What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Happed to be in the area so popped in to say hello to @Guy@NemesisUK
Got a nice little tour of the warehouse too!

FE249AAF-A22E-4443-80CB-F10CE0BA8797.jpeg
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Was at the dealer to have my air-con re-gassed. Mentioned it was blowing warm at the third service, just inside my warranty, and it went back mid-April to be tested however they couldn't find a leak resulting in the re-gassing diagnosis. Apparently three years is Ford's recommended interval on these systems(!) but they didn't have any of the new stuff in stock and needed to be trained in the process hence the return today.
On evacuation they found the system almost empty, which is not normal and would suggest a leak however a nitrogen fill with dye has still failed to show up anything. So have now been re-gassed with more dye and the car is blowing cold again.
Can't help but think i've not seen the back of this issue...:facepalm:

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Was at the dealer to have my air-con re-gassed. Mentioned it was blowing warm at the third service, just inside my warranty, and it went back mid-April to be tested however they couldn't find a leak resulting in the re-gassing diagnosis. Apparently three years is Ford's recommended interval on these systems(!) but they didn't have any of the new stuff in stock and needed to be trained in the process hence the return today.
On evacuation they found the system almost empty, which is not normal and would suggest a leak however a nitrogen fill with dye has still failed to show up anything. So have now been re-gassed with more dye and the car is blowing cold again.
Can't help but think i've not seen the back of this issue...:facepalm:
I had a similar problem with my Vette. Aircon stopped working, completely empty, so re-gassed including dye. 12 months later, completely empty again but no evidence of leaks on high pressure or low pressure sides. Refilled but sold it not too long afterwards so don't know if it's an annual cycle. To be honest, a re-gass at ÂŁ70 lasted (at least) all summer and is a lot cheaper than replacing components once you're out of warranty!

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I had a similar problem with my Vette. Aircon stopped working, completely empty, so re-gassed including dye. 12 months later, completely empty again but no evidence of leaks on high pressure or low pressure sides. Refilled but sold it not too long afterwards so don't know if it's an annual cycle. To be honest, a re-gass at ÂŁ70 lasted (at least) all summer and is a lot cheaper than replacing components once you're out of warranty!
I think the new Unicorn farts that they put in are more than ÂŁ70 a pop.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I think the new Unicorn farts that they put in are more than ÂŁ70 a pop.
I was quoted ÂŁ200 and never told if that was inc VAT or not. Got charged ÂŁ92...not sure if they forgot to charge for the gas. Paid and left :bandit:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I was quoted ÂŁ200 and never told if that was inc VAT or not. Got charged ÂŁ92...not sure if they forgot to charge for the gas. Paid and left :bandit:
my cars all have one of 2 things in common, their wipers are either shit and don't clear anything or the aircon doesn't work.

So the mustang has pretty good wipers..... i've never bothered turning the aircon on :)

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
That new air con gas is silly expensive stuff, I’m sure we pay around £750 a bottle for it at work compared to about £200 a bottle for the old type!

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Pair or catch cans arrived. ÂŁ24 for Both.
Will be fitting this weekend with any luck.

Car is in Ford again tomorrow for the reverse camera loom replacing.
356074CC-41E4-46DE-8D6B-E1B742BEB8D4.jpeg

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
do you not need vented catch cans to release case pressure ?

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
It’s a recirculating setup, from valve cover back to inlet post MAF. If the were vented you risk unmetered air and bad running.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
on turbos we have to vent them otherwise we get too much pressure so SC's are a little different.

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Trip to GT101 to have the Ford 2019 rear spoiler, MMD front fog light splitters and Stoptech drilled/slotted brake discs fitted.

Was a bit worried about the spoiler tbh but once I saw it on I love it :thumbsup:

Next up, painted callipers once I sort the logistics out.

176-A8505-518-B-4290-9634-772-FAFB0505-C.jpg

8-EC34575-D507-428-D-9-A17-40-EDE4-CE7-B22.jpg

Benno

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Was a bit worried about the spoiler tbh but once I saw it on I love it :thumbsup:
Was never sure about it myself but it looks great black on yellow... :like:
Sponsored