Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 Help With Knock

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
We hooked up a vac tester to the bypass valve and it opens/shuts when it should be. I traced the line from the valve to the vac block and don't see any kinks. yeah going to a big name shop for tuning has crossed my mind, but i'm not quite there yet.
I don't doubt that the valve functions properly. Start the car and let it idle, then remove the vacuum tube from the valve and see if there is vacuum present at the end of the tube.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Maybe an IMRC not opening issue.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sigh...there's about to be a low mile p1sc stage 2 kit for sale in the classifieds...
Don't give up, you will find it. Also, you need a 170 degree T-stat. As soon as I can get to another computer here at work that has Excel on it, I will post a log so you can compare.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correction: MAF is pegged at 86.6 Lb/min, not 96. And this is a mile above sea level where breathing is hard to do.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is, especially in that hot Illinois summer weather. With more air, more fuel, and more pressure comes more heat. Additional heat can contribute to timing being pulled for a variety of reasons. What injectors and Fuel delivery are you using?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I don't think the t-stat has anything to do with your current issue, just something I noticed in your log. It is possible to install the MAF sensor upside down, but I wouldn't think you would have been able to put the bolts in.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, your "tuner" should have noticed all of these details. Yet another reason to use one of the reputable companies. All of the fancy parts and hardware in the world won't mean squat if your tune isn't dialed in. The tune is without question the most important piece of the puzzle. Now that you have an Nguage, get in touch with Lund and they will get you squared away.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Yeah, I thought Procharger would have had these dialed in for the most part and I originally wanted to pick up the Charter warranty which is only available with tuning from PC...long story short the warranty didn't happen but I still wanted to work with them for tuning since I already paid for it. But you're right it might be time. Does Lund tune on the HPTuners nGauge? I'm contemplating between Lund, PBD, or finding somebody local. This internet stuff emailing back and forth is a pain because I only have time in the evenings to do logs so I basically get 1 revision a day at most...that's primarily why I'm contacting a couple local shops to get their thoughts and then the car would also get put on a dyno and I can see something measurable.

Lund PBD, or AED. DO NOT find a local tuner. Very few have a clue around the coyote, especially with boost. Those 3 while mail order specialize in the coyote and tune them all day everyday.

Lund has a unique ngauge, not the hpt version.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your setup cost how much $? A quality tune is a drop in the bucket in comparison. I believe Lund, Palm beach, etc. will do remote dyno tuning sessions as well. This way it gets done in a day, ( provided you don't have any mechanical issues) but you still have the knowledge and experience they provide.
What injectors and fuel delivery are you using?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those should be fine. I have a basement full of parts that I should have skipped and went straight to Blower, corn, headers, etc. I spent way too much money on "stages" and tunes.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
OK, so then my options are PBD or AED...why not VMP? Just because they probably focus on PD blowers on and centris?
VMP is alright I guess. Never dealt with them personally.
Sponsored