Sponsored

Beautiful day attending the GT350 Track Attack event!

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
Nice! I stayed at an AirBnB 5 mins from the track when I went. Beautiful area but i gotta ask: What do you guys do for fun out there?! :)
During my brief time there, I went on 2 hikes up the wasatch mountains. There are tons of trails out there to hike and lots of boulders to climb. The friends that I were staying with told me that the track has lots of motocross events and go kart events.
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Nice! I stayed at an AirBnB 5 mins from the track when I went. Beautiful area but i gotta ask: What do you guys do for fun out there?! :)
Anything outdoors. I do a lot of shooting, off reading, hiking. I’m only 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake. There’s plenty to do.

During my brief time there, I went on 2 hikes up the wasatch mountains. There are tons of trails out there to hike and lots of boulders to climb. The friends that I were staying with told me that the track has lots of motocross events and go kart events.
Unfortunately they haven’t had any motocross racing out there for years. I hope the new buyers of the track are going to bring back some events.

SickMustang

Threads
Reaction score
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing the vid! I'll be out there this Thursday. Anyone else going this Wednesday night, and Thursday track day?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
.... i was getting road rage just watching lol
LOL....I was thinking Jeebus I hope to heck I have better driving lines than some of these people - I think entry, apex, and exit driving my twin turb Explorer Sport every day commuting so while I don't mind being slower than the truly talented experienced GT350 drivers I don't want to be that sloppy. Or if I am I hope I get better fast...or am tolerated ;-)
(Scheduled for a Mid July two day Attack - a week before my MY19 GT350 is built - whoohoo!)

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Other than Racing?

Isn't Salt Lake close enough?
We coastal guys are often thrown off by land locked brothers. They wonder why we pay 800K for no land and a small house ;-)

Sponsored

TXRickC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
LOL i exited at 13:40, two ahead of me and two behind. Figured a run down pit road would free up some space for me :) One of the guest in a GT was holding us all back :cwl:

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
LOL i exited at 13:40, two ahead of me and two behind. Figured a run down pit road would free up some space for me :) One of the guest in a GT was holding us all back :cwl:
You missed out on the fun, we all literally passed that guest GT immediately after you exited. Did you end up being being the guest GT upon re-entry?

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
LOL....I was thinking Jeebus I hope to heck I have better driving lines than some of these people - I think entry, apex, and exit driving my twin turb Explorer Sport every day commuting so while I don't mind being slower than the truly talented experienced GT350 drivers I don't want to be that sloppy. Or if I am I hope I get better fast...or am tolerated ;-)
(Scheduled for a Mid July two day Attack - a week before my MY19 GT350 is built - whoohoo!)
Hopefully, I wasn't too bad for a track day noob. I also have nothing better to do but cut corners and inadvertently follow racing lines when I normally drive. Lol

Squrtcap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, GT350
def looks like a fun track but damn these guys have no concept of pointing people by..... if there are 3 cars hanging with you you really gotta let them pass WAY quicker than that.... i was getting road rage just watching lol
Per rules, can only pass on main straight.