Sponsored

Beautiful day attending the GT350 Track Attack event!

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
def looks like a fun track but damn these guys have no concept of pointing people by..... if there are 3 cars hanging with you you really gotta let them pass WAY quicker than that.... i was getting road rage just watching lol

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
def looks like a fun track but damn these guys have no concept of pointing people by..... if there are 3 cars hanging with you you really gotta let them pass WAY quicker than that.... i was getting road rage just watching lol
I believe I did a good job indicating to them that I want to pass them. :cwl: Not too shabby for a first timer on any track.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
yeah, i know most of them prob were 1st timers... having cars of equal power makes it tougher though when they all want to go balls out on the straight and then hold up everyone the rest of the track again lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I was using a Vantrue T2 with the optional GPS mount to log the speed. The track is located in very beautiful country surrounded by mountains. I was definitely awestruck by the scenery.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
yeah that's a gorgeous area. we had rain the night of the orientation/dinner and some rain the next morning during the hard braking sessions. car handled the wet track like nothing; totally amazed. but by noon it cleared up and that was nice since we started to do the track runs right then. and that was smart to bring your dashcam.

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
yeah that's a gorgeous area. we had rain the night of the orientation/dinner and some rain the next morning during the hard braking sessions. car handled the wet track like nothing; totally amazed. but by noon it cleared up and that was nice since we started to do the track runs right then. and that was smart to bring your dashcam.
I wasn't sure if it would be allowed, but I was thrilled when they told us during the dinner reception that it would be allowed. Worst case scenario would have been leaving it in my rental and just enjoying the track day. I'll always have these memories when I enter my senile years. :rockon:

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Yes good times, I was in the May 6 class. So glad I didn't experience what you did. Of the 13 in class we only had a couple slow guys, but that's to be expected.

OP
OP

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Yes good times, I was in the May 6 class. So glad I didn't experience what you did. Of the 13 in class we only had a couple slow guys, but that's to be expected.
I heard it was wet and cold the 2 previous events. I tried not to let the slower guys put a damper on my day. On the bright side, they did eventually point me by and let me pass. One guy forgot to shift out of 2nd gear....

Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
We had ideal weather on the 5th. It rained but it was late day, nothing that interfered with the class. I am a product/training manager and was very impressed with how the class was structured and managed. It seemed like the only time we stopped was to eat lunch, otherwise it was class/car.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Such a great time. I live 5 minutes from that track and can always tell when it’s track attack day because I actually see other GT350’s in my area lol.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Such a great time. I live 5 minutes from that track and can always tell when it’s track attack day because I actually see other GT350’s in my area lol.
Nice! I stayed at an AirBnB 5 mins from the track when I went. Beautiful area but i gotta ask: What do you guys do for fun out there?! :)
Sponsored