Why did you buy your Bullitt?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
First off, I'm a die hard Mustang guy. This is #7. (65/88/88/03/05/15/19) So getting another Mustang was inevitable.

My reasons for getting a Bullitt:
#1: Color
#2: De-badged
#3: Exclusivity
#4: Time for new Mustang

I've wanted a dark green Mustang for years. I almost bought an '08, but my '05 was still a little too new. I would've preferred more of a Dark Highland Green, but I think the public in general likes this color more.

I hate that Ford makes it so hard to take off the emblems. I like to look just a little different.

Timing was just right because my '15 had a few small problems that bothered me. I also wanted the digital guages and the active exhaust. Everything else was just icing on the cake, but I LOVE all the extras I didn't even want. (more power, better handing, addictive sound, etc)
Sponsored

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
In the year 2019 regarding a production car from a major manufacturer like Ford makes me think the whole exclusivity thing is a pipe dream and not much more than a sales Marketing tactic.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
In the year 2019 regarding a production car from a major manufacturer like Ford makes me think the whole exclusivity thing is a pipe dream and not much more than a sales Marketing tactic.
How many Mustangs out there? How many of them are Bullitts?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On
How many Mustangs out there? How many of them are Bullitts?
I think the better question is why does anyone think there is really more than a superficial difference?
I mean it's a nice option package in fact one similar to what I did, but in no way does it make me want the exclusivity I'm supposed to be missing enough to sell mine. But, if I were shopping for a new one I'd probably buy one. All the FP mods I've done would already be there. Honestly, not having to worry about damage everytime something gets done/added to the car would have been a relief.
I suppose I look at it as the same candy with a different wrapper.
Tomorrow they'll be another until the redesign on the SUV platform comes out.

Last edited:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I think the better question is why does anyone think there is really more than a superficial difference?
I mean it's a nice option package in fact one similar to what I did, but in no way does it make me want the exclusivity I'm supposed to be missing enough to sell mine. But, if I were shopping for a new one I'd probably buy one. All the FP mods I've done would already be there. Honestly, not having to worry about damage everytime something gets done/added to the car would have been a relief.
The Bullitt is, I think, mostly marketed to those of us with an emotional tie to the movie. I was 14 when it came out and I saw it in an actual movie theater. I had never seen a car chase in a movie before, just some variations on the "Follow that car!" routine.

If you are looking at the Bullitt as just another collection of Mustang parts, then, I guess I understand your opinion. Those of us who saw "Bullitt" as a first-run feature look at the car much, much differently.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw the movie. I also saw the original Smokie and the Bandit but I have a 79 Formula not a T/A. As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. It's a great option package and looks great.
I apologize, but I have an aversion to being overly attracted by what I perceive as marketing and that probably won't make my response popular on this thread.
But value is in the eye of the beholder, and please disregard my cynicism as I mean no disrespect.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I saw the movie. I also saw the original Smokie and the Bandit but I have a 79 Formula not a T/A. As long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. It's a great option package and looks great.
I apologize, but I have an aversion to being overly attracted by what I perceive as marketing and that probably won't make my response popular on this thread.
But value is in the eye of the beholder, and please disregard my cynicism as I mean no disrespect.
EVERYTHING we buy--from cars to toilet paper--is marketed to us and everyone of us is susceptible to it to some extent. In the case of the Bullitt, I was a willing participant in the marketing effort.

I, myself, have an aversion to almost anything--like clothing--that advertises the maker prominently--think Polo, UnderArmour, or Addidas. One of the reasons I love the Bullitt is the removal of all the badging and probably one of the reasons I'd likely not be interested in a Shelby.

No offense taken by your previous comments.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EVERYTHING we buy--from cars to toilet paper--is marketed to us and everyone of us is susceptible to it to some extent. In the case of the Bullitt, I was a willing participant in the marketing effort.

I, myself, have an aversion to almost anything--like clothing--that advertises the maker prominently--think Polo, UnderArmour, or Addidas. One of the reasons I love the Bullitt is the removal of all the badging and probably one of the reasons I'd likely not be interested in a Shelby.

No offense taken by your previous comments.
I'm the same way. I also hate the loud brand name walking fashion billboard thing. But yeah, now that you mention it, I see how the badgeless Bullitt fits in the theme that we'd agree with. Not a fan of the big 5.0 logo on the fender either.
I'm just not a fan of making my car look anything but stock, so I wouldn't change or remove them.
Like I originally said, the Bullitt for me is the ideal package because I'd need or want to change nothing.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Manual
Dark shade of Green
More of a classy/retro styling than normal Mustang.

Only 2 way I'd improve:
Change Red calipers to Grey or Black, or GT350 brakes
Give it a PP2 handling package option. The car took a LOT of corners in the movie, why not let it handle better than just a normal PP1?

I think give it 9.5in square wheels with 275 all the way around, PP2 handling package and GT350 brakes would have made the car PERFECT. In reality there was no reason Ford couldn't have done that.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
On

I just look at it in the same candy with a different wrapper kind of way.
Tomorrow they'll be another until the redesign on the SUV platform comes out.
Agreed - I like the Bullitt version but I like my Magnetic PP GT a whole lot more - and I'm a huge fan of the movie. I don't need this car to feel the link - in fact I watch Bullitt probably once per month - my GT/movie GT - gotta love it.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Hard to describe. I've always been anal about buying new cars because of the depreciation. I've had several mustangs and modded them and had fun. My older brother had a plum crazy 1970 roadrunner new and though not a car guy absolutely loved that car. Never forgot it even after 45 years. He convinced me to buy it new.

I let him drive it last week and he said. "This is better than any other cars you've owned"

The color is a big part of it for sure. But unlike the 2009 I owned, this car really is spectacular. Magneride and the exhaust is incredible

Jinglez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Loved the movie, Love the exhaust/colour/image, wanted American Muscle for ages (and almost bought a Challenger R/T Scat Pack in Black) and loved that it would be RHD - I never want to sell it!

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
I pick mine up in 2 hours and 55 minutes. Not that I'm excited or counting or anything.

To me, the Bullitt was just the most complete, most special, package. I live in Toronto, and there are tons of Mustangs around, all that look pretty well the same. 90% are black or grey with black wheels. To have a Mustang perfectly equipped out of the box, no mods needed, to me is perfect.

I'm gonna run it forever. I hope to be the first guy to hit 250,000 miles in one.

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
I'm gonna run it forever. I hope to be the first guy to hit 250,000 miles in one.
Congratulations You'll Love it

I'm 2 months in today, 5200 miles. I might be the first one to 500,000 miles LOL