Sponsored

How did you decide on mustang

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My wife and I wanted a nice convertible as a third car. They can get crazy-priced looking at European models. We decided on the Mustang with the adult engine.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a lexus is 350 back in 2006 it ended having 6 recalls on it. This was a car built in Japan that i had to wait to be delivered..after going through all that i decided to go back to my roots with American muscle. Test drive the challenger, wanted to test drive the Camaro but no salesman came out to greet me, so i left, went and test drove a 2010 gt.. and traded my Lexus in on it. I’ve had an 04 gt a 2012 gt and now a 16 gt..

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Drove the V6 and really liked it and wondered what the GT would be like.

Drove the GT Premium with NAV and was blown away. :sunglasses:

At that point there was no reason to drive the Ecoboost and/or buy one of these without the 5.0

Drove the GT with PP and was not impressed or overwhelmed with it :frown: and wow I hate black wheels. I'll never understand the PP love here.

Bought the GT Premium with NAV :sunglasses:

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Drove the GT with PP and was not impressed or overwhelmed with it :frown: and wow I hate black wheels. I'll never understand the PP love here.
Was with you until then. 2016 (and other MY) PPs offered those wheels in nickel (silver). I have no use for black wheels either.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
graduated high school in 01 and went looking for a toy to go along with my dad's 57 chevy we resto'ed. went to look at a couple mid 90s f-bodies and came up empty handed. didn't like the drive, the price or the fact that half the engine is under the dash making them a PITA to work on. on the drive home after a long day of dealer shopping, saw this red SN95 on the side of the road and decided to give it a look. 94 GT laser red auto w/ grey leather only 30k miles...gave $200 to the guy within an hour and told him i'll be back the next day to buy it. fell in love with the sn95 ever since. sold that one, bought another 94gt that already had a bunch of stuff done to it and still own it today (do something to it every year). was DD'ing a g35x sedan and wanted to get back into a muscle car as a DD since we got the wife a f150 lariat. looked at camaros and hated how you can't see out of them and the styling is meh. drove a challenger and wasn't impressed not to mention fugly. thought about a charger, but again, wasn't impressed. loved the s550 body and pulled the trigger on ordering one back in march last year. 3.5 months later took delivery and never looked back. love it

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Gen3 plus e85/tune plus A10 equals easy 11 second quarters in a pp1 setup more for handling than drag. Easy decision. :).

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Was with you until then. 2016 (and other MY) PPs offered those wheels in nickel (silver). I have no use for black wheels either.

They didn’t have any PPs with silver wheels on all the lots I looked at and I didn’t like 1st gear on the PP. YMMV

Last edited:

TheTrekNerd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
My first car was a 1969 Mustang GT. It was 1980. After that came a 1969 428 SCJ Mach 1, and a few more after that. Then I got married and the fun went away. A few years ago I got divorced and picked up my mustang life where I left off, with a 2014 GT which reminds me a lot of the 1970.

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I wanted an inexpensive, fun car, that I could use as my DD, and a few HPDEs per year, and was easy on the eyes. I considered a BRZ, WRX, and the Ecoboost Stang. The BRZ was the best true sports car of the three, but just too small for everyday use, including weekend trips with my wife's luggage. Plus it makes about as much torque as a riding mower. The new WRX sedan is just ugly as sin, but practical and a good performer. It left the 2018 Stang. This is the first American car I have ever bought/owned in over 30 years of car buying. The Mustang landed on my radar for two reasons; 1) In 2014 I purchased a '86 944 Turbo. This opened my eyes to the potential of a front engined, turbo 4 cylinder car. 2) When Ford introduced the S550 in 2015, it was finally a modern car through and through, i.e., a bigger 944 Turbo. So far, I am extremely happy with my decision to get the Stang.

ddeluce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special with Power Pack 1
I always wanted a Mustang. When I was a boy my Dad had a red on red '65 with a 289, 4 bbl, and 3 speed auto. Later on he had a '72 fastback with a 351, 2 bbl, and 3 speed auto. That one I got to drive occasionally, but it was not a particularly good car, overweight with sloppy handling and poor fuel economy. For many years I needed to have more practical transportation, and couldn't afford to have a Mustang as an extra fun car. Well, now I can, so I did finally get one. Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Sponsored

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
I always wanted Mustang. It was a matter of time. But what surprised me was a time.
I wanted to wait "one more car". So about 3-5 years. I wanted to get Focus ST (RS was to hard to find) and then get Mustang.
It was because of finances. I wanted to be more responsible.

But in Europe a war on CO2 and "fun cars" is going strong. Prices of this kind of cars are going up. Environment taxes are skyrocketing. I knew that it is now or never. So here I am, waiting (just 2 more months) to get my car. I will get my dream V8 Mustang soon.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my 5.0 mustang when I turned 50 last year. Get it.. See what I did there...
Sorry I don't get it. You purchased a 5.0 when you turned 50? Oh I get it. :) Just playing with you. What happens when you turn 60?

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Mitsubishi 3000 GT Vr4 as my summer sports car. Loved that car but with 140K miles and a real shortage of parts available I sold it to a guy in Las Vegas. Loved the new S550 Mustang body and IRS. So to my wife's dismay I special ordered a Ruby Red 6 speed manual PP car. Ok I did drive a Nissan Z car but that car is so small it was a short drive.

Grayden4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grayden
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT PPL2
It was either replace the transmission and differential fluid, and the rear axle bearings on our '06 Mustang GT, or order a new Mustang. I'll miss the '06...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Bought my 5.0 mustang when I turned 50 last year. Get it.. See what I did there...
I'm not buying another 'till I'm 429
Sponsored