https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?50900-2014-Mustang-GT-Readiness-Monitor/page3 it is a very long thread... but had some interesting points...
Thanks, while reading that link it came to me that I had read it before, heck I think I even sent the link to Rob at PBD last year when I was trying to pass. Not much I can do being that I’m at the mercy of the tuner. Damn wonder how Lund does on Procharger emissions tunes. I have an SCT X4, so as long as they can tune for that, I’ll only have to pay for a tune and then cross fingers that they know how to make it pass. Thanks again.

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks, while reading that link it came to me that I had read it before, heck I think I even sent the link to Rob at PBD last year when I was trying to pass. Not much I can do being that I’m at the mercy of the tuner. Damn wonder how Lund does on Procharger emissions tunes. I have an SCT X4, so as long as they can tune for that, I’ll only have to pay for a tune and then cross fingers that they know how to make it pass. Thanks again.
With the Whipple, I know they are very good... I would send them a note, give them all the details of your build and what you have tried... I am sure they will let you know. They told me that they were very confident that they could make it work... but couldn't go as far a as promise me anything... I bet they would rather tell you no, rather than the write countless tunes trying to get it to work... I would ask how many with this same setup have you been able to get to go ready... Have you tested the voltage on your O2's, have you done a smoke test (to test for leaks) or are there any exhaust leaks before the cats? Like I said if it likes what it see... it goes ready very fast. Lund did this with just three tunes with my setup and that included the base tune they started with. I good tuner knows what readings you need to have... a better tuner knows what changes you need to make to get there... the best tuners can read logs, then tell you what repairs you need to make!

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Bartly, we have the same system. Lund got mine to work with their emissions tune. I am stage II pc like yourself. I did put my cats back on, the beauty of running Cat deletes instead of headers :)

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Thank you for the insight.
I did give it 1 more ride home,and still the O2 and HO2 did not set.
I just flashed back to stock ,and then loaded the Ford Racing tune back in.
I bet driving it to the shop in the morning,letting it cool by lunch,then over to my guy for inspection that they all set.
I had a battery go down last year,and it only took a few shots up and down the highway with 1 cool down before they were all green.
If this works like I do believe it will, then my advice to others is to buy a charger kit that comes with a 50 state legal tune to use come inspection time.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bartly, we have the same system. Lund got mine to work with their emissions tune. I am stage II pc like yourself. I did put my cats back on, the beauty of running Cat deletes instead of headers :)
That’s good news, thanks for letting me know it can work. I have the factory cats still installed so I’m good there. Do you have the DW injectors?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
With the Whipple, I know they are very good... I would send them a note, give them all the details of your build and what you have tried... I am sure they will let you know. They told me that they were very confident that they could make it work... but couldn't go as far a as promise me anything... I bet they would rather tell you no, rather than the write countless tunes trying to get it to work... I would ask how many with this same setup have you been able to get to go ready... Have you tested the voltage on your O2's, have you done a smoke test (to test for leaks) or are there any exhaust leaks before the cats? Like I said if it likes what it see... it goes ready very fast. Lund did this with just three tunes with my setup and that included the base tune they started with. I good tuner knows what readings you need to have... a better tuner knows what changes you need to make to get there... the best tuners can read logs, then tell you what repairs you need to make!
Sounds like I just need to pony up and contact them and give them my details. A couple months back I pulled the supercharger and went back to stock and all the monitors were passing in less than 50 miles so I know the related sensors all work. I’ve checked the plumbing more times than I can count and don’t have any boost/vacuum leaks, so I should be good there. Thanks again for the info.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
That’s good news, thanks for letting me know it can work. I have the factory cats still installed so I’m good there. Do you have the DW injectors?
Yes, Im have DW 1000

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, Im have DW 1000
Cool, thanks. Yep that’s what I have too. I was afraid those were what was making it not pass, if your monitors are passing that eliminates that idea. Thanks again.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, Im have DW 1000
@jabrax Hey man, one more question if you don’t mind. When Lund got your tune to pass did all the monitors pass fairly quickly? When I pulled my supercharger off and returned to the stock tune a couple of months ago they all went green in less than 50 miles of driving.

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
@jabrax Hey man, one more question if you don’t mind. When Lund got your tune to pass did all the monitors pass fairly quickly? When I pulled my supercharger off and returned to the stock tune a couple of months ago they all went green in less than 50 miles of driving.
Yup, definitely less than 50. Two outings if I recall. I did some of the things described in the drive cycle like steady throttle on the highway, driving in traffic. The Fuel and evap were the last to set. I went out at 4am to have to streets to myself to set them doing the targeted drive cycles for them. I think the evap has to set in the first 30 mins after car as been setting

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Something I didn't think about until after. Did you remove the whole procharger setup, or just the stage 2 belt and put the stock tune on. I was wonder if that would work?

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Not to hijack the thread,but figured I would post up my findings.
Thursday night out of frustration I reloaded the ford racing tune.
Drove to my shop friday,20 miles,and back home another 20.It set 4 out of the 8.
This morning I went and put fuel in it to a little over 3/4 of a tank.Drove up and down the highway maybe another 10 miles.
2 more set.All that was left were the O2 and HO2.Drove down to my shop again which is near my inspection guy.Didn't set.
Let it cool about an hour and half,still nothing.Drove up and down the highway 1 more time,maybe 10 miles and BOOM.All green.
So all in all 75 miles,maybe 80.What I am not sure of is how many key cycles it needs,or does it need to fully cool down.
Put the new sticker on and then reloaded the PBD tune back in.
I know Rob has tried to help us,but I can't be jerking around with this everyday hoping something will work.My tag was up.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yup, definitely less than 50. Two outings if I recall. I did some of the things described in the drive cycle like steady throttle on the highway, driving in traffic. The Fuel and evap were the last to set. I went out at 4am to have to streets to myself to set them doing the targeted drive cycles for them. I think the evap has to set in the first 30 mins after car as been setting
Nice, thanks again for the info. I should say thanks again again, lol, I think I’ve asked you the same question before when you first got it passing. Anyway, that’s great to hear anyway. As far as going back to stock, I pulled everything as I had to take
It in to their Inspection lab for a full inspection (think guys with clip boards) due to failing the way I did (all the monitors were greyed out). I also have been wondering about just pulling the belt, probably would have to change back to stock injectors too, would think the stock tune wouldn’t play nice with the larger injectors.

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Okay... I changed tuners ... and within three tunes over 8 days... on the final tune it only took 21 miles over two days.... and I didn’t do any drive cycles other than go 40 for about 5 mins and for ten mins at 55...
Everything set that first day other than the O2’s. the O2 set the next morning after taking a 7 mile drive . Lessons learned... tuning is the key and these cars like 40 miles an hour to set just about everything... it all happens fast if you can hold that 40 mph... doing full drive cycles is a HUGE waste of time... I should know I did about 20 of them in a auto they take about 2 hours... everything sets very quickly if the car likes what it see...
4E235801-D5D4-43CA-97F9-1FA3D2D453C4.jpeg
Are those two NA secondary air and heated cat? What does NA mean, we dont have the sensor in car?
Sponsored