turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Yes, new design. Acts more like a normal gates tensioner.
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That should be like 12psi by 7k?
Who knows, I'm not concerned with boost pressure. 4.25 is easily doable on your fuel system with pump gas. As others said before, get some logs and send to tuner.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Figured I'd post a little update. Wound up getting a remote tune and ALL the little drivability quirks are now gone, no more weird idle revs to 1500 for no reason when the car is in neutral, and slow driving around parking lots and such is much better. Very happy about that. Knock issue appears to be gone now as well after a couple revisions. Interestingly enough - my MAF lb/min went up but it's still not in the 80's+, however I am getting like 65-70 by about 7000-7200rpm.

I think my expectations for how the PC would behave were apparently way off, 3rd gear doesn't even spin my tires and I'm still on stock 255 Kumho's. Currently looking to pulley down a bit on the blower, but also not wanting to go bananas since the motor is stock. Anybody have any info on how much boost the various pullies will produce on a stage 2 system with a p1sc? I'm currently leaning towards a 4.38 or 4.25, but finding concrete information is difficult to come by. I've seem some posts on here saying 3.85 gets people 14psi by 7k, and others saying they needed 4.25.
I'm not sure on the differences between how the 17' and the 18' motors react to the PC set up, but I can tell you that my P1SC Stage 2 kit was spinning my 305's going WOT at 55-60mph. I am now running 325's in the rear and they still spin at WOT in 3rd with the 10 speed auto. I have to do my WOT pull logs for Lund in 4th gear and still spin a little once boost really kicks in, and that is with 325's...

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I’ve considered that, best of both worlds from a centri and pd blower. That said it’d require custom fab that I can’t do. It might be something Ill upgrade to next year. I was just looking to get a bit more torque earlier on simply and cheaply right now.

Only downside about a WG setup is wouldn’t it require more belt tension hence more pressure on the crank?

I’m not so much concerned about what the dyno says and more how the car feels.
The wastegate adds no additional pressure to the crank; it is completely separate. I have been kicking around selling my wastgate setup. You can see it on my build thread. Works perfectly but I debating going to twins and right now I am making more whp than I can use on the streets right now so I really don't need it. I loved it when I was using it, smash and go, really wakes up the mid range! Think about it and let me know... You would need the red race valve though if you don't have it.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
OK, 4.25 pulley ordered along with a gates k080660hd. Will update after parts arrive and I get some logs.
@5hlucky is this on a D1X?
I just made the switch to a D1X and Red Race Valve from P1SC-1 . Went with a 4.5" pulley on the D1X stage 2 from a 3.85 on the P1SC-1.
Went backwards in the fast dept.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
@5hlucky is this on a D1X?
I just made the switch to a D1X and Red Race Valve from P1SC-1 . Went with a 4.5" pulley on the D1X stage 2 from a 3.85 on the P1SC-1.
Went backwards in the fast dept.
How much boost are you seeing on the D1X setup vs the P1SC setup? Even if running the same max amount of boost, the D1X takes a little longer to make it. P1SC will be stronger in the midrange while the D1X will really take off up top and that could be why your car feels slower. The D1X would definitely benefit from a wastegate if that is the case. If not then you may just need a smaller pulley on the D1X.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
No i'm on a p1sc...kicking myself I didn't spend the extra $200 for a p1x when I placed the order. :(

You put the p1 back on or go with a smaller pulley on the d1?
Folks have been 9.40s on a p1sc in a s550. Your goal faster than that? Not sure why one would want a big blower and turn it down when a smaller blower at full tilt yields the same result.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The wastegate adds no additional pressure to the crank; it is completely separate. I have been kicking around selling my wastgate setup. You can see it on my build thread. Works perfectly but I debating going to twins and right now I am making more whp than I can use on the streets right now so I really don't need it. I loved it when I was using it, smash and go, really wakes up the mid range! Think about it and let me know... You would need the red race valve though if you don't have it.
Why not turn up the D1? Put a 4.0 on it and take the wastegate off. Way cheaper than swapping to TT.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Why not turn up the D1? Put a 4.0 on it and take the wastegate off. Way cheaper than swapping to TT.
The D1 stops making steam just over 900whp. To even consider playing at TX2K I need to be above 1k. Twins come into play when I build a short block. D1SC just won’t get me there.

I’m not running the Wastgate right now. Making plenty of steam on just the 4.63 And E85. Once my converter gets here I’ll be able to make some passes to get where it’s really at; built trans is sitting waiting for it.

There is this pesky guy in Dallas @Black Dog that keeps giving me crap about how his TT setup will rape my D1... pretty sure he is right...

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
No def not looking to be at like a 9.50, I don’t have a set goal in mind. I just want the car to feel good in the mid range, like hitting the pedal at 3k roughly. Doing that in third gear right now doesn’t feel all that amazing. This also is a street car 99.9% of the time so I’m not spending a lot of time past 5k.
With a 4.75 on pump you are probably making 570whp, so yea not that amazing in a heavy car. My car went 9.80 at 141 on pump with a 4.0 fyi

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The D1 stops making steam just over 900whp. To even consider playing at TX2K I need to be above 1k. Twins come into play when I build a short block. D1SC just won’t get me there.

I’m not running the Wastgate right now. Making plenty of steam on just the 4.63 And E85. Once my converter gets here I’ll be able to make some passes to get where it’s really at; built trans is sitting waiting for it.

There is this pesky guy in Dallas @Black Dog that keeps giving me crap about how his TT setup will rape my D1... pretty sure he is right...
Put on a 4.0 and it may surprise you both...

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
yeah that's hauling the mail, for sure. anything over 130 in the 1/4 and i think i'd be happy. the car just feels a tad lazy in the mid range, hopefully a 4.25 will liven that up. worst case scenario i pulley down to a 3.85 and do a torque booster next year.
I think I went 137 on 4.25 and pump if I recall correctly

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
any other mods besides the p1sc? that seems absurdly fast.
All mods are in my sig. Can't see it from mobile device tho. Basically circle d converter, full exhaust and 2018 intake. It's all about optimization. Most folks never get the most out of their combo. I eek out all it's got. Fore fuel system, e85 and 3.7 pulley track times soon. I'm looking to be the quickest with a p1sc. No wastegate, letting it eat.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I bought this car with the p1sc already on it. U won't max out the p1sc, why have regrets not buying a bigger unit?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
P1x is gross. “Midrange” on command, but my converter flashes instant to at least 41-4200. The whole 3,000 midrange is just silly. Coyotes want to breathe at 7500+. I start seeing positive boost about that 4000 mark if I force it to lock the converter lower than that on like a 3rd gear data log pull.
Sponsored