Sponsored

Shelby GT-S commissioned for SIXT

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What supercharger did they use? And i'm sure we will unfortunately see plenty of these wrecked. I'm willing to bet most people that will rent these cars probably wouldn't even be able to handle a "basic" 5.0. 600+ hp in the hands of someone who's used to driving a Versa (just an example) is no joke. Sharp looking car though. Never heard of SIXT, and i live/have rented many cars in So-Cal (including from LAX).
Almost certain you cannot turn off traction control on these and it may also have boost by gear limitations. The last thing they want is to see their car come back on a flatbed with the customer starting with "What had happened was......................"
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It'll probably be a minimum $500/day if not more like $1000. Or $200/hr sort of rate like companies do for the exotic rentals. And a healthy damage waiver if not outright deposit. And you KNOW they'll have a full-suite of tracking and data-logging riding shotgun. "Sorry sir, we see here that you were doing 90 to 130 along XYZ canyon road. That was a clear violation of the terms of service you signed and therefore we will not be refunding you your damage deposit. Have a nice day."

I'll bet most of the crackups will be in town on the strip though - macho man floors it and fishtails out of control until either plowing into the people on the sidewalk or hitting road furniture. Just see the zillion YT videos.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Modern equivalent to a GTH? Maybe one will come to DIA but my guess actually renting one would be a chore. Cool post however....
"modern" LOL. like 3 months ago? :cwl::crackup::crazy:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Wow ! I was not expecting a rental car company to offer supercharged Mustangs. This is going to generate a lot of publicity for SIXT. I had never heard of SIXT before and now I will be looking for SIXT when I need a rental car, especially a Shelby Mustang.
If I recall correctly they are pretty big in Europe. Rent a lot of high end cars. BMW, Benz, Ferrari. USed to see them in the airports when I went travelled to European auto shows. They usually also had a pretty strong presence at the auto shows and sponsored various aspects of the shows.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm normally a non-stock hater.

But that's awesome. Really well done.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i've tried to rent 2 mustangs (booked mustang online), 1 from SIXT and 1 from advantage. one time i got a 8 speed V6 camaro convertible (FL) and the latter was SS coupe camaro (GA)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
What?!? Shelby American made a good looking mustang? Wow.

The hood treatment is nice and modern. The spoiler as well. And the hood is muscular yet understated. Very nice. The wheels are killer.

Even the interior trim is done well.

The only disappointment is the power. It really should be around 700 hp.

a car that looks like that and has the Shelby badge should not be getting beat by stock Camaro ZL1s.

Other than that, dang. REALLY nice!

I have been very critical of Shelby's recent efforts and I think rightly so.

Very glad they have been going for a modern take and not settling for outdated thinking and styling.

Kudos Shelby.

mattp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's not the tires that are too small, it's the ET value on the front wheels that's too high. I really like the Shelby wheels (these are the CS3, also like the Bullitt style CS11 a lot) but they really messed up the front ET on these things. That needs to be at least 10mm lower.

Otherwise great looking car, especially in Orange Fury. I already liked the new front end and the rear spoiler when they introduced the new GT-H last year and it looks even better on this edition.

Wish they would sell the parts aftermarket as well, but they don't.
Is it Orange Fury, or Twister Orange?

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Looking forward to seeing the parting out ads from SIXT

Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
What supercharger did they use? And i'm sure we will unfortunately see plenty of these wrecked. I'm willing to bet most people that will rent these cars probably wouldn't even be able to handle a "basic" 5.0. 600+ hp in the hands of someone who's used to driving a Versa (just an example) is no joke. Sharp looking car though. Never heard of SIXT, and i live/have rented many cars in So-Cal (including from LAX).
They are using, finally, an EDELBROCK supercharger that they private labeled to Shelby.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked the Shelby rep at Barrett Jackson why they used a whipple on the super snake and not the FP supercharger. He gave me a look and said, "A Roush supercharger on a Shelby"? I guess I missed something....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I asked the Shelby rep at Barrett Jackson why they used a whipple on the super snake and not the FP supercharger. He gave me a look and said, "A Roush supercharger on a Shelby"? I guess I missed something....
It's like Steeda using ROUSH or BMR parts. ROUSH and Shelby compete with each other.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's like Steeda using ROUSH or BMR parts. ROUSH and Shelby compete with each other.
Didnt Shelby and Roush collaborate in the old days? I seem to remember that. Recently both did the SR-71.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, it's the same hood on the Shelby GT H. I emailed Shelby about getting one a while back. At that time you could only get the Super Snake hood. Might have to email them again.
I emailed Shelby again about this hood. Unfortunately there is no plan at this time to make this hood available to the public due to lack of demand.
Sponsored