2017 S550
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Lund had to slightly desensitize my knock sensors after chasing horrible false knock. The sensors are soo sensitive they can pickup vibes from the blower transmission. Runs like a beast after that, and still adds a couple degrees via knock sensors.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
You have low advance from the knock, but the bigger thing I see is logs don't look like your car is seeing any boost at all. I see the analog1 channel is saying 11psi, but I don't know if you actually have a MAP sensor hooked up. What I do see is MAF goes a bit erratic where you should see boost, but flow is barely more than you would see stock, less than a manifold swapped car. The absolute load never goes over 0.99, should be 1.4-1.6 if you were seeing boost. I would double check you got all your pipes connected still and you blow off valve isn't stuck open. I'd hate to point to a failed cat clogging the exhaust, that would be a large assumption.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
And you're not concerned about the desensitization? I saw a video where Alex was saying he won't desensitize the sensors, but who knows how old the video is it may have been from before he worked at Lund (and he may not have tuned your car too).

No this was actual Lund jr. I absolutely refuse to let Alex do my tunes after dealing with him once. I am not concerned at all, They still very actively do their job.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Alot of the big tuners desenseatize the knock sensors on boosted cars,just how much is the trick.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Are you using a reputable tuner? (Maybe I missed that in your gargantuan paragraph). Are you certain that your BOV is receiving vacuum/boost?

OP
OP

5hlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Are you using a reputable tuner? (Maybe I missed that in your gargantuan paragraph). Are you certain that your BOV is receiving vacuum/boost?
Procharger for the tuning. I'm pretty certain the BOV is functioning properly, I see like 10-11psi at about 7000-7100 RPM so I don't suspect a boost leak at this point.

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
had the same problem and on a hard shift my knocks go crazy lund already desentised my knocks a bit so knock under hard throttle but between 2 to 3 bam 9 degrees of f you

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also this might help i have msbr catback its clamps style i ended up welding it up and it help tons with knock

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nope stick shift im sure it has allot to do with the stock clutch im still rocking the hard shift it doesnt like doesnt help that i have full suspension done with a one piece ds so nothing is asborbing the hard shift but the clutch causing massive knock

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Post your logs to datazap.me, then share the links here. Can't get the excel to work.

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
auto car? I'm not even getting knock between shifts really, my logs were done in 3rd WOT and that's where i'm seeing my knock.
also check at the end if the tips touch your valen
got it, thanks! i might be putting the car in the air this weekend and just making sure i don't see any bolts that look suspicious on the exhaust, and ensuring the bolts for the aftermarket parts haven't come loose.
also check your tips if they touch the valence it will cause knock

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharger for the tuning. I'm pretty certain the BOV is functioning properly, I see like 10-11psi at about 7000-7100 RPM so I don't suspect a boost leak at this point.
I meant was the BOV actually getting a boost/vacuum reference? The blower produces boost no matter what, but if the vacuum/boost supply line to the BOV is kinked or isn't connected to the manifold properly, the BOV will not stay shut, or open properly when it should. If you are seeing knock even with the addition of Torco/Boostane you likely have something tapping on the engine or exhaust. Also, switch to Lund, VMP, Palm beach dyno for tuning. They know these cars better than anyone.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, 47 lB/Min Maf flow at 7000 RPM is basically NA values. Usually the value will be pegged at 96 Lb/Min in the higher RPM's.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Perfect. Looks VERY similar to mine did before desensitize. Once it started showing knock it wouldn't go away until basically back to zero throttle.

Went back and forth with @ProChargerTECH, and he swore up and down it's never needed. But I know multiple people with centris both procharger and others have had similar problem.
Sponsored