Sponsored

Made 471whp with PBD E85 tune, JLT Intake and Texas Speed headers/xpipe (catted)

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Mods on 2018 Mustang GT 10 speed:
Palm Beach Dyno E85 tune (by Trevor Berkheiser)
JLT CAI
Texas Speed Headers and catted X pipe

Got the car dyno'd today. Made 471whp with the final E85 revision I got from palm beach dyno. It then made 469whp a few minutes later.

The 463whp number is from the initial E85 tune I got from them.

Seems decent, but I was expecting higher. Like 490 or higher. At least according to those youtube monkeys like Stangmode and Zander.

I attached the log files of both pulls in case anyone wants to look (Log11 of 471hp run, Log12 of 469).

This is pretty much it, nothing else to do until I go boosted.
dyno.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the high flow cats with the texas speed headers/xpipe would make that big of a difference, like I don't think it's robbing me of 30hp if I went catless. It was also a bit warm and humid, I probably should have waited for a cooler dryer day.

I showed the logs to the tuner at PBD and they sent me another revision. I won't dyno the new revision though unless I wanna pay another $80, will wait until I do something more substantial mod wise.

From here on out I'll just be looking at quarter mile times and trap speed.

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi Sammy123...I'm just down the street in Winter Garden. Did you baseline the car with no mods?

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Hi Sammy123...I'm just down the street in Winter Garden. Did you baseline the car with no mods?
Unfortunately I did not. I went to Lamotta Performance to have it dyno'd. They also installed the headers and xpipe for me. Probably will stick to this shop unless you know of somewhere else that's also good?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Also the E85 I used tested at 84%.
e85.jpg
If it was a very warm day that can affect it. My 18 went 471 last time with catted ARH LTH, stock intake with drop in and AED flex tune. AZ doesn't have real e85 only flex fuel which is bout e54 at best. With the quality fuel you have I bet you are probably good for 480+ on a cooler day. I see you have the A10 you did have the pull done in 7th with all nannies off correct? And too bad you didn't baseline the car as you probably gained 50+. Seeing the before and after also helps appreciate the numbers more.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I don't think the high flow cats with the texas speed headers/xpipe would make that big of a difference, like I don't think it's robbing me of 30hp if I went catless. It was also a bit warm and humid, I probably should have waited for a cooler dryer day.

I showed the logs to the tuner at PBD and they sent me another revision. I won't dyno the new revision though unless I wanna pay another $80, will wait until I do something more substantial mod wise.

From here on out I'll just be looking at quarter mile times and trap speed.
High flow catted header pick up under 10whp. The real gain is going catless or maybe upgrading to green cats which flow better but very pricey.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
High flow catted header pick up under 10whp. The real gain is going catless or maybe upgrading to green cats which flow better but very pricey.
Do you have a link to this comparison? All the one's I've seen show only a 3 -5 hp difference at most between high flow cats and catless, which means I might have made 475whp instead of 471whp. It's a trade off I chose. But if you're saying I would have made something like 485-490whp going from high flow to catless, I want to see which setup does this and the comparison for it.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Do you have a link to this comparison? All the one's I've seen show only a 3 -5 hp difference at most between high flow cats and catless, which means I might have made 475whp instead of 471whp. It's a trade off I chose. But if you're saying I would have made something like 485-490whp going from high flow to catless, I want to see which setup does this and the comparison for it.

The cats that come with headers barely do anything at all and don't pose much of a restriction to exhaust flow.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I’ll try digging around to find some. But there hasn’t been any FBO 500whp catted dynoes for the 2018s. Most I’ve seen are in the 470s

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Seems about normal for a catted setup. 480ish for catless setups too. Catless, pmas/jlt and ported mani will probably be in the 485-490 range for a auto car.

Deleted member 33561

Dyno's are supposed to compensate for DA when used properly. If you look at the bottom of the chart you see SAE 103. I believe that is the "correction factor" to give you SAE HP. The factor is supposed to be based on the Temp/Barometric pressure/humidity which are also shown (when correct).

I would like to know where to get one of those Alcohol % testers.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Dyno's are supposed to compensate for DA when used properly. If you look at the bottom of the chart you see SAE 103. I believe that is the "correction factor" to give you SAE HP. The factor is supposed to be based on the Temp/Barometric pressure/humidity which are also shown (when correct).

I would like to know where to get one of those Alcohol % testers.
Amazon lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KQNS6KD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored