Sponsored

When will the 2019 non-drilled OEM rotors be available for purchase?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You must be light on the brakes :) These are what mine look like after 10 track hours or so.
20180119_163905.jpg
Or still on stock rubber.

It's pretty easy for those brakes to hump the 295s into submission lol.
Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Or still on stock rubber.

It's pretty easy for those brakes to hump the 295s into submission lol.
I have an R so 305 cup 2 up front. I also run 1.5 mile technical tracks like Waterford hills mostly, which is quite easy on the brakes. Killing tires and pads after 4 or 5 days Is expensive and pita enough.

Have a extra set of oem pads, and perfectly happy with them except their longevity. Trying to decide if I want to try track pads, didn’t want to increase damage to rotors though

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have an R so 305 cup 2 up front. I’m far from going easy but yes I’m not timing anything or searching for that extra 10ft at the end of the straight right now. I also run 1.5 mile technical tracks like Waterford hills mostly, which is quite easy on the brakes. Killing tires and pads after 4 or 5 days Is expensive and pita enough.

Have a extra set of oem pads, and perfectly happy with them except their longevity. Trying to decide if I want to try track pads, didn’t want to increase damage to rotors though
For some reason I didn't even think to look at what you had.

The cups would lean on the factory brakes quite a bit more. With the regular supersports the brakes don't break a sweat before the front tires are overheated and greasy.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Are others having to turn rotors after a number of track days? How often are you replacing?
I still have my original rotors after a handful of track days and 32,000 miles over 3 1/2 years. The information I have is that turning the GT350 rotors is not recommended. I think you are supposed to just replace the rotors when they get too thin.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
But I would add this argument...Don't ever, ever, ever, ever, let comments about cracks steer you away from cross drilled rotors. Like Jessie said, "they can crack under extreme track use". You'll be very hard pressed to ever have cracking issues on the street. If you like the looks like I do, run 'em!
100% this! They are perfectly fine for long term street use. I agree, they look awesome. I'm still running my "cracked" rotors on the street since the cracks aren't too large yet. I just don't trust that set on the track anymore. I might keep getting drilled for the street and solid for the track.

full.jpg

I know these still have another track day or two in them but I don't want to risk anything. These will still last me a LONG time on the street.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I still have my original rotors after a handful of track days and 32,000 miles over 3 1/2 years. The information I have is that turning the GT350 rotors is not recommended. I think you are supposed to just replace the rotors when they get too thin.
Turning is fine if still in spec, 34mm I think.

I frankly don’t think it’s possible to get them under spec thickness before huge vibrations unless you are running track pads. Otherwise if you can pay $20 to turn them and be in spec it beats paying for the new $280 each or whatever.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Turning is fine if still in spec, 34mm I think.

I frankly don’t think it’s possible to get them under spec thickness before huge vibrations unless you are running track pads. Otherwise if you can pay $20 to turn them and be in spec it beats paying for the new $280 each or whatever.
I could swear there's something in the manual that specifically says that turning is not recommended. Maybe Ford is just hedging their bets, but I'm going to follow the recommendation. I definitely don't want the brakes to let me down on the road course! I couldn't even imagine what would happen if one of the rotors failed in a heavy braking zone.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
There was a release from Ford a while back recommending against turning the GT350 SHW two-piece rotors.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I could swear there's something in the manual that specifically says that turning is not recommended. Maybe Ford is just hedging their bets, but I'm going to follow the recommendation. I definitely don't want the brakes to let me down on the road course! I couldn't even imagine what would happen if one of the rotors failed in a heavy braking zone.
There was a release from Ford a while back recommending against turning the GT350 SHW two-piece rotors.
This is from @btown93 in another thread. (Google search for the SSM finds nothing.)

SSM 45903 - 2015-2017 Shelby GT350 And GT350R Brake Service
2015-2017 Shelby GT350 and GT350R vehicles should not have the brake rotors machined when servicing the brake system. Replacement of brake rotors is the only acceptable service of brake rotors on GT350 and GT350R vehicles. GT350 and GT350Rvehicles are equipped with a brake system designed for high speed and superior fade resistance. Occasional brake squeal and elevated levels of brake dust may occur. This is normal and does not affect brake system performance. Refer to the Workshop Manual Section 206-00 and the Mustang Owner's Manual and the Shelby GT350 Owner's Manual Supplement for further information.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
There you have it. Well done.

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I did reach out to GiroDisc and was informed they will not have a rear disc on the market until next year.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just an FYI - ANWBL appears to have these in stock. My first set of fronts shipped out today.

upload_2019-5-14_12-56-41.png