OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think what's really going to hurt the sales of this car and many others is the down turn of the economy.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see many people ponying up $9000 for this Hi-Po/handling pkg combo
Considering Steeda now (finally!) has their Pro-Active shocks available, Ford's premium ask is looking worse and worse.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Hmm, I tried Andriod Auto, and couldn't get to work at all. The Sync3 works fine without out for me, but I really would like to get the AA working as well. I'll check the Infotainment Sub to see if there is any help there.
There are a few idiosyncracies with first-time connection for Android Auto and Sync 3. You have to make sure AA is enabled on Sync 3 BEFORE connecting the phone, and after connecting the phone you have to authorize AA on the phone. Keep both screens on and unlocked while connecting the first time. If that doesn't work try a different data cable. Every time I've had connection difficulties I've resolved the issue with a different data cable.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
There are a few idiosyncracies with first-time connection for Android Auto and Sync 3. You have to make sure AA is enabled on Sync 3 BEFORE connecting the phone, and after connecting the phone you have to authorize AA on the phone. Keep both screens on and unlocked while connecting the first time. If that doesn't work try a different data cable. Every time I've had connection difficulties I've resolved the issue with a different data cable.
Thanks for te info. I'll give a try this weekend with a couple of different cables. And to keep on topic, I'd love to see one these new HiPos. And if I can get it with a drop top, might be a nice toy for the wife, although I would probably have to "test it out" some.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
For "safety." :fistbump:
And just to make sure everything is "working" properly. I'll need to check if for turbo whine. Usually happens at high rpm or under heavy load. Or at least that's what I read on the 6g forrum.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
For me the basic question is what are you going to use the car for. If you drive a lot for work and gas mileage is a consideration the Ecoboost might be a consideration. If your budget is limited then the Ecoboost is also a consideration. Other that those factors, the GT is the best option. Nothing beats the sound and torque of a V8.

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
For me the basic question is what are you going to use the car for. If you drive a lot for work and gas mileage is a consideration the Ecoboost might be a consideration. If your budget is limited then the Ecoboost is also a consideration. Other that those factors, the GT is the best option. Nothing beats the sound and torque of a V8.
What a narrow point of view. Enjoy your V8.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ok. Buy a base Ecoboost and spend the money on aftermarket parts which are far superior to Fords stuff and race the pant off the factory car. Just like true gear heads have been doing since the 50’s.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
I bought a 2019 PP 2 GT, but I can readily understand while someone, even me, would choose an Ecoboost, with the new performance upgrade. The engine has good low end torque and the car is significantly lighter on the front end. It should handle very well on the track. The sound will never be like the Coyote, but that is in the eye of the owner as to how important that factor is.

These threads tend to inspire tribalism. Gt 350 owners look down on GT owners who look down on Ecoboost owners. If I could afford it, I'd like to have one of each. I can't, so I bought the one that fits MY needs best.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I bought a 2019 PP 2 GT, but I can readily understand while someone, even me, would choose an Ecoboost, with the new performance upgrade. The engine has good low end torque and the car is significantly lighter on the front end. It should handle very well on the track. The sound will never be like the Coyote, but that is in the eye of the owner as to how important that factor is.

These threads tend to inspire tribalism. Gt 350 owners look down on GT owners who look down on Ecoboost owners. If I could afford it, I'd like to have one of each. I can't, so I bought the one that fits MY needs best.
Unfortunately he was basically sayin the same thing. There is a logic to buying the base car. I know this pisses everyone off. But park all 3 cars next to each other. Now someone tells you. You can have any one of the three for free. Anyone who is thinking straight. Will pick the GT350. No one is going to choose the base car with the least performance potential. That's not what the entry level car is for. The entry level car is the comuter. Its purpose is cheapest on insurance. Gets the best gas mileage. Yet still offers an enjoyable Mustang experience. It cant compete directly with the GT. Just like the GT will never be the top dog GT350.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Unfortunately he was basically sayin the same thing. There is a logic to buying the base car. I know this pisses everyone off. But park all 3 cars next to each other. Now someone tells you. You can have any one of the three for free. Anyone who is thinking straight. Will pick the GT350. No one is going to choose the base car with the least performance potential. That's not what the entry level car is for. The entry level car is the comuter. Its purpose is cheapest on insurance. Gets the best gas mileage. Yet still offers an enjoyable Mustang experience. It cant compete directly with the GT. Just like the GT will never be the top dog GT350.
Or, and yes I love my Mustang, if performance is the top priority then the choice would be a Corvette Z06. Or if money were no option a Mclaren P1. Or a Carrera or a .........
Sponsored