Sponsored

New LT1 V8 trim for 2020 Camaro

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I don't like the SXT name, but the rest are pretty good in my opinion. Dodge is doing a good job and their sales reflect it. Especially without any major redesigns.
Yes, most of those are good names. But it begs the question, "how thin can you slice a loaf of bread?" All those models on each of two nameplates? That's even more scary than BMW's X1 --> X7 utility portfolio.
Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I am kinda confused. What will be the difference between 1ss vs 1lt both having the lt1 engines? 1ss weights 3680 lbs with 465 lbs engine weight and comes standard with brembo brakes and fe6 suspension i believe. 1lt with v6 weights 3354 lbs with 370 lbs engine weight. So if we assume the 1lt will gain 200 lbs with engine upgrade supporting modes, then we are looking at a mid 3500 lbs 455 hp 455 lbft lighter v8 camaro?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Dodge has trimmed that down a bit, unified a few variants, there’s 9 models on the Challenger, and 3 are simply the widebody variant (could’ve just been an option under the models where that’s applicable).

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am kinda confused. What will be the difference between 1ss vs 1lt both having the lt1 engines? 1ss weights 3680 lbs with 465 lbs engine weight and comes standard with brembo brakes and fe6 suspension i believe. 1lt with v6 weights 3354 lbs with 370 lbs engine weight. So if we assume the 1lt will gain 200 lbs with engine upgrade supporting modes, then we are looking at a mid 3500 lbs 455 hp 455 lbft lighter v8 camaro?
Probably. But it will be on all-season tires and will likely have Brembos optional, as opposed to standard, and will likely come without all the coolers SS has. The SS handling package will also be optional. So it’ll be equipped more along the lines of a base Mustang GT. It should be lighter than SS without all of the content that is standard on the 1SS and especially 2SS and should prove to be more of a modding platform.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
SRT Demon Turbo: Ultimate Fighting Edition
Challenger Extended Directors Cut
Challenger: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
Sony Entertainment Presents: Dodge Challenger

This ones my favorite I got a $1.50 give me two

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I actually like the look of the Camaro RS. It’s like a modern interpretation of the 3rd gen. I would consider it with a V8.

upload_2019-5-6_20-26-21.jpeg
Year and a half later, I pulled the trigger on that exact car but in the color Shock and as a convertible. The build should be complete by mid October. So a month and a half left in the 6G for me.

dinrSj.jpg

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Year and a half later, I pulled the trigger on that exact car but in the color Shock and as a convertible. The build should be complete by mid October. So a month and a half left in the 6G for me.

dinrSj.jpg
Welcome to 6th Gen Camaro convertible world!
83596B20-6FCD-45B6-B4A4-1D0E11F9C41D.jpeg

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Welcome to 6th Gen Camaro convertible world!
83596B20-6FCD-45B6-B4A4-1D0E11F9C41D.jpeg
at least the convertible doesn’t feel cramped I’ll bet!

Nice looking ride though. I like it

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

dinrSj.jpg
BETRAYAL! Nah, that's actually really cool looking in that color, I'd definitely rock that. Seems to me that the brighter colors work with the body lines of the refresh way better. Did you opt for the A10 or a manual?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I actually like the look of the Camaro RS. It’s like a modern interpretation of the 3rd gen. I would consider it with a V8.

upload_2019-5-6_20-26-21.jpeg
I own a third gen with a big block. Just no.

JR

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Bonehead move by GM. They announced they'd be doing this last year (or maybe it was a rumor).

It's basically selling a cheaper SS.

But. for 1.5k, would you really want to forgo the SS badge for a car literally called "v8 Camaro?"

LOL

If money was the issue, Camaro would have sold more off the hit. It has been t he cheaper option forever.

Mustang simply has the hearts of many more people.

Nothing you can do. Especially when the car looks as terrible as it does. now.

It was a looker. Now it's the ugliest of all the American performance cars.

Like an already fairly pretty girl that had plastic surgery to make her look better and it made her... yucky looking.

*This post sang to the tune of "can't buy me love"*

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
BETRAYAL! Nah, that's actually really cool looking in that color, I'd definitely rock that. Seems to me that the brighter colors work with the body lines of the refresh way better. Did you opt for the A10 or a manual?
I love my 2016 Mustang GT. Zero complaints. Just a matter of I’m coming up on 5 years of owning it and I’m ready for something new. I wouldn’t be surprised if I purchase a 7g Mustang when it launches.

Personally, outside of performance, I’m taking a step back across the board with the Camaro but the rear view mirror camera is a godsend for the vehicle imo and interior/trunk space is a non-issue as I have a beater truck.

I love the Shock color and it matches well with the Camaro. I’ve always loved the look of the non-SS model as well. I went with a M6.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bonehead move by GM. They announced they'd be doing this last year (or maybe it was a rumor).

It's basically selling a cheaper SS.

But. for 1.5k, would you really want to forgo the SS badge for a car literally called "v8 Camaro?"

LOL

If money was the issue, Camaro would have sold more off the hit. It has been t he cheaper option forever.

Mustang simply has the hearts of many more people.

Nothing you can do. Especially when the car looks as terrible as it does. now.

It was a looker. Now it's the ugliest of all the American performance cars.

Like an already fairly pretty girl that had plastic surgery to make her look better and it made her... yucky looking.

*This post sang to the tune of "can't buy me love"*
For me, I went with the LT1 model for purely subjective reasons. I love the look of the non-SS Camaro. The SS, I’m simply indifferent to the looks of the 2020+. I don’t dislike it but I don’t particularly like it. If Chevy never released an LT1 model, I don’t think I would be purchasing a Camaro. I won’t lose any sleep over not having a SS badge on the rear front and rear bumper.

For $4,000 less, you’re giving up Magnetic Ride Control, rear Bremos, and all digital Dash with the LT1. All nice features but ones I could live without.
Sponsored