QA1 CF Driveshaft for my '18 A10 GT

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Purchased the final piece of the puzzle to finish off my n/a build this morning. For all of you who follow Steeda's silver bullet, this is the same one they use. I was debating between a GForce aluminum shaft, or the pricey cf one. In the end I went with the best made, lightest shaft for one very simple reason....I don't need to install a safety loop (which seems a lot of people have issues with on these cars getting it to not rub on the exhaust) and if the cf shaft snaps I'll also not have to worry about my exhaust getting torn up or the belly pans on my car being ruined, or even worse, it causing a catastrophic wreck. Only downside, all the choices for our Gen 3 A10's are on a 3 to 4 week backorder, which means a lot of us are doing this mod this Spring. Can't wait to get mine and get it on the car. Definitely can't wait to track the car this summer, the quest to dip into the high 10's is alive and well and from what others are saying this shaft knocks .15 off your 60 ft. and roughly .20 off the 1/4 mile time. So I'll only be good DA and a perfect launch away from that high 10 number that I'm chasing.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'd think there is next to no chance of a C.F. drive-shaft having a catastrophic failure. They're massively strong (much stronger than alumium or OEM), and you're not putting down huge power numbers.

If you were pushing 1000HP, then it may be a concern.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I'd think there is next to no chance of a C.F. drive-shaft having a catastrophic failure. They're massively strong (much stronger than alumium or OEM), and you're not putting down huge power numbers.

If you were pushing 1000HP, then it may be a concern.
I agree! One exception is I have seen 750 wheel hp stick cars demolish cf shafts already (the girl at American Muscle comes to mind) but that is a stick car launching hard, and my A10 isn't gonna shock a cf shaft that hard, especially with only 490 wheel.

CurtisH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost PP, 2011 Edge
I agree! One exception is I have seen 750 wheel hp stick cars demolish cf shafts already (the girl at American Muscle comes to mind) but that is a stick car launching hard, and my A10 isn't gonna shock a cf shaft that hard, especially with only 490 wheel.
Steph (American Muscle) is running the Hellion setup and had bad wheel hop when she destroyed the drive shaft.

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
I don't think you'll see .2 on the ds. Maybe .05 on the .60 and MAYBE a .1 in the 1/4.

Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
I'd like to install a QA1 CF driveshaft, but they said that their engineers haven't confirmed the fit on the 2019 A10 GT's yet.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I'd like to install a QA1 CF driveshaft, but they said that their engineers haven't confirmed the fit on the 2019 A10 GT's yet.
Yeah, its currently an '18 A10 part only, because Ford was nice enough to give us '18 guys a totally unique flange that they then didn't use on all '19's. LOL. Leave it to Ford to be difficult eh?

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I don't think you'll see .2 on the ds. Maybe .05 on the .60 and MAYBE a .1 in the 1/4.
I'm quoting Steeda. They actually are saying .22 in the 1/4 is what the same shaft (QA1) I bought gave them on their silver bullet. 15 lbs of rotational weight is a pretty big deal. But I also have DSS 800 hp 1/2 shafts, so I lost a bit with those being heavier than stock, but I did that last year with the Steeda IRS subframe brace, their vertical links, RTR Tech 7 wheels with 305 width Nitto -5R's (19") and picked up .80 with that over the stock wheel (and completely eliminated wheel hop too) Mine is a base GT which came with the black appearance package wheel and the craptastic 255 width Pirelli P Zero's (which should be banned from all new Ford vehicles but lets face it, Ford gives us base model guys cheap tires that they know won't hook for crap so it was what it was). I've also installed the FP3 Track suspension with Ford's "Y" springs (1" drop, actually it was a 1.25" drop up front and .75" rear which gives it a slight rake which looks cool asf). I've also replaced the crappy stock rotors with Eradispeed+ 2 piece rotors both front and rear since then, fronts dropped 4 lbs per, rears dropped 6 lbs per, so I fully expect to be knocking on the high 10 door once I get the QA1 shaft. We'll see. Gonna be close.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Steph (American Muscle) is running the Hellion setup and had bad wheel hop when she destroyed the drive shaft.
This guy is on a first name basis with old “Steph”, I see.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
This guy is on a first name basis with old “Steph”, I see.
I cringe everytime I watch a video she makes for AM, she's so careless...remember the one where she was doing a racing seat install and bounced the metal seat bracket off the inside of the door jam, that had to have left a nice scratch in the paint....I wouldn't want her touching my ride. LOL

Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
I cringe everytime I watch a video she makes for AM, she's so careless...remember the one where she was doing a racing seat install and bounced the metal seat bracket off the inside of the door jam, that had to have left a nice scratch in the paint....I wouldn't want her touching my ride. LOL
Same. If you step back and look at it, that whole place is cringe. Have you ever read through the employee bios? Jesus Christ.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, its currently an '18 A10 part only, because Ford was nice enough to give us '18 guys a totally unique flange that they then didn't use on all '19's. LOL. Leave it to Ford to be difficult eh?
Yeah, Ford has been making me crazy for a few decades now! Seems they like to change things just for sh!ts n giggles. I'll wait out the QA1 engineers.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Same. If you step back and look at it, that whole place is cringe. Have you ever read through the employee bios? Jesus Christ.
HAHAHAAAA!

I did. This whole thread has some funny shit, guys.

Last edited:

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
I like how these driveshafts are “so strong”, and that 90 lb. chick launches and LITERALLY blows the thing to powder after already losing a race. LOL
Sponsored