Sponsored

How did you decide on mustang

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ford really got the S550 right and never having owned a Mustang....
Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I have been out of the "fun" car game for a while. In 2017 I was in Texas handling claims from Harvey. I was given a Camaro ss as a rental car. All of my prior cars have been boosted 4 cylinders, the feeling and sound of the V8 really woke up that desire to have a fun car to drive. I narrowed in on the mustang pretty quickly because it was universally positively reviewed. This year I got a new position at work that finally made a GT affordable but i was tempted by the massive mark downs on the zl1s. Sadly despite three separate attempts they all sold before i could land one. So I fell into the open arms of ford, ordered my perfect car. Now i am waiting for it to arrive.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was mainly a 4x4 Jeep guy for decades. Finally decided I wanted a fun car, since I have an old Suburban 4x4 for hauling junk around hunting and camping, etc.

I couldn't afford a Porsche 911, so domestic was my best option.

I drove the Challenger. It was big...really big, and handled like a freight train.

I drove a Camaro, and couldn't see anything.

I drove a Mustang, and not only did it handle quite well, but it also has a usable trunk, and some mini back seats for my petite daughters in a pinch.

The best part? I can see.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Lifelong Mopar guy, I still have two Plymouth muscle-era toys that need time and $$ in the garage. By 2007 with Kid # 2 on the way, the 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby hatchback stopped being fun with a carseat. Unfortunately, Mopar made nothing I wanted to pay for, so after a ton of research I got a 2008 Honda Fit. Great car for a family commuter, easy access, and I used all 108hp Every. Single. Day.

11 years later, the boys were big enough to not need car seats or sit in front, and I was ready for more HP. Alfa Romeo was a reality, and the Giulia was a serious contender. Mopar still made nothing that I was in love with, but there were deals to be had on Scat Pack Chargers. I loved the first S550 I saw, and my next door neighbor getting a '16 EBPP convertible was a daily reminder of how great they looked. In the end, the Giulia was an unknown quantity, the Charger was too large & too heavy. The Mustang made the most sense.

Which one? Well, this was another commuter car, so mileage was a concern. I also didn't want my daily to be faster than my toy cars, and frankly I'm still infatuated with Fox SVO's, so Ecoboost it was. Performance Pack & Magneride for fun, A10, Safe & Smart for the commute. This combo turned out to be something of a unicorn, and after several months of hunting I found one at a dealer 175 miles from me. The next closest one was in Seattle. The "local" car had more equipment than I wanted, but I joined MCA for X-plan pricing, and brought her home on May 26. This car has been fantastic every day since.

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
Honestly, the Mustang wasn't even on my list, yet here I am :shock:

Wanted to get back into a manual car after driving an automatic pickup for 2 years. Looked at 4-door manuals, but there are not many out there (and the list dwindles every year).

Then I realized my daughter does gymnastics and therefore can contort herself into the backseat of a 2-door sports car. So I test drove a Camaro and liked it (yeah I hear ya'll picking up your pitchforks when I said that! :bandit:) but then figured I might as well test drive the Mustang (because well, just in case).

So glad I did though; loved it, researched it, ordered it. And here I am. :rockon:

Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I payed cash for my 2017 GT 5.0, I’d never even sat in a Mustang before I bought mine, I flew 2000ks to pick it up and drive it home. Actually, before I bought mine I could take them or leave them. But I didn’t want to continue racking up kilometres on my limited build Ford Performance Vehicle F6 which they stopped making in 2014, so I love V8’s and looked around and the more I researched them the more boxes the Mustang ticked for me.
A few pics of my 425kw F6.
5931287F-FEC3-43FC-AFDF-760F4BAC0D3F.jpeg
C6FCC75D-1EF9-448D-A533-654B2A85504C.jpeg
97ABB4B5-C096-4692-9894-AA9F6917292F.jpeg

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I wanted to stop spending money on 4bangers, a 455 whp FRS was fun but was a ticking time bomb, then a 450 whp big turbo ST was great but lacking what I wanted. I want a “big” hp car. I saw the pictures for the 2018 and really loved it, first time I considered a mustang, then I saw a SS 1LE and that was it.. I was getting a Camaro, just couldn’t get the price anywhere close to what I needed.

Decided to test drive a 392 T/A and was like this is the one. But again no where close to the price I needed. Back to the 5.0 and Memorial Day I got a 51k car at 39k and drove home without a test drive.. love the car hate the trans. Last 4 cars I’ve bought I never test drove the one I bought, only time I regretted it. Though I doubt on a test drive I would’ve found the lock out issue over 7k... now down to 6300

Geo2019

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I was shopping for a new car and my friend suggested Lincoln MKZ ( I know i am an old fart).
So i went to the dealership in my neighborhood, test drove MKZ, 400hp and even made an offer to the dealer, we did not agree on a price so i went to another dealership to see if they are going to take my price (dealerships in not rich neighborhoods tend to come down on a price more, especially for expensive cars)

And there i saw Mustang GT with show-stopper red seats. I totally fell in love with it (made an order, wanted couple extra features they did not have on a floor). And my new Mustang is delivered today, 5/18/2019.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Last summer, I rented a 2015 Ecoboost Premium for my wedding. I had it 3 days and I did 600 kms with it. It took 6 months before I ordered mine last February.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Only new car on sale in UK (certainly under ÂŁ100k) that has a naturally aspirated V8 with a stick shift gearbox. The only cars imo that come close to that excitement are the stick shift Porsche GT3 and BMW M2.
If Ford didn't offer the V8 and/or only offered 10 speed auto I would have definitely bought something else

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My 2018 is the 20th Mustang I’ve owned, including my 94 Cobra....

Decision was simple :like:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I was getting bored with my 2013 Camaro SS so I started looking at new Camaro's even though they are sort of ugly LOL. But they wanted a pile of money for them & they were encroaching money wise on Vette territory. And I always loved the C7 vettes so I started thinking about that. But secretly I always harboured a soft spot for the Mustang. So last Saturday I told my girlfriend I want to go check out a new Mustang GT. This shocked her as I had never mentioned anything to do with them before. So off we go and I test drove it. Hmm-ed and hawd until Monday then told the dealer I was interested but needed more time with the car to make a decision. Went for a 45 ride with no salesman and just loved the damned car! Picked it up this past Wednesday no regrets!

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
... But secretly I always harboured a soft spot for the Mustang. So last Saturday I told my girlfriend...
I gotta stop speed reading thru these forums. I swear when I read that it said that you sold your girlfriend to get the Mustang. I was like, cool story but wrong website.:cwl:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
When I was a kid my dad always owned fords and I grew up right down the street from the Cleveland engine plant, literally, and was within walking distance. I've owned nothing but fords ever since, hence my S/N. Back in 89 I bought a new GT off the lot while I was home on leave and drove back to Cali with it. Two years later after I got discharged, I moved to Phoenix and there it was stolen on May 13, 1991, never to be seen again. Well life goes on but I still kept driving only fords, but always wanted another mustang. Fast forward to 2017, after years of leasing and going thru various F150's, escapes, fusions, edges, explorers, focus's my lease was about to expire on my truck so i went to the dealer in early Feb and was looking at various vehicles and test driving them. Was seriously considering a new 17 explorer sport and even drove one and the day I was there a new 17 GT fastback in grabber blue with PP1 was being delivered to the dealer. Well I have always been a fan of blue, my last 10 vehicles that were chosen for me have been some shade of blue. Anyway I test drove the GT fastback and fell in love. Went home to think about it, and did a search on ford .com and found a grabber blue GT convertible with PP1 at a dealer in central Ohio. Called my salesman and told him where it was and said go get it, I'm buying it. Never looked back. Well that weekend my last kid moved out finally, she was 27 and had a kid of her own. Two days later on Feb 13, 2017 I brought it home. I tell everyone it was my empty nester present to myself. That spring it was used as a DD but by fall and before winter came I had another vehicle to drive as my daily so the mustang can get stored for the winter. And here we are 2+ years later and I only have 10,197 miles on it. Oh, and I got the explorer sport afterall to use as my DD
Sponsored