Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Will be available for shipping late next week. More info to follow.

Thank you,
Steeda Tech
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to how these work out, I know there was plenty of interest in them when the collaboration was first announced!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yep, this is something I'm really interested in. What I'd like to know, is if you will have a suspension kit with a set of progressive springs to drop it about 0.5-1.0".

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Yep, this is something I'm really interested in. What I'd like to know, is if you will have a suspension kit with a set of progressive springs to drop it about 0.5-1.0".
Yes we will! You can call Jigar at Steeda for your package pricing. [email protected]

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Based on the Koni Pro Active testing video from last year, does this new design provide an even smoother daily driving feel than the current Pro Action shocks in the comfort package?
it will provide a slightly softer ride quality, great choice for daily driving and occasional track events. If you are primarily into handling or track events I would recommend the Pro-actions.
Steeda Tech

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
it will provide a slightly softer ride quality, great choice for daily driving and occasional track events. If you are primarily into handling or track events I would recommend the Pro-actions.
Steeda Tech
Steeda's new Active line of shocks and struts feature patented frequency selective damping technology to address needs specific to the S550 Mustang IRS chassis. This new line was developed to offer superior ride and control experienced under the most brutal driving conditions. Unlike previous performance versions that offer firmer dampening, these units provide more control on rough surfaces by maintaining constant tire contact with the road surface. Combined with a set of Steeda lowering springs, the combo is the ultimate highway driving experience with amazing comfort and stable control. During hard launches, the rebound setting of the Active dampers limits front end rise resulting in quicker 0-60 times. During panic stops and hard braking, the compression characteristics limit front end dive. On corrugated surfaces where the OE originals allow the car to porpoise, these units maintain a consistent level ride. Co-developed with an OE manufacturer to Steeda specs, these dampers will provide life long predictable handling and consistent ride quality. Their durable coating will not corrode due to road salt or chip due to gravel and road debris. We tested these units under real world conditions on the gnarliest highways and bumpiest back roads of rural America. We are confident they are the absolute best performing option for your daily driven pony car.
Features and Benefits:
  • Proprietary Active valving ideal for safest control on rough surfaces
  • Superior ride on all surfaces
  • OE quality construction
  • Steeda engineered and battle tested
pro-active.jpg

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So which rear shock mount kit or size will fit these?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think I'll be ordering a full kit soon. Shocks, Struts, Steeda bump stops, Progressive springs, billet mounts, camber plates, dust covers, assembled.... ready to go.

Just let me get my new wheels installed first... to see how they look and handle.

Any 4th of July sales coming up? :fingerscrossed:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Are they valved to handle the dual-rate springs or will that rate overpower the damping? If so, what spring set would offer ~0.5" drop on an Ecoboost for amateur road-course (think VIR) HPDE efforts?

PS. please update your website for all spring listings to call out the rate of the spring.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So I bought a set of Steeda sport progressive springs 6 months ago and non adjustable pro actions about a month and a half ago. Everything is still sitting in their boxes in my garage, haven’t had the time to install. Now I wish I would have waited and not bought the shocks and struts.

Guessing these new dampers would pair well with your sport progressive springs? Might have to see if I can unload these non adjustable’s locally.

Doug
Sponsored