Sponsored

Extended Warranty.. did you, or did you not?

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
With the factory stuff being 3/36k and 5/60k on the power train what did you opt for?

I signed up for the base bumper to bumper 8 year/120k, but can be cancelled. I feel like I will want a power adder way before this anyways. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I only paid 1060 for 8 years so I’m completely good with that. And it is the top Ford plan and not a 3rd party. Worth it at that price.

OP
OP
Norklin

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I only paid 1060 for 8 years so I’m completely good with that. And it is the top Ford plan and not a 3rd party. Worth it at that price.
Did you get that by calling ford or haggling at the dealer?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Good question, my salesman say's I have it, but the FoMoCo has sent notices to buy? I gotta find out for sure at 54,500 miles now.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I didn't get it as I have a friend in the Dealer and he recommended to put it when the original is about to expire. That way you don't pay for on top of want you have now. The difference is not that much year to year.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I had the dealership do the dealership screw job and at best misrepresent the warranty. They handed me a Ford ESP pamphlet however sold a 3rd party warranty. It was about twice as much as the Ford warranty. My fault for not paying attention or doing research but they really misrepresented the entire thing. Had to cancel that and was out about 75 bucks as I missed the 30 day window. Got that money applied to the principal loan amount once cancelled.

I then went to Flood Ford's website and bought the 8y/125. I'll likely hit 8 years before the 125 but it is nice to know for about 2 car payments I should have mostly anything covered with the car. I'm on target to have mine payed off in 4 years so that leaves a healthy window.

Between the A/C issues, knocks/ticks, and anything else that might pop up I don't see the downside. I won't be modding mine and will likely do routine maintenance at the dealership although there isn't anything major called for until 60k I believe.

Ford is not in the business of losing money in warranty work. I imagine a lot of folks get these and sell before anything comes up. I'd guess a lot of folks don't follow through or know about the transfer. Plus the amount of cars that get traded at dealerships is likely high as well. I'm guessing that is where they make their money on them.

OP
OP
Norklin

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, just like insurance Florida sucks. I was misrepresented as well and sold a third party company one for 4,000. In Florida, since we can't get out of state warranty coverage I had to opt for 6 year/75k for 2,000. Not too bad and I'll be ready for a power adder by that point.

I am canceling mine tomorrow and like yours will cut off the principal. I can pay for the new one with a credit card which is nice at another dealer and get some points at least lol.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah - my dealer tried to sell me a 3rd party warranty - something like 3500 for 6 years - total joke. They came down in price once I told them about my Flood Ford offer - but still not a Ford Warranty - and the price wasn't that great.

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I did the opposite and asked the dealer to void my warranty before ever picking the car up.

They added a whipple stage 2, fore fuel system, full length headers, and an E85 Lund tune.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Is there a difference in price/coverage if you get say the 8yr/125k warranty just before the standard factory warranty is about to expire, OR if you purchase it, say from Flood, the day you buy your car?

It seems to me because of the overlap in coverage, it would be best to buy the warranty as the standard factory warranty is about to expire?

So what's the "best" approach?

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a difference in price/coverage if you get say the 8yr/125k warranty just before the standard factory warranty is about to expire, OR if you purchase it, say from Flood, the day you buy your car?

It seems to me because of the overlap in coverage, it would be best to buy the warranty as the standard factory warranty is about to expire?

The price goes up as I understand it as you wait. I believe they are higher now than the 1060 I paid last year.

Deleted member 35786

Punch in the info and get the quote.. You have until your 3/36 b2b expires.
https://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Got a free 10 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty from Ford dealer I bought the car. I never buy extended warranties.
Sponsored