Sponsored

18 Whipple drag radial tire pressure for street pulls?

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
I have a 2018 stage 1 whipple with 305/35/19 NT05R's. What tire pressure are people running for pulls on the street? I only need information pertaining to the street. I have viewed threads about the track already, can't seem to find much for the street. Also looking to hook during rolls, not from a dig.
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I have a 2018 stage 1 whipple with 305/35/19 NT05R's. What tire pressure are people running for pulls on the street? I only need information pertaining to the street. I have viewed threads about the track already, can't seem to find much for the street. Also looking to hook during rolls, not from a dig.
Mine will hook at 40-45 in 3rd gear@25 psi
You have to put shifter in sport then paddle to 3rd or it will downshift to 2nd and spin. As soon as you mash it click shifter in drive and let it eat. I have it turned down to 750 whp for the street

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Mine will hook at 40-45 in 3rd gear@25 psi
You have to put shifter in sport then paddle to 3rd or it will downshift to 2nd and spin. As soon as you mash it click shifter in drive and let it eat. I have it turned down to 750 whp for the street
Ok, cool. This is the type of response I was looking for, and just to clarify by let her eat you mean you mash straight to WOT and don't ease in correct?

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Ok, cool. This is the type of response I was looking for, and just to clarify by let her eat you mean you mash straight to WOT and don't ease in correct?
Bring it up to 4000 in 3rd and smash it. I’m running MT SS 305/35R19, but your Nittos should hook

Mikeextrafast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT premium performance package
I want to roll about 20 mph in 3rd then hit it but can’t get the trans in 3rd at a low roll ..any tricks

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Bring it up to 4000 in 3rd and smash it. I’m running MT SS 305/35R19, but your Nittos should hook
I tested this out today, around 45mph in 3rd, car hooked and just went. Car flys and it works like a charm. I only have around 640whp (so less than you)right now and probably a little less than that because it was 85 degrees, sunny and around 50% humidity when I did some test pulls. I only went down to 29psi (after they were heated from driving) on the tires and made sure the car had been driven about 10 or more miles before the pull. I think this should still work after my next mods which should put me closer to 700 wheel. If not I'll drop a few psi. This evening I might even try a 2nd gear roll at a little lower mph.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I tested this out today, around 45mph in 3rd, car hooked and just went. Car flys and it works like a charm. I only have around 640whp (so less than you)right now and probably a little less than that because it was 85 degrees, sunny and around 50% humidity when I did some test pulls. I only went down to 29psi (after they were heated from driving) on the tires and made sure the car had been driven about 10 or more miles before the pull. I think this should still work after my next mods which should put me closer to 700 wheel. If not I'll drop a few psi. This evening I might even try a 2nd gear roll at a little lower mph.
Hopefully this works or worked for you. The last time I hit it in 2nd on the street, I was at about 20-25mph and it lit the tires and shifted to 3rd still spinning and I nearly put it in the ditch.

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Hopefully this works or worked for you. The last time I hit it in 2nd on the street, I was at about 20-25mph and it lit the tires and shifted to 3rd still spinning and I nearly put it in the ditch.
I never ended up trying any lower, it was plenty fun from 45. Even with suspension mods, you fishtailed?

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I never ended up trying any lower, it was plenty fun from 45. Even with suspension mods, you fishtailed?
Yeah man. It spun hard in 2nd, shot straight to 7800, shifted into 3rd and went sideways. I let off and straightened it out, but it was hairy for a second

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
Yeah man. It spun hard in 2nd, shot straight to 7800, shifted into 3rd and went sideways. I let off and straightened it out, but it was hairy for a second
Geez, I thought that when you eliminated the wheel hop, that helps you just spin in a straight line if you do spin. Did you have traction control on?

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Geez, I thought that when you eliminated the wheel hop, that helps you just spin in a straight line if you do spin. Did you have traction control on?
No. All the way off (Advancetrac). If you leave it on, it will cut power on shifts. Maybe better for the street, but I like it off. Just have to be in 3rd@40-45. No issues

OP
OP

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
No. All the way off (Advancetrac). If you leave it on, it will cut power on shifts. Maybe better for the street, but I like it off. Just have to be in 3rd@40-45. No issues
Yeah, I always turn it off also. Just figured with it off you would be able to ride out the spin better. I always heard leaving it ON can put you in the ditch.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Yeah, I always turn it off also. Just figured with it off you would be able to ride out the spin better. I always heard leaving it ON can put you in the ditch.
Yeah, I would never leave it on. When it was NA, it was no problem keeping it straight even in 1st & 2nd, but it’s a different animal now and the power/torque hits so fast. Have fun & be safe!

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
I have the nt05r but i have a manual car. Warm them up and set it to 20psi. Theyre 315/35/20 tho
Sponsored