Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I would jump on this car in a heartbeat, before going to the base GT. Base GT is too basic, no modes, all clothes, blah blah blah. Yes, you have a 5.0L and the sound, but a boring cockpit.

Ford Performance could a tune that could get close to 400HP, but they won’t. That will be too close to a GT power. I’m sure tuners will get this car up there and it weights less than a GT.
Some people don't care about the bells and whistles and just want a V8. Cloth seats are perfect.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The 301A package wasn't available in 2015?

Yes, I have a base/PP1 2016 car. My 2012 GT was a "Premium" Track Pack car.

The base seats are much more comfortable, and Ford's pleather wears out quickly. I DD my cars, and the base seats aren't 1000 degrees on a hot day, they grip very good in the corners, and they're probably 100lbs lighter than the Premium seats.

I've also driven my car on a 2800 mile road trip, and I can assure you, the base seats provided amazing comfort. 11 hours at the wheel was pure comfort.

The modes IDGAF about. I shut all that stuff off every time I get in the car. Give me 0 nannies, and I'm happy.
The 301a package was NOT available until the 2018 cars.

So are you saying the base seats are more comfortable than the heated/cooled pleather seats? Have you spent any time with the premium seats? They're pretty comfy imo…
Some people don't care about the bells and whistles and just want a V8. Cloth seats are perfect.
That's fine, but it appears that a HP Ecoboost car will cost the same as a GT base to base or premium to premium. That's a hard sell!

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I must be a small percentage, I sat in base models, not a chance I’d ever buy one.

I’d take a weaker premium car over a base gt everyday. I’ve always believed a comfortable interior is key for enjoyable ride

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The 301a package was NOT available until the 2018 cars.

So are you saying the base seats are more comfortable than the heated/cooled pleather seats? Have you spent any time with the premium seats? They're pretty comfy imo…
Like I posted, I had the pleather on my 2012 GT. Albeit without the heating and cooling. IMO, leather scorches you when you get in on a hot day, wears very poorly, lets you slide around in the corners, and the fabric is just more comfortable to me.

I'm sure the pleather seats are comfortable, but I wouldn't want them for the reasons stated above.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
People will buy this and then make threads about how they run 87 because 91+ is too much money.
Exactly! People want sport car with 600hp, that runs in 87, with a low insurance and under $30,000.

It’s just not realistic.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Like I posted, I had the pleather on my 2012 GT. Albeit without the heating and cooling. IMO, leather scorches you when you get in on a hot day, wears very poorly, lets you slide around in the corners, and the fabric is just more comfortable to me.

I'm sure the pleather seats are comfortable, but I wouldn't want them for the reasons stated above.
The seats in the S197 cars compared to the S550 are COMPLETELY different...lol. As you know, the S550 seats have more bolstering everywhere compared to the S197 so the sliding around doesn't apply. Have to agree that leather obviously heats up more and wears worse than cloth, but some good quality leather conditioner goes a long way to keep seats nice.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I don't see an issue with the pricing, at all.
I'd rather own a 2.3 HPO, over a base GT. But then again, we know very little about the 2.3HPO actual numbers, or performance.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The seats in the S197 cars compared to the S550 are COMPLETELY different...lol. As you know, the S550 seats have more bolstering everywhere compared to the S197 so the sliding around doesn't apply. Have to agree that leather obviously heats up more and wears worse than cloth, but some good quality leather conditioner goes a long way to keep seats nice.
I have owned nothing but black cars with leather... the only reason leather gets old, is because people don't take care of it. We all know leather holds up very well, but not if you dry it out, or don't maintain it.

Mustang don't have pleather, they use leather. (Pleather is fake and you can't take care of it.)

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have owned nothing but black cars with leather... the only reason leather gets old, is because people don't take care of it. We all know leather holds up very well, but not if you dry it out, or don't maintain it.

Mustang don't have pleather, they use leather. (Pleather is fake and you can't take care of it.)
Mustangs have pleather. There is not a bit of cow-hide in them. It's all synthetic. The words "Genuine Leather" are a legal term, and that legal definition means actual cow skins, but it's of the lowest quality and is layered and processed. You'll note that Ford does not even claim it's leather is "Genuine" leather.

Real leather ages much better, and can be taken care of. The Mustang's pleather is basically a plastic over a spongy/mesh fabric, and there isn't much you can do to it to maintain it.

Want proof? Go through your interior and look for one bit of skin-rash, one place where the cow got cut on a fence, one elbow area where the skin is wrinkled, one place where a tick-bite scabbed over and created a scar. One panel on the seat that looks remarkably different from the panel next to it.

Ever own a real leather jacket? You can find all of that stuff on them. Plus, they're stiff as hell when new, and need to be "broken in" and softened. Much like a real leather baseball glove does.

Does any of the above sound like a Mustang "leather" interior? It's all synthetic "leather" in Mustangs.

Cars that use real, actual leather are few and far between. There's an interesting video on the production of Aston Martins, where the interior leather is laid out on a huge metal table, and the person that is getting ready to cut the leather uses a piece of chalk to circle the visible scars and wrinkles, so he can avoid them when he cuts the hide to the pattern. It appears that the amount of real leather usable for a car interior out of a hide isn't very high. Lots of scars and wrinkles to avoid.

I can guarantee you Ford doesn't have anyone doing that.

Last edited:

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
surely this turbo would be a direct drop in on 2019 and older mustangs

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
My 2019 base Ecoboost has 101A, PP, Magneride and AE. It cost the exact same price as a base GT. The interior of a base Ecoboost or a base GT isn't great at all. I chose the all in, in a base Ecoboost rather than a big engine without any gadgets. I love to say that for a price match even between an Ecoboost and a GT equiped the same way, I would still have went with the Ecoboost. I prefer the low end torque of the turbo and the cost of insurance, gas and license that are higher due to the V8 engine.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Mustangs have pleather. There is not a bit of cow-hide in them. It's all synthetic. The words "Genuine Leather" are a legal term, and that legal definition means actual cow skins, but it's of the lowest quality and is layered and processed. You'll note that Ford does not even claim it's leather is "Genuine" leather.

Real leather ages much better, and can be taken care of. The Mustang's pleather is basically a plastic over a spongy/mesh fabric, and there isn't much you can do to it to maintain it.

Want proof? Go through your interior and look for one bit of skin-rash, one place where the cow got cut on a fence, one elbow area where the skin is wrinkled, one place where a tick-bite scabbed over and created a scar. One panel on the seat that looks remarkably different from the panel next to it.

Ever own a real leather jacket? You can find all of that stuff on them. Plus, they're stiff as hell when new, and need to be "broken in" and softened. Much like a real leather baseball glove does.

Does any of the above sound like a Mustang "leather" interior? It's all synthetic "leather" in Mustangs.

Cars that use real, actual leather are few and far between. There's an interesting video on the production of Aston Martins, where the interior leather is laid out on a huge metal table, and the person that is getting ready to cut the leather uses a piece of chalk to circle the visible scars and wrinkles, so he can avoid them when he cuts the hide to the pattern. It appears that the amount of real leather usable for a car interior out of a hide isn't very high. Lots of scars and wrinkles to avoid.

I can guarantee you Ford doesn't have anyone doing that.
The seats are a combination of vinyl and leather, abeit a very cheap grade of leather. Usually the seating surfaces are leather and the bolsters and seat backs are vinyl.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The seats are a combination of vinyl and leather, abeit a very cheap grade of leather. Usually the seating surfaces are leather and the bolsters and seat backs are vinyl.
Source?

I've never seen any Ford marketing with the term "Genuine Leather" in it.
Sponsored